C

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, April 24th, 2023 2:24 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream on Roku stopped working TVAPP-00101

I have been using the Xfinity stream app on my Roku device for years without a problem.   When I tried using it today, it says "This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi."   Error TVAPP-00101.

I've confirmed that the Roku box is using my home WiFi connection.   I've rebooted the Roku, logged out of the Xfinity Stream App and logged back in, removed the Xfinity Stream App and added it back to the Roku, and rebooted my modem.   None of these steps fixed the issue.   

Streaming does work from my PC on the same WiFi network.    

When I called the Xfinity support phone number, there was an automated message that there had recently been "upgrades" in my area and I should reboot the modem if I'm having problems.   I also spoke to a representative that said my modem is provisioned correctly.   I did see in some other articles online that an incorrectly provisioned modem can cause this problem.   Can that be double-checked somehow?

The Roku is the primary way I watch Xfinity streaming, so it's obviously frustrating to have it suddenly stop working.  

Thank you for your help.

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

1 year ago

Hey there! As an avid streamer myself, I understand the need for your services to work as expected. Has this been resolved? 

Xfinity app stopped working on my Roku today Help

3 Messages

@XfinitySheila​ Today, the Xfinity Stream App is no longer working on my Roku. I tried checking if there was an update, it's up-to-date. I tried restarting my Roku / Sharp TV and no fix. It keeps returning me back to the Main Menu when I try to boot up the App.

1 Message

Same thing is happening to me starting today.  Have you been able to resolve this and can you please share how?

1 Message

Same exact thing. Xfinity stream suddenly not working on two Roku devices. Works fine on non Roku devices. 

3 Messages

I have the same problem in my onn roku tv please help!!!

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

Thanks for following up.   When I opened the Xfinity Stream app again the following day on my Roku, I was prompted to re-accept the Terms of Service and then it seemed to be working normally again.   Xfinity must have fixed something on the back end, because I didn't do any further troubleshooting here.  I'm glad it is resolved, though it was a frustrating experience.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

No problem 👍 We can't thank you enough for the update and for bearing with us. We're glad the Xfinity Stream app is working on your Roku as expected. Have a good one! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityJosephA​ The issue has returned.  I haven't made any changes on my end.  I just sat down and opened the Xfinity Stream App on my Roku and it says I'm not on my home Wifi again.   I double-checked and it is definitely connected to my home network.   I would appreciate additional help to get this fixed permanently.   It's extremely frustrating that I'm not able to watch the Xfinity content I'm paying for as I had planned tonight.

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@cs4xfinity

Thank you for letting us know about this. We are happy to help. Are you receiving the same TVAPP error code as before?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Yes.  TVAPP-00101.   I checked again and it is still not working.   Please let me know what to do to get this resolved.  Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for letting us know @cs4xfinity! We'd like to take a deeper look here. Could you please send our team a private message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

For anyone else following this thread, I contacted Xfinity Support via Direct Message.   Even though my modem seemed to be online, they sent a reprovisioning signal to it.  After it reconnected, I logged out of the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku and then logged back in.   After re-accepting the terms of service, it was working again for me.   The support team isn't confident that this is a permanent fix, but something you can certainly ask them to try if you see something similar.   

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@cs4xfinity​ The issue occurred again today - 1 month after I first experienced the problem.   I had to contact support again and go through the same steps to get it resolved.  They had to send a reprovisioning signal to my modem.   Once the modem was back online, I had to log out of the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku and then log back in.   After accepting the terms of service, it was working again.   Obviously this isn't a permanent fix since the issue is re-occurring for me, but it does seem to help as a temporary solution.  

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityElizabethA   This same issue is occurring again.   I appreciate your help getting it resolved.

