DreamSayerZ's profile

Problem Solver

• 

517 Messages

Friday, May 19th, 2023 8:06 PM

Closed

Error:TVAPP-00165

Receiving this error message in the Stream app on my Samsung TV. Sorry! Unfortunately, we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription. Check out xfin.tv/shop to subscribe today! The app had been recently working fine without problems. Did a recent update break it? I've already tried uninstalling/reinstalling app.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

517 Messages

1 year ago

This is the answer given after reaching out via DM and then being handed off to Advanced Repair.

If you do not have a cable tv subscription, you will not have access to the Xfinity Stream app on any partner devices. TV's (Samsung/LG). The Stream app is intended for cable customers who want access to their tv channels without renting a cable box. The only way to get to that content now is by using the Flex box, or via the web at https://www.xfinity.com/stream

It's still available for use on Fire TV, Roku, and Apple devices.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

1 year ago

@DreamSayerZ Thank you for reaching out and bring this to our attention. I can understand how frustrating this must be. Have you logged out of the app and logged back in and see if it clears the error? 

Problem Solver

• 

517 Messages

@XfinityTimothyA​ Yes, I've already uninstalled the app. And tried to log back in. When I authorize the app it says please wait while we get you your experience and receive error message.

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

Let's take a closer look into this and see what is causing the issue with you using the Streaming application on your Samsung TV, @DreamSayerZ. Could please send us a Direct Message so that we can get started?

To send a Direct Message [private message]:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon

or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  • - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  • - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

2 Messages

1 year ago

I don’t have a Cable subscription,just internet service. But I can get Xfinity stream to work on my IPad but not my Samsung T , help.

Problem Solver

• 

517 Messages

@user_rnn2h7​ They no longer permit use of the Xfinity Stream app on Samsung TV's unless you have a cable subscription. It's still available to use on Fire TV, Roku, and Apple devices. And supported computers/browsers via the web Stream Portal.

(edited)

1 Message

Getting this error too.

annoying af

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_zr2cb5 Thank you for your comments on this thread. Since this thread is over 6 months old, we recommend you creating your own post for assistance if needed.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I have a tv subscription and cannot use it on my Samsung tv

2 Messages

11 months ago

Just solved problem. I had 2 locations with xfinity, one with internet and tv, the second one with internet only. When I opened the second account, my email was linked to the internet only account so when logging in to my account with tv, it was thinking I didn’t have tv. I called xfinity and after 4 calls ending with technical team TT, finally was solved. I believe if you go to your account using a computer or iPad (not phone), you can make the change in the security settings. But not easy. Good luck

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

I am very glad to hear you were able to get that solved @user_xgnv54. And thank you for sharing that here. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here