U

Tuesday, July 16th, 2024 11:42 PM

Audio Drop Out Using Xfinity Stream App

Looking for suggestions to resolve audio drop outs on Golf Channel and a few other channels when using the Xfinity Stream App on Apple TV 4K. 

Always looking for answers!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

user_oycxfh Thanks for reaching out! I would suggest uninstalling, and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream app if you haven't done so already. Also, disconnecting your Apple TV from your home network, and reconnecting. If you're still having issues, we can try de-provisioning your Apple TV device from your account. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

This also occurs on the iOS app

2 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ 

This problem has been going on for many months so I started by trying a different cable modem, WIFi 6 Router, cables and a different 4K Apple TV on a different and on the same TV. Stalling happens often on the Golf Channel as do voice drop outs. Funny thing is that the most common problem seen is with Xfinity's own commercials where the voice will drop out for 4 to 5 seconds and return to normal on many TV channels.  Happens Typically between 3 and 6 PM Eastern Time. Yes, I have reinstalled, factory refreshed, setup devices as new, etc., etc..

After doing all of the work above I then contacted Xfinity Support and had an Xfinity Technician at my home. The Tech evaluated everything in my home and I was told by the Xfinity Tech that the problem is either outside my home or with the Xfinity App. I was also told the problem was being escalated months ago. I have since contacted Xfinity Support another three times over the past three months and been told that the problem was being escalated but have not had anyone contact me. I've given up on that path and I am now trying to see if anyone else has experienced this and found a solution.

One question -- Isn't resetting an Apple TV to factory, re-installing the Xfinity App and setting it up as new basically the same as de-provisioning?

Always looking for answers!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_oycxfh Thank you for following those steps and providing these details. Do you currently have a ticket? You can send this to us via direct message and we can take a look. You may also try our Xfinity TV audio issue troubleshooting.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

How do I Direct Message my ticket info?

2 Messages

Thanks for confirming that it appears to be the Xfinity Stream App. Maybe now someone will dig deeper and resolve this.

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

27 days ago

I have the same sound dropouts with various models of AppleTV (now all on the latest iOS 17.6), especially during commercials where one ends and another begins. Sadly, after reading many forum comments over the last two years this issue never seems to get resolved. I am an IT professional adept at troubleshooting. The 2 common elements in this issue are the AppleTV and Xfinity app. There is nothing wrong with my equipment or network. I have no issues with my Rokus or LG webOS while using Xfinity app, although it is slow to load on webOS. Rebooting the AppleTV and changing its audio settings seem to resolve the issue temporarily. It's almost like there is a small memory leak (an issue that builds over time) while using the xfinity app.

2 Messages

25 days ago

I also have this same exact issue with Apple TV 4K box and Xfinity iOS streaming app. I’ve also had a technician to my house, in fact another one is coming to my house tomorrow, and they cannot resolve the issue. The audio drops do not happen while streaming through webOS on my TV. It’s also now happening on my iPad so there’s definitely something wrong with the Xfinity streaming app. 

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

@user_h8a6dx​ They keep dancing around the issue like we are all idiots, creating doubt by questioning cables, networks, etc. Sadly, it's not an easy thing to isolate with the many variations in eqipment. However, once you reach a critical mass of equipment variations and the one constant is the app, the obvious answer becomes let's look a the app. I'm not amused by how long this is taking them to accept the issue may be their app. It's like a drunk who won't admit a drinking problem as his life falls apart.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_jc1209 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here and we are sorry to hear of the issues you're having while using the Xfinity Stream App. We can try deprovisioning your wireless devices to see if that helps resolve the issue. When you have a moment, please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

Given past comments, I doubt that action will do anything. I have 4 of them, 2 different models, all with the same issue. The dropouts happen ONLY on the Xfinity stream app, no others, mainly during commercials between the various vendors and when the programming returns from commercials. Oddly, it does not happen on any of the Go apps like Science Go or with my Roku. I'm pretty sure the issue began with iOS17. Apple seems to imply it's an Xfinity issue and vice versa, which leaves us in the middle with annoying audio dropouts. The dropouts do not occur on my LG TV which uses web OS, although the Xfinity app is so slow to load there it’s almost unusable. If streaming is the future, and it is, you might want to get this issue sorted out.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for your feedback on what has been happening. We can make a ticket to track the issue that has been going on. If you would like us to further troubleshoot with you. Please send us a DM with the instructions above. 

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

I have done all the troubleshooting I need. I have the sound dropout isolated to AppleTV and Xfinity Stream. None of my other hardware or software (LG Xfinity App or Roku Xfinity app) has the issue. Moreover, since Xfinity Stream is the only app I have trouble with on AppleTV, I'm leaning toward an app rather than hardware issue. I simply don't have time to repeat all the troubleshooting that I have done. While I am not an app developer, I am a Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager engineer adept at troubleshooting networks and devices. For now, I can just use a Roku even though in general, I prefer my AppleTV device. My suspicion is my AppleTV will just start working again someday without explanation and some developer will be going DOH to him or herself.

One thing I have yet to try is different DNS settings, which turned out to be the issue with my Wyze Cams. Rather than auto, which uses my routers DNS settings, I’m going to set the DNS manually to see if it makes a difference. 

I manually set DNS to 1.1.1.1. Nope, it worked for a couple of advertising cycles, like rebooting the device, but then the audio dropouts returned. What is cleared with a reboot but then returns?

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here