cap26's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, June 22nd, 2023 6:49 PM

Closed

Not able to watch my purchased movies on xfinity stream app

So just want to say I am not an xfinity customer anymore. When I had xfinity service I brought a ton of movies. I was told that even if I no longer had service I can still watch the movie I purchased on xfinity.com/stream or the xfinity stream app. Before today June 22 I was able to watch them but now when I go in it says access not authorized. I tired to chat with an agent but was told that I don’t have service so I can’t use the app. But under the Tv and streaming FQA page it clearly says that if you disconnect all xfinity services you can still watch purchased movies. She said again because I no longer have service that I can’t use the app then after I replied back to her she ended the chat. Just want to watch the movies I purchased 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

1 year ago

@cap26 

If you disconnect all of your Xfinity services, you can continue to watch purchased titles using Xfinity Stream (xfinity.com/stream) and the Xfinity Stream app. You’ll need your primary Xfinity ID and password to access the Xfinity Stream portal and Xfinity Stream app.  Are you making sure your still logging on with your primary Xfinity ID

3 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM​ I have been experiencing this exact issue lately and found my way to this forum because I was looking for a way to address this issue. @cap26 explained this beautifully and I felt as if the heard everything I was saying in my head, lol. Please help. I have tried the Xfinity stream app, I have ensured I am signing in and it still is saying not authorized. I would like to add that I made my purchases over 6 years ago and only stopped service because my husband was no longer in service and we relocated. But as a former employee of Comcast at the time, I was told the very same, that I would always be able to view purchased content through the app. Since June, I have not been able to do so. something definitely happened over the summer that is causing previous customers to not view purchased content. I am almost certain that @captkeating stated it was June they noticed the issue as well. I was still able to sign in on the tv atleast until today. Now it even says I am unauthorized to use it on my tv as well and my phone. Please help

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

@user_628f0f I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for you with your stream app. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

11 months ago

Same issue here and yes, I’m using the primary login that worked up until yesterday. Their tech support is woefully inadequate and they’ll be luck if they don’t end up with a class action suit unless they refund the $ I paid for 50+ movies that I know longer can access

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

Sorry to hear that, we'd love to help. To get us started could you please send us a private message with your full name and address?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same issue here. I cannot login to Xfinity Stream.[Edit: Inflammatory]

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@mhalla Not being able to sing in at all is not should be what's going on. We would really like to help. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address. 

Here are the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

1 Message

@XfinityJodie - I have been with Comcast for 15 years and moved 2 years ago to a spectrum controlled area- at a minimum at least 500 movie and tv show purchases- I was able to still live in and vie to n the stream- up until last week- when I called the tech support- the person I spoke to flat out said I basically lost them and would not be reimbursed for them at all- and that there was nothing that could be done- is this true- I mean I have been with Comcast for ever- and this is only a 2-3 year temp situation- 

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

@user_44e02c It is not great to hear you are running into the same issue. All current and disconnected customers will have access to view purchased content via the Xfinity Stream app as long as you are using the Primary ID to log in. More information on this can be found on our Xfinity On Demand Purchases - Equipment Requirements and FAQs article under the 'What happens to my purchases if I disconnect Xfinity service?' section.

One thing to note, your Xfinity ID will only remain activate if you log in at least once every 30-90 days after your account is disconnected. If you go longer than 90 days without logging in, your online account could be deactivated, preventing you from being able to log in to watch the purchased content (same applies for your Xfinity email address). However, your purchase content would still be attached to your old account. You can utilize services like Movie Anywhere as well to link your Xfinity account to your Movies Anywhere account for your purchased content to be displayed there. However, if that is not something you would be interested in using, we still have options to help by reactivating your online account if that is something preventing you from viewing your purchased content. If you need assistance with this, please send our team a direct message following the steps previously provided, and we'll get you taken care of!

[Edit: Tagged user]

(edited)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

10 months ago

I'm having the same issue.  I can't access the movies I purchased through the xfinity stream app.

3 Messages

10 months ago

I have not been able to get into the xfinity stream app.  I have over 100 movies that I purchased when I was an xfinity customer.  I only ended my subscription in July and I was still able to watch my purchased movies last month (August).  But now I get a message that says Access Denied.  I was told even after disconnecting all my services, that I'd still have access to my movies.  I tried the Movies Anywhere app, but it only gives me half of my purchased movies.  So that does me no good.  Please help

5 Messages

Did you get yours fixed. Mine just says unauthorized user

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_dde24 Have you been able to log in since your last post? Do you still require assistance? 

