jwhllc's profile

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Friday, July 26th, 2024 5:33 AM

DVR Playback & Comcast Service are awful

My wife and I mainly watch programs using DVR but we have playback problems for months. During playback, the recording jumps to the end and prompts us to delete it.  I can restart and fast forward past the problem area. I had to do that four times to finish the 6 PM news today!  Often, I see an error message about an issue with the DVR, and the program resets. This happens multiple times during a replay.  I've tried troubleshooting online multiple times, but the problem is intermittent. Every time I contact the agent, they assure me it's fixed, only for the issue to return after they sign off. Adding to this frustration, I had to switch to Fubo to watch the Braves after Comcast canceled Bally, significantly doubling my cost while refunding me $10! This is the final straw for me. Before I cancel, I'm reaching out to the community for any solutions. Ironically, as I was typing this, I received a renewal notice for my subscription, but I won't be renewing it. Comcast is causing more problems than it's worth..

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

2 months ago

jwhllc Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. I’m truly sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you and your wife have been experiencing with your DVR service. It sounds incredibly frustrating to deal with playback problems, especially when it impacts your ability to enjoy your favorite programs seamlessly. I understand how disruptive and disappointing this can be, especially after dealing with this multiple times. 

Regarding Bally Sports, programming costs are the largest cost for all video providers, not just Comcast. We work hard to limit the impact of this on our customers’ bills by negotiating with programmers to reach agreements that let us offer the best programming at the best possible value. When our programming agreement with DSG expired we made several reasonable offers that DSG hasn't accepted. This means we no longer have the rights to carry their channels, including your local Bally Sports network. 

I would like to see if I can help get to the root of this recording issue and get it resolved for you. To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

1 month ago

I'm having a frustrating experience with Xfinity. Whenever I try to play back recorded programs, especially sports and the Olympics, the DVR either skips to the end of the program or stops altogether. It takes multiple attempts of rewinding and restarting to finally watch the complete program. For example, I had to restart at least 8 times just to see the end of the Men's basketball game. I've tried troubleshooting multiple times and even started a conversation with an agent, but I never received a response while I was connected. I also posted my question here and got no response. When I searched for answers, I found that similar cases were closed 2-3 years ago. It's hard to believe that I'm the only one experiencing this.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled DVR Playback Proble

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

@jwhllc, I know this has been far from ideal, but I'm still in your corner and have replied to our direct message. When you get a chance, please reply there so we can work to find a resolution regarding your DVR issues. As a friendly reminder, please refrain from creating multiple duplicate posts, as that is a violation of our Forum Guidelines

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

I started a direct conversation as you asked. I realized you were not instantly available, so I waited longer than an hour each time I accessed it. You respond a day later without informing me by email, text, or voice that you are online. This is your way of pretending to be concerned and helpful but procrastinating because you can't fix the problem. Since the error I received is a pre-recorded one that states, "We are resolving issues with this playback.........," it is obvious this is a known problem affecting more than me. It is so bad that we are using Fubo to record the shows I usually do on Xfinity. So I realize that I do not need cable and want tocancel my subscription since this has been going on for months

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

19 days ago

Comcast will not solve issue with my DVR not working. Spent 4 hrs on phone. No results now they won’t call me back. 

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Customer service has been outsourced to Philippines 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, Mammaberti thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issues with your DVR. We would be happy to help with troubleshooting as we are a team of experts on this platform! 

What issue are you having with the DVR service?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here