U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 4th, 2021 1:58 AM

Closed

Error: TVAPP 00116

Not able to access any channels. I just get the following error message: TVAPP 00116.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue would be appreciated. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Just to add I have logged in and out of the App and also reset my router but no luck.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_b2d3d6 Thank you so much for taking the time to post on our Xfinity Forums. I see you've run into some issues using our Xfinity Stream app on your Roku. Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Hello,  I am having the same issue.  All other Roku channels are working fine.   Can you provide the solutuion to the Xfinity beta error.  

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_416ac4 Since the issue is still happening for you, please select the chat icon in the top right-hand corner. Then search for Xfinity Support. Please make sure to provide your full name and service address.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have had the same problem in Houston since yesterday afternoon.  I would appreciate an update as well.  I chatted with customer service yesterday and was told that a problem had been reported and there was an estimated 2 hour repair window.  Still getting the error as of 9:50 am CST 10/4/2021.  Update Comcast?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm having the same problem, error tvapp 00116 in North Houston.  I also am not able to log into apps on my roku using xfinity as my provider.  It says, the channel is not included in my package ( it is, as I was watching it this morning ).  This is the second time in a month I'm not able to access the xfinity stream app that I pay for......

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hi user_1e562d, thank you for reaching out with this concern. Can you tell me if you get the same error while logging into your account online? Have you tried the app on another device? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

My service has been working since around 4:3o this afternoon.

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

Hello, @Bill657 I am happy to hear that the issue has now been resolved for you. If you have any other concerns please create a new public post outlining your questions, and we will be here to help! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have the same problem--started today. I uninstalled and reinstalled on my Roku TV and that did not help. Not a router problem because I am able to stream with my phone using the same router for WiFi. Other apps on Roku TV work.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

Having the same problem.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am receiving the same error code. I've had issues since the large outage a few weeks ago.  I've restarted my router, logged out and back into the app and still no luck. How can I resolve this issue?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the same error code. Please advice on how to fix this issue. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi there! We would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a chat and start with your full name and address? To start a chat, please click the chat icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue, happens every few days now. I have tried everything and pay way too much money for service to be having this issue. I pay money so that I can use the services, this is not some ad-hoc feature, this is what we get charged so much money for and what Comcast expects to be paid in full every month without providing the full service every month. Please fix this issue and credit users for services paid but not provided. I am tired of talking in circles with customer service reps that cannot resolve the issue. If there were other providers in my area I would be using them, but unfortunately there are not. For 10% of the price my I never have to worry about my Netflix account or service errors. Hulu live TV is also reliable, comcast/xfinity is the most expensive and least reliable and it’s not even close. Last time reps tried to rope me into upgrading my package even though that was not the issue and I got the explanation: “some things just don’t work all of the time on On Demand as the packages and available episodes may change.” That has clearly not been the issue since it’s asking to subscribe or pay and I am subscribed and can even watch it on my phone on the same network. Just figure it out and confirm it’s fixed before telling everybody it’s fixed. Many of us want to use features at specific moments because those are the times we can because we have responsibilities and schedules and should be able watch things on On Demand…I dunno on demand maybe? Is there a single person that has ever actually acknowledged that they’re satisfied with Comcast/Xfinity service, because I have never met one and that’s not hyperbole.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_2108bf! Thanks for reaching our Community Forums for assistance. I'm so sorry to hear this has been your experience so far. And I'd like to help make this right. To confirm, is this happening with the Xfinity Stream app on your Roku device? Is it the same error code? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? Such as uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I have been through every possible step at this point. Still no problems taking money out of my account today to pay for the service I’m not getting. Can’t stream on demand shows as it thinks I’m not subscribed to the channels when I’m literally subscribed to every English speaking channel I can see. It’s either the error in the original post or just only options to subscribe or pay for each episode. I understand customer service is not to blame but this is getting incredibly frustrating.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just ran into this issue on our Roku TV. You have to complete an update on the xfinity beta app. Click on the * at the top right corner and select check for updates. Let it run and then you should be able to access live TV, recording and etc. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_c1c4cd thanks but sorry it’s happening on other devices and updates didn’t work either.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_c1c4cd Thank you for your post on how to check for updates.  It fixed the issue I was having on a Hisense smart TV.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_c1c4cd​ this actually worked.  Note that I had already updated to the new version of the app, but that did not complete the process. What you have to do in a second step is follow exactly what LoisMax3rd says to do, which is a different step than getting the updated app installed. This process updates the channel list.  After updating the channel list the app worked again as it did before.  Thank you LoisMax3rd for giving the correct information.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same issue for the last week, I haven't had time to call. I am tired of wasting my time with internet and tv issues with Comcast Xfinity. I have already filed a formal complaint with the FCC online regarding intermittent internet service. It was going down everyday, multiple times for the past 3 years in my SW Florida home. Now for the past week I've been getting this error message on all of my Roku streaming devices. This is in my winter home. I am going to call tomorrow. 

Problem Solver

• 

513 Messages

Hey there, @user_741361. Thank you for commenting on the post. We can definitely look into these issues as they have been reported by our customers and we are also troubleshooting and if we are not able to resolve the issue opening tickets to have our advanced tech teams look further into this to resolve. Send us a peer-to-peer message by clicking on the message icon on the top right corner of the page. We will do everything we can to assist you. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue. Been using my own modem and router for years with no issues. “Upgraded” to the xfinity gateway today and while the internet works much, much better, stream app doesn’t work on any of my devices. Tech is coming out tomorrow. Funny you’d think of all apps, their own would play nice with their equipment

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Allegedly, according to the Agents I spoke with Xfinity Instant TV app is going black by end of month and you will need to get a box to stream Flex, which is not live TV.  The box is free though.  It would have been nice to receive notice of this change.  Xfinity alleges they sent me an email.  I do not have an email from Xfinity about this change.  In any of my mailboxes.  That is all.  I cancelled Xfinity Instant TV today.  I will pay more for live TV from a reliable provide.  

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@sheltiesrule I would like to look into this for you and give you new options if the Instant TV becomes unavailable. 

Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have just experienced this issue myself.  I tried a lot of different solutions (restarting the Roku, reinstalling the Xfinity Beta app, resetting the entire Roku) and nothing worked.  I finally tried doing an Xfinity X1 Refresh and this worked like a charm.  You need to perform a system refresh on your main cable box in order to resolve the issue.  Here are the details on the system refresh:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-system-refresh

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have this problem and e error message when going to another room to watch a rented movie. The tv is a Samsung Smart Tv.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here