@user_hgr490 Are you signing in with your Primary ID and have you been able to perform any of the steps above, shared by XfinityKatie? 

5 Messages

@XfinityEva​ 

what steps? All I see is you have to sign in which I have signed in plenty of times. It’s says “

Access not Authorized

You signed in successfully, but you must be an Xfinity user to enjoy this service.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thanks for trying to log in and letting us know the error still persists, @user_hgr49o. To confirm, you are logging in with your Primary Xfinity ID. Correct? Has it been longer than 90 days since you accessed the Xfinity Stream App or Xfinity Stream website? 

5 Messages

@XfinityDilary​ 

no it hasn’t 

5 Messages

9 months ago

Unable to access and watch movies I paid for over a 100 movies. [Edit: Inflammatory comment]

(edited)

2 Messages

9 months ago

Same problem here. I have spent 4+ hours on the phone and no one at Xfinity can help me. I've spoken with Comcast Security Assurance. I've gotten all kinds of answers, from "You can't watch your purchases if you're not a current customer" to "Why don't you just plug your computer into your TV." This is absolute nonsense. They tell me that they can't get into the account to fix it. Xfinity can't get into an Xfinity account. Come on. I paid for this product. You sold it to me. And you told me I would be able to use the Stream app if I disconnected my services. Fix it or refund me. This is theft. I am using my primary ID. I can log into the Stream web portal. Movies Everywhere doesn't work.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hi there, @user_8xklyc Thank you so much for your time and patience. I'm truly sorry for the inconvience you have been experiencing. If you disconnect all of your Xfinity services, you can continue to watch purchased titles using Xfinity Stream (xfinity.com/stream) and the Xfinity Stream app. You’ll need your primary Xfinity ID and password to access the Xfinity Stream portal and Xfinity Stream app. Learn more about On Demand Purchases.-Richard

2 Messages

Hi Richard, thanks, but my (our - all of us posting here) point is that what you're saying isn't true for us. We cannot log into the stream app. We paid a bunch of money to Xfinity to purchase titles, were assured that we will always be able to use the stream app, and now we're being [Edit: Language].

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_8xklyc and thanks for your feedback. We are happy to help you and anyone else who is having issues. Please submit a new public post of your own. Once you submit a post, we will happily work with you. Thank you for following our guidelines. 

1 Message

8 months ago

I too am a former Xfinity customer who can not access my purchased movies via the the Xfinity Stream app. Yes, I am logging in with my primary username and password. Keeps giving me the “Not Authorized” error. This is very frustrating as the Xfinity site clearly states I can access my purchases via the app. However, this is not true. I have the Xfinity Stream app on my AppleTV device. Also, on my wife’s iPhone. If there is a solution for this, please share

5 Messages

No solution has been given. They tell you to use this app that pulls movies but it won’t pull them all. There is no help. Comcast lied. 

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

Hi @user_hgr49o! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums expressing that you're also experiencing issues with watching downloaded movies through the app. At this time, we would need to further investigate this on an individual account basis. To better assist you, please send us a Direct Message. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

I'm having same problem.   Just disconnected ridiculously overpriced Xfinity services and now I can't watch purchased movies from app.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

7 months ago

Hi. I am having the same problem with the xfinity stream app, but am able to login to my account using my PC and connect to my purchases there. I can also chromecast from my PC to my two Sony televisions in my home. I am still unable to use the xfinity stream app, though.

I did take advice that was given in this thread by one of the xfinity employees. I signed up with Movies Anywhere (link your Xfinity account to your Movies Anywhere ) and then tried to link my xfinity account to them. I kept getting an error notice:

HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request

so I utilized their chat function which eventually gave me the Movies Anywhere technical support phone number: 833-466-8438. They solved the problem by having me erase cache and cookies in my browser history. Problem solved. Their app is great and I am able to find all of my movies and am currently casting a movie to my tv with my iphone. It looks great!

Now, hopefully, xfinity will not cancel out the ability to reach these movies. Xfinity tech support informed me yesterday that they changed their policy about former customers accessing their purchases. The policy changes were made, I believe, sometime a month or so ago and have not yet been posted online. I told them that they should grandfather all people who bought movies, TV shows, etc. from this new policy, since the old policy stated we should be able to still watch our purchases after we leave xfinity internet etc., as long as we maintained an account. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here