1 Message

Hi,

I spent 5 to 6 hours on line today with Xfinity Chat live agent for the same issue. We have one Xfinity account and stream with Roku on 2 TVs. The system has worked for years and we have updated Roku periodically.  Today, system worked fine on TV1 and in the am for tv 2 but then in the pm  Xfinity directed TV2 to sign into account with new Pass number and then stated that TV access did not exist for TV2.  I spoke to 2 techs who could not resolve the issue.  The second one insisted it was a TV issue and I should speak to the manufacturer, despite the fact that tv2 streamed all other platforms EXCEPT the Xfinity.  I repeatedly asked the tech to check which devices were associated with my account (because could no longer find that info on line) and he did not do so. Yet, I had several prior emails that we needed a new tv box (doesn't exist for streaming like cable has, unless they were referring to new Roku boxes?) and the tech and site kept suggesting that we update (increase) our plan, which we did not want to do.  There were no error messages except to tell us that TV2 could not access tv without paying for it. The tech checked the modem and everything was fine. He then dropped our conversation. The 10th time I tried a passcode, it worked and now tv2 is streaming xfinity again. I truly believe that when Xfinity is trying to pump up sales, these issues arise more often. When we had cable, on 2 different occasions we lost temporary access to usage because our contract time was ending in another month and they wanted to sell us a different package.  This time the tech tried to convince me that the TV could sever one streaming platform, Xfinity,  and still provide all the others while the one modem from Xfinity still provided all the platforms to TV1.  Sorry, but I have enough tech background to know that to be untrue.  Tomorrow I'll call customer service for a credit to the account because I believe the cause of the issue was their update that removed a device from the account.  This occurred once while we had cable so I know it is possible.

1 Message

I spoke to Xfinity they told mey TV was

no longer compatible for the app 

1 Message

1 year ago

i’m having this problem right now, i’ve restarted the modem , and roku xfinity app. idk what else to do! 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

The only thing that has worked for me is getting in touch with someone from Xfinity support and having them send a re-provisioning signal to my modem.   This isn't a permanent fix, but at least it lets me stream again.   Good luck and hope they come up with a permanent fix.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Good Afternoon @user_697145 We did have a known issue with the Stream App specifically on Sunday, September 10th, usually generating error code 500 or some variety of TVAPP errors, but this should be resolved. Are you still experiencing these issues? 

1 Message

I am having this issue starting on sept 19, 2023. Spent hours on the phone did all the steps mentioned above still nothing. Was told they were going to escalate but I have been told that before and no one has ever contacted me or resolved the problem. This is frustrating. Please advise. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_a426ad I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Roku. I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously since you mentioned already troubleshooting. What troubleshooting steps have you taken (as a few different ones have been mentioned in this post?) Is your Roku up to date? I would start by rebooting your modem. Ensure that Roku is linked to the same network as your Xfinity device. Once confirm can you reset your Roku account credentials and re-login.

2 Messages

I had the same issue. I also have the storm ready device. May be the same with pods. Although I was connected to my home network. I was connected through the storm ready device. I found this out by checking my wifi connections in the app. Once I disconnected the storm ready device and let the roku connect to the gateway everything works fine. Good luck!!!!

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same issue. Reset router modem… it works on my TCL but not on any of my other devices 

uninstalled stream app

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_6fbbdb, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the Xfinity Stream app. Please let us know if you are still having issues, so we can troubleshoot with you. 

1 Message

1 year ago

Comcast was working this morning on my Roku but for the last few hours it is not working. The app will not launch. My Roku is updated and xfinity has not updated. I restarted my modem, Roku and tv to no prevail. Is something going on?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I'm having the same problem, on a chat for 30 minutes,  no help. All they could say is wait and try again

1 Message

I’m having the same problem as first described at the start of this message. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I am also having this same problem. If someone from Xfinity could post on status here that would be great as it's clear this is a systemic issue.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I tried again about 5 hours after I posted this and it was working.. Had to log back in and accept new terms but worked.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_d4b76b, thanks for reaching out here on Xfinity Forums! Were you able to get this issue resolved? We would be happy to help with troubleshooting! Have you tried any troubleshooting steps already? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

We lost access to Roku on the xfinity app too. It would be nice if we had some explanation on why this seems to be an ongoing issue. Are they trying to push people back to renting the lousy boxes? 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_8bc715 I am sorry to learn you are having an issue accessing the Xfinity Streaming app on your Roku device. Are you seeing an error code? Also have you tried to remove and add the app back to your Roku? 

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the same problem - just started yesterday.  What is the solution?

1 Message

1 year ago

Doesn’t work on any of my Roku tvs or separate stick. Works fine if I use the app on my iPhone and AirPlay, but that’s not ideal…

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_a077bf Thanks for connecting with us here. Have you attempted to delete and download the Xfinity App again? Please let us know if this works. 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issues on all my Roku devices.  I have deleted the app, power cycles the modem, restarted the TV, and reinstalled the app.  Error 500.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thanks for those details regarding the issues with your Roku, @user_n3tjrs. We definitely want to ensure you are able to stream using your Roku. Have you checked to ensure that your Roku does not require an update and is running the latest version? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I’m having the exact same problem! When can we expect a fix for this?

