user_2c9d7b's profile

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, March 19th, 2022 9:03 PM

Closed

Error TVAPP-00114

Please clear your browser's cache

Sorry, we're having some trouble. Please clear your browser's cache and then refresh this page.

(Error TVAPP-00114)

Try Again
You should be aware of all of your customers having the above problem...
What is the estimate time that it will be fixed???

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

3 years ago

If you are having issues with the Xfinity Stream app, please view this support article on "Xfinity Stream App and Portal trouble shooting" https://comca.st/3wlBMao 

Contributor

• 

50 Messages

@XfinityDaryl​ It is not the app where the problem lies.  The xfinity stream app works on my ipad and iphone but not with the streaming option within the xfinity website.  I have tried it on several pcs and browsers with the same error (Error TVAPP-00114 results on my browsers.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

Thank you for clarifying, is this happening when logged into your home wifi? Away from home? Or both? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

wow, super unhelpful Daryl - we've all tried that stuff

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

@user_e96f28 Hello! We are aware that our customers are being impacted by this issue. I cannot apologize enough as I know it's frustrating, and we are working on getting it resolved as soon as possible. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

It's been happening for days.  Tech support hasn't provided a solution.

I've tried all the steps and nothing correct this problem yet.  Reset cablemodem, router, flush caches, hard reset browsers, try different browsers, try browsers without plugins, try different computers, try with and without VPN, etc, etc.

comcast could acknowledge the problem and say they are working on it but...

The only winning move seems to be not to play this game anymore. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Thank you everyone for reaching out to us about this issue. We are happy to investigate deeper with you all. Please send us your full name and complete address. Here are the steps on how you can do so:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/36z626Q for an example.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Anyone think that this has to be a ransom ware issue.  Why else can so many people have the same problem with no fix in sight. They have been hacked. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Rest assured that this issue is known to xfinity.  After communicating with several xfinity reps, I had a lucky coincidence to get a rep who had the same problem at his home.  He stays with his mother and said..."Last night when I was signing out of work, she reported having similar issues with the Stream service using the website too. I didn't have time to look into things at that moment. However, I do see what is going on. It would appear that there is a known issue with the Stream app at this time. It is tied to logins, so there isn't anything you are doing wrong. Our advanced repair teams are working to restore things. If we have already tried most of the troubleshooting, and still are running into issues, we may need to wait for things to be restored on the back end."  It is login/user specific and not tied to a device.  Appears to me that xfinity may be denying service to a percentage of their users in order to avoid a crash due to heavy demand by NCAA basketball viewers & their own free promotional offerings happening at the same time.  Maybe I'm wrong about that, but it's awfully strange to have this happen to users around the country, but not in a specific area where they consider it an outage.  Ethically, xfinity should list it as a status issue, so we can all quit trying to solve a known problem.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue for me also. It's been 4  or 5 days now and my last call to them over the weekend was over an hour and nothing resolved. Although I get the same error message, sometimes I'll get one saying that I am signed in but NOT an authorized user. I am the only use on the account for over 25 years! Tech support is useless,  I just want to watch shows and use the tv listings every so often.  https://www.xfinity.com/stream/  They keep saying I have an order ticket and someone will get back to me but nothing happens. I even mentioned they should read their own message forums and see others having the same issue.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

This has been going on since last week (over 7 days)  the rep was unable to help.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Here is a message with workaround I've seen on a few Forum threads.................

@user_fbb0cb

There is a temp work around until Xfinity gets the real problem fixed.

You log into Xfinity with your primary account and navigate to Users and add another user. It requires you to have a cell ph. number however, which is not used by another user. It also requires an unused email address. So I used my spouse's cell number, and a different email. Then I logged in with the new account (after verification) and navigated to TV Online.

This has worked for several people. The problem XFinity is having is Verifying Existing Users for TV Online, and giving the stupid "clear your cache TVAPP 00114 error. But when you create a new user, it works just fine. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Seems to be working now...3/21/2022 @ 12:38 PST

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_2c9d7b​   Yes... starting work about that same time... wonder if a message wb sent out to explain what was going on!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

The 'must clear cache msg' is gone and service is back... a general msg should go out explaining what happened... should also include an apoligy for not informing us in the first place!

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

I'm happy to hear that everything is working now. We are truly sorry for the frustration the error caused. It was likely an issue on the back end that our amazing engineers worked hard to resolve. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I went ahead and took the suggestion of creating a new user name and adding it as a "member" from the 3 choices offered and was able to view "stream" again. I guess the clue and remedy was in the other error message stating I was logged in but not an authorized user. That database or whatever must have been messed up. Tech support, on my last call, said my "package" of TV/Internet was old and that I also needed upgrade and also to go down to Comcast and get a new TV box. Somehow I didn't think an issue accessing something on a laptop was related to the TV box. They really should get a support department or at least have someone from corporate or even the board of directors look into how they deal with tech issues.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here