dmegyesi71's profile

5 Messages

Thursday, February 15th, 2024 8:35 AM

I keep getting kicked out from the Xfinity Streaming app on my Apple TV 4K

Hello,

I have the latest Apple TV - 4K streaming box from Apple, and I have it connected to my Xfinity Wifi.  I am able to download the Xfinity Streaming app, but after I enter the activation code, on the www.xfinity.com/authorize page, it logs me in for 1 second and then kicks me out.  I should add that I am running the latest and greatest tvOS software on my Apple TV Box. 

I have done the following:

1) Restarted my modem

2) Restarted Apple TV

3 Deleted the app and reloaded it

I think this is an issue with the Infinity Streaming app not being compatible with Apple TV, which is unacceptable!!

Accepted Solution

5 Messages

1 month ago

I found the problem to this.  The latest Apple TV 4K (3rd generation) is not compatible with the latest version of the Xfinity Steaming app. 

---

(From the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stream-on-apple-tv-overview)

SUPPORTED APPLE TV DEVICES

The Xfinity Stream app works on any Apple TV device that supports tvOS version 15 or later, including:

• Apple TV 4K (2021) <---- the latest Apple TV 4K (3rd generation) is from 2022 onwards (see below)
  • Apple TV 4K (2017)
  • Apple TV HD (2015)

---

(From the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_TV)

4K (third generation)

On October 18, 2022, Apple announced an updated Apple TV 4K with the A15 Bionic chip with a 5-core CPU (one high efficiency core disabled) and 5-core GPU, reduced weight and dimensions, and support for HDR10+. It comes in two configurations, a Wi-Fi-only model with 64 GB of storage, and a more expensive 128 GB model with Wi-Fi, Ethernet and a Thread radio. The included Siri Remote charges via USB-C instead of Lightning.[52]

(edited)

1 Message

Thanks for posting this. Same issue here. Time to dump Xfinity. I had held out for awhile

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_1uwx77! We’d regret seeing you go as a result of this issue occurring on Apple TV devices. While not compatible at this time, an update will come out to fix this. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

Thank you for looking into this.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

Hello, @dmegyesi71. I'm sorry to hear you're not able to stay logged in even after going through the troubleshooting steps you shared with us. I'd like to take a closer look at your account to see what we can do to help get you logged in.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

5 Messages

4 months ago

This doesn’t help me. The Apple TV app crashed when using the Apple TV 4K and needs to get fixed. It’s as simple as that 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

We are glad to help in any way that we can @dmegyesi71.  Can you confirm that you are using the most up to date version of the app on the device you are streaming on?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

2 months ago

I need to know. Does the latest Xfinity Streaming App (version 1.7.0) work with the latest Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)?

It's a simple question. Please DO NOT tell me to restart my modem, or my Apple TC. These are NOT going to help. This is a software development question.  

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here