bugmenow's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, December 2nd, 2023 8:16 PM

Closed

No audio on MSNBC Streaming 12/2/23

The audio is working on the television for MSNBC but not streaming on my iMac or iPhone here in Eugene, OR. Can someone weigh in on this?

Accepted Solution

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

8 months ago

Wow...it came back thru the commercials but is now off again on MSNBC program.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @bugmenow, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

7 months ago

No sound on MSNBC tonight on the Xfinity Stream app.  Why hasn't this problem been fixed by now?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

It was working last night fine. Not working for me either. Really wanted to watch the post debate coverage. All other channels are fine. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Yes.  The same for me.  It was fine last night.  Tonight I was at a play -- and expected the problem to have been fixed 3 hours later (by the time the play was over).  Nope.  Really frustrating.  what's Xfinity's excuse?

1 Message

Same problem here. This is terrible. Every other channel/ program I've tried is working fine 😞

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Same here. This seems to be an ongoing problem with Xfinity.It makes no sense that the audio drops out of a few select channels...but only on streaming.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello @greenblue, I love the Stream app too, so I'd be pretty annoyed if I were running into those same audio issues. I'd love a chance to work with you more on this, and help get us going in the right direction. Are you only having this issue on one particular device? Are you able to confirm if this is the only network you've noticed is impacted? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@Rokqueen18, I hope your weekend is getting off to a great start so far. Are you having audio issues with MSNBC on the Stream app only? If so, what type of device did you notice this issue and are you able to replicate it on any other devices? If there are any other details or context you could provide, it would be very much appreciated to help get us on the same page. 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

I am streaming xfinity on my windows chromium browsers, both edge and also tried Chrome. Neither browser has sound for MSNBC, video is fine but no sound. All other channels stream fine in those browsers with sound. I noticed this is an ongoing problem with Xfinity stream and MSNBC. Can someone look into this. Seems "odd" that this ONE channel doesn't work.

2 Messages

SAME! This is very frustrating. Only msnbc. Only on app

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 months ago

Same issue 3/25/24.  Called Xfinity but no resolution yet

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

spiritcounselor Is there still no sound using the stream app or has it returned for you at this time?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 months ago

Sound restored at 10:13am CDT 3/25/2024. Hopefully it stays up 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

It is still out for me. The commercials have audio but not the show.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Greetings Jetjock_fl!

I hope you are having a great day. Is the audio still running strong? Appreciate you getting us in the loop to help. 

Official Employee

• 

816 Messages

Can you tell me if it is every show or just a particular show?

2 Messages

4 months ago

I'm having the same problem in Pittsburgh, PA. MSNBC went silent on iPad and iPhone at approx. 6:15 AM and remains unresolved 5 hours later (of all the times the audio drop has occurred, this is the longest the problem has persisted). No issues with MSNBC when accessed in Safari, Edge, and Chrome on the same devices. 

(edited)

2 Messages

The audio was restored at approx 1:00 pm.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

Sound is off on msnbc shows again… commercials are ok.  We’ve tried “rebooting,” unplugging the tv, etc. but nothing works.  Any suggestions?

3 Messages

Here too!!! Video, but no sound on MSNBC. ?!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_66dcf1 this leads us to believe there was an issue from the Network. Are you still having trouble with the sound? 

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I feel it was a problem with the network end as well. It's back now on last check. Due to the symptoms and behaviors I observed they had a corrupted feed or encoding issue that put out a corrupted audio stream that was not processed well.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @Jetjock_fl,

I am glad to hear that the audio issue seems to have resolved itself. If you experience any other issues in the future, please do not hesitate to reach back out and post for assistance. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here