brxfin1's profile

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

Thursday, January 5th, 2023 4:39 PM

Closed

Firefox Stopped Listing Channels

Xfinity channel listings have stopped working on Firefox 108.0.2, works fine in Chrome. It comes back with an error message re. "GPC signal detected". Firefox has recently added a GPC feature but I have it turned OFF. When I select Live TV/All Channels it only lists 2 channels. Here's what comes up when I go to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings:

GPC Signal Detected

"This device/browser has now been opted out of third-party cookies. Please use the link below to provide us with your identifying information to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information.

Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.

Privacy Policy | Cookie Preferences"

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Having same problem today, no problem yesterday

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem using either Firefox or Microsoft Edge

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same on Chrome or Firefox. This is BS, typical Comcast. Wish there were other viable options. I am listed as Diamond member, which means I have been with them forever, and nothing else. Please, fix this........................

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

Exact same problem here.

This needs to be fixed with the urgency they expect from receiving their service payments!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having the Same issue on Chrome and Firefox on multiple computers.  This problem appears to be with xfinity

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I started having the problem on the 5th while using Chrome with DuckDuckGo and PCMatic. I found if I temp turn off the DuckDuckGo extension Xfinity loads just fine. Once I'm streaming I can reenable DuckDuckGo and go on with safe surfing.  It's an irritant for the moment. Until I can figure out the Comcast privacy links. There is a wealth of information on this issue. Just search "GPC signal."

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_995fd0​ 

Thanks

Your solution worked w/Firefox & Duck extension as long as extension is 'off', re-enabling brought back the problem.

New Poster

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

I also have DuckDuckGo extension but in Firefox. I turned it off for the Xfinity site and the problem went away!

Thank you user_995fd0 !

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Removing DuckDuckGo extension in Brave browser did not resolve the GPC problem. Edge browser works for me.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

@mjh5​ I don't have DuckDuck or Firefox installed. I tried Edge and it works for me also. It appears to be a Chrome/xfinity issue. Not sure but it's aggravating as heck. Will switch to Edge for now.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Oddly enough, I get it in both Edge & Chrome but not Firefox

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

If you are having an issue, we are glad to work to get this taken care of for you @mjh5.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we are going to work to get things squared away for you.  Please feel free to shoot us a DM with a detailed message of the issue with your full name and service address, and we can get to work on this for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello @hc13. Thank you for sharing. Can you please provide more details? What type of device is this happening on? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityArmand​ When I click to go to the Direct Messaging page (https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging) it has the GPC error and clicking on the Direct Messaging icon doesn't do anything. I'm using Windows 11 with Brave browser and DuckDuckGo search (no extension). This has been going on for more than a week.

GPC Signal Detected
This device/browser has now been opted out of third-party cookies. Please use the link below to provide us with your identifying information to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

2 years ago

I'm having the same using Windows 10 and Chrome. Getting the message:

GPC Signal Detected
This device/browser has now been opted out of third-party cookies. Please use the link below to provide us with your identifying information to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information.
I deleted all history and cookies and tried logging back in. Same issue. I can see saved recordings and scheduled recordings but the live TV page comes up blank. I do not have Duck Duck or Firefox on my computer. At a loss on how to fix the issue. Thanks

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Brave won't let GPC be disabled on its browser.  Hopefully Xfinity can find a work around.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I get this with Chrome and Edge, but not while I am using the Incognito Chrome.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

@Rich_Howell​  Thanks for that bit of info. I just tried going to https://www.xfinity.com/stream/listings in Chrome's Incognito mode and sure enough I was able to get right to the listings for all channels and favorite channels. Was also able to schedule a recording and view all saved recordings. I appears to me that this is a Comcast and/or Chrome issue but am not sure. But using Chrome's Incognito mode or Microsoft Edge seems to be a good work around. Thanks again for the tip.

Happy New Year

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I am using the most recent version of Firefox (108.0.2, 64-bit). When I go to the main page of Xfinity.com, I see that weird black banner/design at the top of the page and it says:

GPC Signal Detected

"This device/browser has now been opted out of third-party cookies. Please use the link below to provide us with your identifying information to opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information.

Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.

