sewdan's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 2nd, 2021 2:49 AM

Closed

Fox News not working on stream

Stream is the worst app. I can't watch Fox News on stream and I'm unable to login to the Fox News app with an Xfinity login.

This is rediculous. Why do I have to pay full price if they won't fix this? 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 years ago

Hello @sewdan thank you so much for contacting our Xfinity Support Team. I understand that you're experiencing issues with our Xfinity Stream app and I am more than happy to help. Are you getting an error message/code when trying to watch Fox news?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

"Sorry, your Xfinity account is not authorized to view this content." New message this morning. What's going on?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@Jawnn Looking at "My Account," it seems as if Fox News has been moved to a more-expensive package. (Weren't there a couple of California politicians who urged service providers to do this?) To see what I'd need to do, how much more I'd have to pay, I was told I'd have to chat with a representative. At that point I bailed, and began streaming Newsmax.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

NeilS

Same issue here. Several channels in my package and available on X1 TV box are not authorized to stream on the Xfinity app nor the channel app itself (e.g. Fox News).

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_598b58 

Message on desktop stream app is "This network is not included in your current Xfinity TV service.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

We have identified and fixed the issue where some customers were unable to view linear channels on the Stream app on third-party devices (Roku, smart TVs, mobile devices, etc.), as well as on All IP accounts/Xfinity Flex devices.Also, in some cases, information was missing from the on-screen guide.

This has now been resolved. If you are still experiencing trouble please try deleting the app from the device and reinstalling it should fix the issue.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Well, I don't know what happened or who did what, but when I tried again about an hour ago (3PM EDT), Fox News came right up as usual. Nice to have it back!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello there @Jawnn!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity here on our Community Forums.  We are so glad to hear from you and ready to assist in any way that we can.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your full name, complete service address and let us know how we can be of assistance.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

When I try to was Fox 45 inside the streaming app. I receive a error message advising I need to be on the home Wi-Fi network and I am home 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

We are upgrading our services and a technician is coming out Sunday to install new boxes.  However I am unable to stream FOX News anymore.  A message states I am not authorized.  If I lose this service we will have to go back to our old service

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_249a0f I figured it out I had to log out of Fox News and log back in

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Agree one hundred percent

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same problem here. Just on Fox News. I take my laptop to our Wisconsin lake house which has a different provider and I have no problem. I found a work around. I have a VPN that I usually only use while shopping. If I activate the VPN the problem goes away.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

This is beyond ridiculous. This APP SUCKS. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here