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

Hi there @user_59ecc0 Is this still happening for you? If so, please make sure that you update your Roku firmware and the Stream App and see if it works for you then. Thanks!

2 Messages

@XfinityFrank​ This problem is on Xfinity's end ... not Roku. Xfinity passed me off to Roku and Roku said that Xfinity needs to fix their app.

2 Messages

11 months ago

XFINITY - CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP??? 

I've used the app on my Roku for 2 years and all of a sudden it won't work. My Xfinity internet is connected, it works great. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, I've signed out, I've reset my internet connection on the Roku, I've reset the entire Roku, I've had Xfinity send an "update/refresh" to the app.. nothing. Xfinity told me that I have to call Roku and they need to fix it...Roku said they don't have the access to the local apps and that it's Xfinity's problem to fix on the app. I have wasted almost 9 hours of my time talking to Xfinity and Roku... can someone please help me?? 

At first I was having this problem on iPad app too, but that seems to work now. Only the Roku (which is where I watch TV) is not working. 
I am wondering if the Roku is having this error since it doesn't have location services like the iPad? 

Tech Info:
ROKU Ultra 4670X 

Xfinity internet through an Arris Surfboard Modem

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @Jkm1989! Could you please clarify the issue you are having on the Roku? Are you seeing an error message or error code?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

11 months ago

I’m having the same problem as everyone else. Rebooted modem, restarted Roku, removed and re-loaded Xfinity stream app, Roku is up to date, disconnected power and reconnected power to Roku   Nothing more to try, very frustrating. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Had the same issue today, reached out to service (which is exhausting) and had them send a reprovisioning signal, after that, everything works again- good luck getting someone at support who will try (first) what I've suggested

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey there, @mtnlvr00! I'm sorry to hear that you're having similar issues using the Xfinity Stream app on your personal Roku device. As someone else has mentioned, we might be able to help by sending an account refresh signal or creating a ticket for our engineers to take a further look. Have you done this yet by creating your own post and requesting assistance?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 months ago

I’m having the same problem with xfinity stream on Roku. I have multiple devices and problems on all of them. Call Xfinity. After trying to send me to the virtual assistant three time, I was supposedly sent to an agent. First message is that there is a two minute wait. Then a recording told me nobody was available. Is there any wonder that people are cutting the cord?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

I am sorry to hear that your app is not working on your boxes @dkaegi Can you confirm the boxes you have are listed here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku as compatible models? 

1 Message

Having same issue please help, I do not feel like canceling whole house of services (phone/cell/internet/cable). I was instructed I only need 1 box because I have all Roku and Samsung smart tvs that are compatible with the stream app. I’ve spent all day from 4:00pm est until 10:00pm est on the phone with Xfinity trying to troubleshoot and figure out why I’m receiving error code: tvapp-00195. I have brand new service with 2022+ Roku smart tvs. Please help!

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good evening @Rrose904, and thank you for posting on our Community Forums with your streaming concerns. We are sorry to hear that you are also receiving the tvapp-00195 error code. We understand your frustrations and assure you that our team is here to help. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? 

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

We look forward to hearing from you! 

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

11 months ago

Having same issue. The Xfinity Stream app works fine on my two Smart TVs using the TV's app and on my smart phone. But on the 4 TVs that I use with Roku boxes, the Xfinity Stream app suddenly stopped working, all at the same time. All of my other apps work fine with the Roku boxes. The problem is Xfinity Stream not working with Roku. Was on the phone with Xfinity for an hour. No resolution. I did all the suggested steps, resetting the modem, unplugging devices, updating Xfinity app and Roku boxes. I get error code TVAPP-00101 on three TVs and TVAPP-00116 on the fourth. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Having same issue ... stopped working after updating Roku firmware today ( 1 Nov 2023 ). Deleted app, reinstalled, re-authenticated through xfinity.com/authorize , but every time I select the "Xfinity Stream" channel, it starts to load then bounces back to Roku home screen without error code rendering it useless. Apple TV and other channels work fine through the ROKU device. Hope someone can find/post a patch, workaround or other solution. Xfinity is way too expensive not to be useable. 

1 Message

THIS IS RIDICULOUS !!!  My Roku, all of a sudden, keeps going back to the home scream when I try to srean Xfinity.

1 Message

@user_3nj5v6​  same here. It must be on their end. Very frustrating!!

1 Message

You can add me to this group. I've reset my modem, and Roku, deleted and added back the Xfinity app on my Roku. Still no Xfinity stream!

2 Messages

I’m having the same problem, go to Xfinity and it goes back to home screen

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here