U

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Tuesday, March 14th, 2023 12:53 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream app stopped casting to one Google Hub after working for years

I have 2 Google hubs in my home network.  Both have been able to be used to stream live content from the Xfinity Stream app to the Hub.  I can see both hubs through the Google Home app and I can connect to both hubs with Xfinity Stream. Even though I can connect to both, I can only stream to one.  If I attempt to cast to one of the Hubs, Stream connects and spins for a bit then I get an error on the stream app and on the Google Hub.The error is "We're expanding our casting capablilities everyday but right now we are unable to cast this video".  I have no problem casting any other app to either of the devices, YouTube, Movies ...etc.  I have uninstalled the xfinity app and reinstalled, I have removed the device from the home app, and I have checked the privacy settings.  Please provide a workaround to get the Hub working again, it is used daily and this is definetly an issue with the Xfinity Stream App.  As previously mentioned, this was working for years and it is currently working on 1 of 2 Hubs I have in my house.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

Howdy there! It sounds like you're off to a great start with troubleshooting! We're glad to have you reach out here, and post the steps you've taken already in an attempt to resolve the issue at hand! May we ask, are you utilizing the same Xfinity ID when accessing the application on either hub? And is there any error code or number that you are seeing when you receive the error mentioned above? 
We look forward to hearing back, so that we can work together to help out! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Using the same account and the only error message is the one I posted.  The Hub displays the text for the TV channel I am casting.  "Connected to ABC".  The video os never dispalyed and after 30 seconds or so, the error message is dispalyed on the Hub and in the Home App.  I have removed the device and added it with a new name also.  I can see both Hubs bur can only case to one.  My wife has the same issue with her iPhone so I know it is not a setting on the phones.   We can both caset any other app to the Hub except for Xfinity Stream.  We have both been using it for years now and it all the sudden quit working for both of us at the same time.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Are you using the same login name for both Google Hubs you are attempting to stream with?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I have been getting this error from the xfinity streaming app.  I have also tried from the web browser and neither work

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

@user_09bf0c Are you receiving this error when you try to watch a specific program or any programs?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Repro steps:

1. Launch Xfinity stream app on iPhone
  2. Choose Live TV from bottom Menu
  3. Choose station and click Watch
  4. Xfinity plays the station on my iPhone & my wifes
  5. Click the cast button to cast to a Google Hub
  6. Get a "Connect to a Device" screen which lists both Google Hubs, AirPlay and Bluetooth Devices
  7. Choose Google Hub 1
  8. Get "Connecting to Google Hub 1
  9. Displays Casting to Google Hub 1 for 30 seconds (it is not casting on Hub, Hub shows Channel Name with a spinned in the middle)
  10. Get error on Xfinity Stream - that is dispalyed in the other post above.
  11. Ig I press stop casting, goes back to Xfinity Stream app on my iPhone which is playing fine.
  12. If I do steps 1 - 8 for Google Hub 2 it plays fine on Google Hub 2
  13. IF I go to YouTube and cast a video to Google Hub 1, it plays fine
  14. If I go to a movie and cast to Google Hub 1, it plays fine
  15. Both Hubs worked fine for years and now ti quit working on Google Hub 1.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@user_09bf0c​ Try streaming in Microsoft Edge if you are using Google Chrome.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityZacharyA​ No this happens no matter what channel I select. And it happens no matter if I cast from the Iphone app or my laptop's Chrome browser

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_09bf0c Thank you for this information, I will be happy to look over the equipment and potentially make a ticket. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

I also just tested from a Surface Pro X using the Chrome Browser becuase the other poster mentioned it in his post.  I cannot even get to the streaming stations on my browser.  The window sticks on this

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_5dcd83. I can start with deprovisioning all devices from the Stream service. Before I do that it is recommended you sign out of the devices you use for casting. If that doesn't help we will want to put in a ticket attached to your account. Every ticket helps create awareness for our engineering team. 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Please deprovision Bathroom Hub from the stream service.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_5dcd83. The Hubs are only for casting and they won't be logged in for deprovision. It would be any devices you use to cast from that runs the Stream app. It may not help, but is a good first step.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Do whatever needs done to reanable streaming to the device

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

In order to completed these steps, please send us a DM with your name and address. I'd be happy to continue once we can get the account pulled up!

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the “chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

I have used Xfinity Stream on this same Surface many times in the past on the Chrome browser. I do not get an error on the Chrome browser, the Xfinity logo 3 dots are moving and it will stay that way for ever.   I tried Xfinity stream in Microsoft Edge and it worked fine!!!  I am currently viewing live TV in my Edge browser.  This indicates to me that there is an issue with Google in general.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

UPDATE:  -  If I open a private window in google chrome and login to xfinity stream it works in Google Chrome.  Must be soemthing cached on my Surface for authentication that isnt working.  I really dont care about my browser, if there is something cached on our iPhones that may be a pointer to the issue.   That doesnt explain why it works on 1 hub and not the other.  I did see many posts from some time ago that users could only see 1 Google device and there was a fix that.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here