U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, December 22nd, 2021 9:04 PM

Closed

How to open support ticket?

Hi. How do I open a support ticket? I want to contact Comcast support to report a problem.  The Xfinity stream app is not available on the new Samsung series 5 2019 TV I just bought.

I searched everywhere and followed any instructions on the Xfinity site and forum about this problem but it doesn’t address that the Xfinity stream app cannot be installed.

The Xfinity site states any 2019 Samsung TV can download the app, regardless of software version.

Even so, I tried to update software on the TV and got an error message “This function isn’t available”. I confirmed that I’m logged into my Samsung account and connected to WiFI. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @user_eeb05e! Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family. Have you checked that your tv firmware is up to date? You should be able to see the version on your tv and check Samsung website if matches latest available. Even if your TV says it's up to date it's always a good idea to double check just to be sure. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityAntoine Thank you. I was able to update the firmware but the Xfinity app is still not found when I search for it on my TV. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

259 Messages

That's great to hear the update was successful, @user_eeb05e! After updating the firmware, have you already powered the TV off, and back on before searching for the Xfinity Stream Beta app?

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thank you for trying to help me!

Yes, I powered the TV on and off several times.

I contacted Samsung via live chat and was given a link to a website (Xfinity?) that showed which Samsung TV models were compatible with the Xfinity stream app. My 2019 Samsung model 5200 series was not on the list, although the 5300 series is. Unfortunately, I can’t find the link right now.

Before I bought the TV, and after discovering the problem, I checked an Xfinity website and it showed all 2019 Samsung TVs were compatible. 

I think what I need to do now is open a support ticket to ask Xfinity to add the stream app to the 5200 series, right?

(edited)

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

We can certainly look into creating a new ticket to help you with this so that you can enjoy Xfinity Stream on your new television.

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging. From there, go ahead and compose a new message to "Xfinity Support" and send us a message with your name and address. 

To send a direct message [private message]:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon

or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  • - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here