U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, November 17th, 2022 3:37 AM

Closed

Not able to download iOS 13.0 on my older iPad & not able to access xfinity streaming app

Please advise on streaming app on an older iPad that can’t download iOS 13

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your Xfinity Streaming app! We definitely want to make sure you are able to enjoy all of your favorite content on your iPad. Here is a link with the minimum system requirements for the streaming app, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements. What iOS are you currently using? 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​ 

Latest streaming app needs IOS 13 min. Older iPads can only go to 12.5.6 IOS. is there a streaming app that works without the forced upgrade? I can't upgrade my Ipad > 12.5.6 so xfinity streaming wont work because I can't upgrade my ipad ios!!!

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@trymph​ update: using safari to get to streaming when asked if I want to stream via the app and say yes it will allow me to use the app without an update. At least there's a workaround. Why that functionality cant be added to the Xfinity Streaming app last updated is a failure of the develpers IMHO. I just want to use my app on an old Ipad that only can use 12.5.6 IOS 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have the same problem.  Can someone please post the link for the workaround?  I have an older iPad that cannot be upgraded as well.  It is running version. 12.5.5 and that is the last update it will take as it is an old iPad 2.  I cannot afford to purchase a new iPad.  TIA.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hey there @trymph I understand that you need some help with the streaming app on an old Ipad, and we are here to work together to see how we can help..In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@XfinityJorge​ I already have this issue on my record; its been reported. This will affect everyone with an older Ipad that can not upgrade higher than IOS 12.5.6. I did notice a workaround by using safari and clicking OK to using the app from within Safari. It then allows the app to open. It would be better to click through that pop up as a warning for best performance directly on the app however. Please speak to the developers to allow the xfinity streaming app to bypass the upgrade like it does below when accessing the app via Safari as shown below: <it has an extra window popup giving the choice to just stream without downloading the upgrade> 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

xfinity needs to fix this.. they have basically rendered my iPad useless for tv watching!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_dc68be​ see my message above about using Safari as your portal to the streaming app. It wont FORCE you to download as it comes up with that "open stream" popup that gets you to your account. BUT AGREED it needs to be fixed to use the app directly!! I also have no reason to buy a IOC 13 capable ipad just for Xfinity streaming but glad for this workaround via Safari. 

Regards

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

@user_dc68be​ Hi so I had the same issue. I got around this by deleting the app and then going back into to App Store to redownload it from the cloud icon. It downloaded the older version and I was able to log in and use it without issue. Idk how long it’ll work but as of 1/7/23 it worked. I hope this helps!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Nleisten32​ 

This works for me, thanks! 
I have a $250 mount in my wall for my older iPad. It will cost a fortune to have to update both iPad and new mount, just to stream the news in the morning while shaving. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Customer Service,

So I just had the same issue as above. I watched via the App on 12/22/22 and then on 12/23/22 it stated I needed to upgrade to the new App and I have an older ipad and was not able to upgrade as it does not support ios13. I almost bought a new ipad, which would have been ridiculous for just the xfinity stream app and all that I already pay for monthly to have xfinity. I would like to know if they have updated the app to be able to stream via the app vs the inconvenience of signing on via safari. Please let me know as soon as possible as they should have fixed this by now. Also, why did it work completely fine on 12/22/22 and then not on 12/23/22? I was able to do the workaround today, however, I would like to know if this has been fixed since the last request was about 28 days ago. I would actually like a credit to my account of $50 per month for this. Please have a supervisor contact me via my email and let me know if this can be done. Please let me know what is being done about this, as soon as possible. Thank you. 

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

Hey @user_8d37ac I appreciate you making us aware of the app troubles with the latest operating system requirements. Some requirements for Android and Apple devices has changed. Please click https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements to learn more. I hope this helps clear any questions regarding our stream app minimum requirements to download and access content. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

@user_8d37ac​ Hi so I had the same issue. I got around this by deleting the app and then going back into to App Store to redownload it from the cloud icon. It downloaded the older version and I was able to log in and use it without issue. Idk how long it’ll work but as of 1/7/23 it worked. I hope this helps!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you - Deleting the app and reloading it worked for me also

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_036cb0​  Update - as soon as I  logged out of the reloaded app and tried to get back in it gave me the errmessave about uploading to IOS 13. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I deleted app, then downloaded older one (from the app store) and now xfinity streaming works on my old iPad! Thanks for this info!

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I did the same but found that after closing out the session I got the same message to upgrade. Going through Safari and clicking on “open in stream” is no longer working. Any other solutions out there. Very frustrating paying for a service which I cannot use. I could live with going through the Safari browser but deleting the app and reinstalling every time I want to steam doesn’t work for me.

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@user_07bbc7​ I'm sticking with my old IPad IOS 12.5.7 maxed out and Safari which still works if I wait a bit until the pop up about the benefits of the upgrade transitions into "play in application" then I still get the "open in stream" pop up. Frankly the app never did stop continuously buffering (check my past posts full of the buffering frustrations). I watch CNBC all day on my IPad while day trading on my desktop and its better than it ever was in the app on my IPad. If it works don't try to make it better I've learned over the years in my DIY projects..........usually makes it worse <g> .........just saying LOL.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here