Privacy Policy | Cookie Preferences"

It started on Thurs. afternoon.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

@moonchild77​ Same here but when I tried Rich Howell' tip and used Chrome's Incognito mode it worked fine. Ditto Microsoft Edge. You might try one of those methods. 

Best

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

This is really aggravating!!!

With the BILLIONS in profit that Xfinity/Comcast makes, We are subject to complaining on this useless forum to share how their systems are not updated as they should while no one from their company even looks at our complaints. No one from this company even bothers to chime in to confirm that there is a problem and that they are looking into it. They leave it up to us to discuss and complain to try to figure out workarounds to fix their lack of service issues!

And if you try to get any help from their so called "Support", you always end up with an all automated unpersonal black hole going Round & Round with stupid solutions like... Unplug this, Clear Your browser cache, Restart that, ect... It is so insulting that all the automated suggestions are all things any person with a minuscule intelligence has already done prior to resorting to their punishing unhuman "Support" system. 

Then finally when you do get to a live person (in another country) where their accent is 75% not understandable, They are pleasant and nice but do not even understand the term "GPC" (Global Privacy Control). Mainly because in their country there is NO GPC!

Funny how their service representatives that try to sell you extra services you don't want or need are all US based and can clearly speak English to ensure that they can make the sale. But when you have an issue "Once you are a customer", you have to deal with foreign service representatives that are hard to hear & understand or that don't fully understand the English terminology regarding the issues you are having!

Then after spending all this frustrating time trying to get the services you are promptly paying for with no resolve, their answer is always "Well thank you for calling... We are now aware of this... Give it an hour then try again to see if you continue to have this issue".

But in the end "We" are the ones to blame for accepting this kind of neglect while continuing to pay for their service and for continuing to do business with them!

Thanks Xfinity/Comcast!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_JU​ FYI: This is bigger than COMCAST. I'm not defending COMCAST customer service in any way, but the GPC hits many platforms. For example: If I receive an email, even from someone I regularly do business with, and there is a link to follow chances are about 30% my anti-virus will stop me from following the link. Why? Because the link is actually a redirect from a third party that does collect data on my 'click' before sending me to the intended end link. Examples: With DuckDuckGo enabled I can't follow a FedEx link to check on a shipment. Earlier I had a problem with some websites opening to a blank white page. It turned out to be an early GPC issue and my anti-virus software. My main complaint with this whole thing is the lack of public awareness and how vendors we use have failed to let us know... like COMCAST.  There is a wealth of information on this issue. Just search "GPC signal." I encourage everyone to do so.  Cheers!

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Hi Colonel_JJ

I totally agree and understand what you are saying. My main gripe is that I am the end user paying for a service that offers "Streaming" thru my PC via my internet browser. Don't get me wrong, I know things happen that cause outages or disruption of services. However, "GPC" (Global Privacy Control) was introduced in mid 2020 so it is not something that was unknown or just started last week.

Regardless of anyone's PC, PC Configuration, Browser Preference or any type of Security/Privacy add-ons they decide to use, Xfinity/Comcast or any third parties they do business with have had plenty of time to get their stuff together. After all they all claim to be the leaders in internet/broadband technology.

Again my main issue with all of this is that they offer a streaming service that is currently not working for quite a lot of paying customers that frequently use their PC & Browsers for this service.

Bottom line... If you are paying for a service or feature and it is not working, the service provider is responsible for getting it fixed ASAP instead of  acting like they did not know about this or that they did not know that this would be a potential problem.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

342 Messages

@user_JU If you are still having the same issue, Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I no longer work for Comcast. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Having this same issue on a Mac using Brave, even in Private mode. Safari works.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@VespaMaru​ yeah its a brave browser issue. Im back to streaming off chrome

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

no live channels listed     no help from comcast.  one hour talking to two agents and they raised the prices

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you so much for reaching out here on Xfinity Forums. We definitely want to ensure you have support with any issues you are having with your services. What browser are you having issues with your live channels listed? 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Brave, no extensions.

A work-around: enable "MoreTools->Developer Tools".  A couple lines down in the html, you will find "<div class="f-cmp-flyout-wrapper"><div class="f-gpc-flyout ">".  Delete that line, problem "solved".

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here