Jenniferrrr's profile

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

Tuesday, April 5th, 2022 4:43 AM

Closed

Can’t watch live, can’t watch DVR and XRE-03056 error constantly

On two tvs on two separate x1 boxes, I’ve had so many issues since mid-March with live tv freezing and error messages, I’m just trying to find if this is a trend that others are experiencing.

When the issue occurs during live tv, the screen goes black and kind of sputters and pixelates, and then the most often error I’m getting is XRE-03056.

DVR recordings will playback partially, often with multiple blackouts or pixelated blips, and then a message that the DVR is trying to resolve the recording playback. Then, if the recording resumes playing, it backs up to a point several minutes prior from where I was interrupted, which then requires I fast forward, which seems to trigger the delicate, stupid dvr, only to have the whole cycle happen again during playback on the same show, over and over.
Also, dvr recordings appear to be fully recorded, say for a 1-hour program, but 1/3 of the way through playback, it stops as if I completed the full hour and asks if I’d like to delete it, and I can’t get beyond that and I can’t watch my recording because it’s somehow corrupted or something. 

I’ve system refreshed, rebooted, unplugged, called Xfinity and also had a response from Xfinity on this forum last week when Xfinity support old me there was to be maintenance repair for the neighborhood, and that it would all be fixed on 3/31. I was offered, by Xfinity Support, a follow up from them to check in after the maintenance on 3/31  to ensure all works better, but not only did nobody from Xfinity follow up, but now I’m not getting replies. I’ve been ghosted by Xfinity and still suffering every single time I watch tv. The only tv that is not having issue is one with the basic additional digital box / non-DVR. 

Is anyone else having the same or very similar issues for the past 3-4 weeks with X1? It must be a Software issue, and my theory is that it’s related to the whole dvr cloud change and software update released on my x1 boxes on Mar 16. Of course my first thought wa an issue with the equipment, but it’s on two separate tvs and x1 boxes.
I’m getting to the point of just dropping off all of my Xfinity equipment for tv and internet, at a local Xfinity store and cutting the cord from Xfinity altogether. 
Anyone else commiserating with me on these problems, and did you find a fix?

Thanks for any wise words of wisdom :-)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We have been having the same issues during the timeframe you reference. I have swapped out our DVR box twice thinking it was bad hardware but still happens. EVERYDAY. It's better if I start the day by unplugging and doing a re-boot, but why should we have to do that?!?!?! The main problem is with live TV or very recent /active recordings. If I try to skip back while watching a live program it will freeze and after a couple of attempts to get it back going it will just exit to the last previous channel. Older recordings (anything more than a few days old) most of the time play fine, it seems to be an issue with recent activity mostly.

What a PITA - for what I am paying for their service it is not acceptable. Hoping they get it figured out soon.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_2b8629 I am sorry for the frustration you have had recently with your X1 cable box. This is not the experience we want for you or any of our customers. You are in the right place to get this resolved. The next time that you see the error code on the screen can you please send us a peer to peer message so we run some test on your connection and troubleshoot this with you? 

To send a "Peer to peer" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

2 years ago

These issues persist (it’s been 3 months) Signal refresh doesn’t work, and I’ve gotten nowhere with Xfinity direct messages.
Fellow X1 customers - is this happening to you? What has resolved it? I e considered swapping out my X1, but If it’s a Software or Cloud issue on Xfinity’s end, I’m not sure a new X1 replacement will fix it?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here