Arius1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

Saturday, February 4th, 2023 10:41 PM

Closed

4k / full HD to xfinity stream app on LG TVs

Is there any ETA to xfinity getting proper resolution on the xfinity stream app on LG TVs?  It's a bit ridiculous its 2023 and we don't have full HD or 4k option.

We can never seem to be able to talk to anyone from that department.

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @Arius1 I know how important it is to get proper resolution on your LG TV. I'd like to ask, what model TV are you using? Does this TV have Roku built in? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityMikeB​ hello Mike I have OLED77C1, OLED55C1 and 50NANO75 TVs.  LG has it's own stores to download various apps so roku isn't an option.

Having 4k would be nice so when 4k is an option I can utilize it.  Having 1080p resolution would be higher on my list.  It just feels like no investment is being made on the xfinity stream app for TVs when its a far better solution than having boxes per TV.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Got it! As of now, Xfinity stream does not support 4k, and we do not have a date set as to when it will be. However, we will be sure to get this feedback to the right team. You can also submit feedback on your own here: https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form

Please feel free to check back in the future for updates. Thank you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here