Jenniferrrr's profile

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

Thursday, July 13th, 2023 9:39 PM

Closed

Apple TV and the xfinity stream app requires verification and sign in every day

Does anyone have an actual solution to resolve the issue where the Stream App requires a new authentication/ verification/ signin every single time I want to open the app on my Apple TV 4K? I don’t think I’ll get anywhere with the usual “open a chat with us” response from xfinity…. What I’m looking for is a solution to this problem. I’m using it on my home network, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Stream app, I e rebooted the Apple TV. Now what? :(

Contributor

• 

32 Messages

1 year ago

Mine is broken as well, once I logged in it tells me the video content is not supported on my device.

So I don’t know if Comcast decided to break the app on Apple TV devices only because it works ok the flex box, roku box and iPhone. It won’t work on my Apple TV but It hasn’t been a problem for me since I have other streaming boxes.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @Jenniferrrr I know having to do repetitive sign-ins like that can be frustrating to deal with, and we definitely want to ensure you have a positive viewing experience! We do have a known issue that is currently being investigated for the Apple TV+ app on X1 requiring repetitive sign in, though I am not seeing it specify Apple TV devices themselves having this same problem. It is definitely possible though since you are having the same experience as users that are using X1 equipment. While we don't have a solution or timeline to provide on this currently, our repair team is working to get a fix in place as soon as possible. If you were to send my team a direct message here with your full name and address, we can work to get your account linked to this known issues so that it can be investigated for users not on X1 as well! To send us a message, click the direct message icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen, click "new message", type "Xfinity Support" and select that profile to send us a message directly.

@SRTology  thank you for letting us know of your issues with the stream app on your Apple TV as well. Have you already checked to confirm that you are using a compatible Apple TV to access the stream app?

2 Messages

@XfinityKatie​ I have the same issue using xfinity stream on Apple TV. I had to sign in 3 times in one evening. Very annoying. There are others issues with the app that have persisted since the app was initially released. Even though there are issues, the experience using it is much better than using xfinity supplied equipment. I hope these will be fixed soon and more features will be added to the Apple TV app. Thanks

16 Messages

1 year ago

I have been trying to figure out a way to DM you but can't, so I am commenting on this post of yours.  No idea if you will see it or if you'll respond, but I have been going crazy with horrible issues with my X1 DVR - watching Live TV and recorded programs - getting the dread XRE-03056 error and wondering what the heck to do.  I've been a customer for over 30 years and am so frustrated.

I saw your: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/cant-watch-live-cant-watch-dvr-and-xre03056-error-constantly/624bc8dcb776c838c9d0d8c3
And wonder if  you ever resolved it?

Many of my friends have dropped Comcast and I am starting to think that might be my only hope.  I have replaced my box because of pixilation problems (turned out to be upstream) with a different model (that I hated) and replaced that one with the previous model.  Then the XRE-03056 started. 

Anyway, I just was wondering if managed to resolve the issues you describe in the above post's link?

thanks..

Visitor

• 

1 Message

My issue with needing to log in every day is resolved, and I don't know why. I guess because of an Apple TV or xfinity app update.

Your problems sound different because you are still using a Comcast-supplied cable box? I have just the xfinity app on Apple TV. We are watching "cable" less and less. Aside from the daily log in issue we had for a while, the app works fine for our limited needs.

We keep talking about dropping the cable and just keeping the Comcast internet which is rock solid. Maybe after football season!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_m1jddz Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We are sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your DVR but we can definitely assist you. Please send us a DM with your full name and address so that we can help you. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here