U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 2nd, 2023 1:30 AM

Closed

Error TVAPP-00114

For the last two days, I've been fighting with this error code. I've cleared the cache on computer browser, I've updated ALL drivers, and I've even verified that my payment was still within the time period. 

What is the purpose of my paying for a service that I'm not receiving? I've been a customer for awhile, but this may be the straw that's needed to break the camel's back and convince me to try a competitor. Maybe their service will be consistent. I probably wouldn't even complain, but my neighbors are ALSO experiencing the exact same issue, which tells me that Xfinity/Comcast has completely F-ed up the service in our neighborhood.

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

Likewise, for 2 days now Streaming is broken on Chrome on my Windows 11 laptop. Xfinity is so broken I could not even log into forums.xfinity.com without getting OAuth "page reset" errors! Fortunately I was already logged in on Firefox, and so can post this message from Firefox. Also streaming is working on Firefox. I don't dare restart the browser!

For over $200 a month I think we have the right to expect better.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @PhysicalEd since Xfinity Stream is working in Firefox have you tried making sure Chrome, and Windows have all your latest updates? A very strong majority of time an issue like this is not going to be with the app. So updating everything and testing it on multiple devices is recommended. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

Windows and Chrome are fully updated.

Chrome is up to date
Version 114.0.5735.199 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I can't even log in to xfinity.com on Chrome,

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thanks for checking that @PhysicalEd. We did have reports of login issues that our backend team has been working on. Are you still receiving the TVAPP-001114 error or is it just the signing issue at this time?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

I went to another computer, also running a current version of Chrome. I brought up xfinity.com/stream, and on that page, I was brought to a login screen. I was able to login with my username and password, and stream.

So even though I'd cleaned the cache on the computer with the problem and deleted cookies from xfinity.com/stream, obviously Chrome was remembering something since it never asked me to try to log in, it just gave me the error.

I clicked the lock icon in Chrome and then clicked the "Cookies and site data" and then the "Manage Cookies and site data" link at the bottom.

This brought up a window labeled "Cookies and site data"

In the section "From the site you're viewing" I hit the trashcan for all the linked sites,

• login.xfinity.com
  • oath.xfinity.com
  • polaris.xfinity.com
  • www.xfinity.com
  • xfinity.com

I also did the same with the sites in "From other sites".

Chrome said to refresh the page, and I was logged in immediately. I did not have to provide username/password.

Something was being remembered in cookies or somewhere that is preventing Chrome from working unless the user deletes it.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@PhysicalEd - Thank you for posting this update! Those steps may very well come in handy for other users, which is exactly what our Forums are for :) Just to confirm, you are able to stream across all desired devices now?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

Hey @user_7f608c,

Thank you for visiting our Xfinity Community Forums support page. Please accept my most sincere apology for the experience you have encountered. There was a known issue that was causing issues with login. The issue has since been resolved. Are you still experiencing issues with your devices? Please let us know at your next available convenience. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityDemitrius​ Still having this issue on Crome/Windows 10. Can't even log in to Xfinity (ERR_CONNECTION_RESET). Tried to clear cache with no joy. Issue is persistent on all Windows 10/Windows 11 machines in my local network. Works on Edge and Crome in incognito mode though.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good evening @agezalov and thank you for your response, we're sorry to hear that you are still having this error. We'd like to take a deeper dive into your concerns. If you are still experiencing this issue, can you please send us a direct chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here