mrussell1211's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, June 15th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App on Roku

I recently got a Roku.  I was surprised to the see:

--When watching Live TV, you can not pause.  You also cannot rewind.  

--When watching a Recorded show and you Fast Forward, you are unable to see preview of what you are fast forwarding.  

I am wondering when this will be updated?  I noticed that the app is still in Beta...it has been in Beta for a while.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

I noticed this as well... I'm not understanding why this app is so far behind compared to others. Pausing , FF, Rewind is something everyone else has had for years.... This app is beyond basic and there is no excuse for it

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@dgilvin1 wrote:

I noticed this as well... I'm not understanding why this app is so far behind compared to others. Pausing , FF, Rewind is something everyone else has had for years.... This app is beyond basic and there is no excuse for it

It isn't a set top box with a buffer memory card. like a set top box. easy workaround is hit recocd on the show, then play back the recording while it is progress. you can rewind up to the point of the start of recording and skip forward up to the live point of the on-going show.

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

4 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

@dgilvin1 wrote:

It isn't a set top box with a buffer memory card. like a set top box. easy workaround is hit recocd on the show, then play back the recording while it is progress. you can rewind up to the point of the start of recording and skip forward up to the live point of the on-going show.

I'm aware that it isn't a set top box, your point?

Being a set top box is irrelevant. Sony Vue, YouTube TV, Philo, etc. all have managed to have Pause, FF, Rewind during a live show. All this is and was (Vue) available using a Roku or other device.  It has nothing whatsoever to do with being a set top box, it has to do with the coding of the app.

I'm not going to record a show just to use something that should already be available. Besides you only get 20 hours of DVR.

Face facts and reality, this app is poor and from a company like Comcast it is beyond ridiculous.  Also the fact you don't seem to know what apps are capable of and comparing it to a set top box speaks volumes of your knowledge on this particular subject.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Today, 10.13.2000

I just chatted with a live agent and was told they will be out of "Beta" by the end of 2020.  Here's hoping they will resolve the pause and rewind issue! 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

still Beta 4/16/2021

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Still beta 6/23/21. Terrible

Visitor

• 

1 Message

And we're still beta 9/5/21 ... this is clearly Comcast slow playing to keep milking lease fees for boxes.  No one could seriously be this inept 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I had YouTube TV for the last couple years and, although it, too, had some limitations, the fast forwarding of recorded content worked so much better. Also, you could rewind, pause and fast forward live TV. Very disappointed with Comcast (but, what else is new). I'm glad that I got the no contract service. Not worth the $25/month savings.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Just added a USB flash drive as suggest by Xfinity tech support. He got the info to add it from the Roku website for 90 minutes of LiveTV pause. Unfortunately, the Xfinity Stream Beta app does not use the local pause buffer attached to the Roku TV. Features that I had on my first DishPlayer in 1999 are not available on this app. They are available on the iPhone/iPad app; why not on the Roku or Roku TV app?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

So i have multiple brand new TCL Roku TVs.  The version of xfinity app is 5.8... I have an insignia TV(amazon fire version) that just released that xfinity app for it a few months ago.  It is on version 6.7.... You are able to pause live TV without issue on the fire TV.  So im guessing its not a TV issues, its a version issues.  When is the newer version going to be released for the Roku TVs?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I've had Xfinity stream for 2 years and they still haven't added pausing live TV. My 2 year agreement is up soon and if they don't add it I am changing to Fubo TV, they have all the channels I need and you can pause live TV, they include 1000 hours of cloud DVR plus their app is way better to use than Xfinity Stream. Youtube and Hulu Live TV don't have channels I watch. I can't understand how the biggest TV provider in the USA can't improve their app in the course of 2 years. While way smaller live TV providers can blow their app out of the water. Its the little things that get me with Xfinity Stream, besides not being able to pause live tv, if I want to record a program I was watching live I'd have to go back to the guide and from their select record (ridiculous). The only logical reason I can think of is Xfinity wants its customers to rent their box where you can pause Live TV for $7-$8 a month. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I just loaded the xfinity app on my firetv just to see if it was different from the Roku app. This app is far superior. I can pause live tv, the interface is cleaner. It actually looks more  like the cable box. Recordings have a 30 second skip. How hard is it for Comcast to put this same app on the Roku?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here