sable525's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, February 12th, 2021 7:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity Stream App not working on Roku

I've been on the phone and chat with xfinity tech support agents to no avail trying to fix why my streaming for live tv is not working... I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times still nothing. I get the message 

Get more of what your looking for.( It looks like your plan doesnt include any channels, Luckily, theres an easy fix then tell me to go to xfinity website. ) 

Error Code TVAPP-00500

THEY HAVE SENT SIGNALS TO REFRESH MODEM AND NOTHING IS WORKING.. I KNOW HOW TO USE THE APP AS ITS BEEN THE SOURCE OF WATCHING TV FOR 2 YEARS... I THINK THEY WANT YOU TO RENT THOSE $8 BOXES PER TV.... CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS ISSUE?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

4 years ago

Hello and thank you! I really appreciate you being a member of the Comcast Family! This is not the experience we want you to have with the Xfinity Stream App. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you? To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastThomasF" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I don't know where on here I found this advice but it literally JUST worked for me. Thanks to the other poster for this advice and Comcast employee JONATHON whom she have credit to as well. 

1. Delete Xfinity beta app (highlight icon then press * key on Roku remote for options)

2. Unplug power supply from Roku stick for at least five mins, *** like walk away, lol 

3. Plug it back in, download app again, complete authorization process with link code to your phone or computer

4. Highlight Xfinity app again, press * to move channel where you want it again

***This time I left it alone for more than one minute and everything worked good once I authorized it again. Hope you have same results I had. 😊

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm this nightmare......rite now!!!

3 days and pending 4 agents they even had me go to their store... and I still have no cable.

As expensive as cable is they shouldnt have a glitch. Cable payments are like  car payment now a days. Awful😡

Administrator

• 

658 Messages

Hello @user_512b47, if you're experiencing Error Code TVAPP-00500, this is commonly linked to an authentication error. A system refresh, which will sync your username and network to your subscriptions, is the most common fix for this and similar errors.

Ensure you are using an approved Roku device for the streaming Beta (https://comca.st/3ydyGnf), you're signed in with your Xfinity username on your in-home wireless network, and then request a system refresh. An employee can initiate this request for you, just send us a peer-to-peer communication here on the forums.

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon. Click this "Peer to peer chat" icon or follow  https://comca.st/3olryAE
2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I’m having same trouble. Seems to work when I am logged into xfinity.com with my phone. However my phone when phone gets unhooked so do Rokus. This has worked fine until last week. Seems Comcast has changed something on streaming app. How do I fix without having to do every couple of days?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I cannot currently stream the Xfinity app on Roku.  It has not worked for the last several days.  Everything thing else on my Roku TV works fine.  It is not an internet issue.  I tried to remove the app and reinstall it but that didn't work either.  What is going on?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Me too :( it just stopped working. Error code —500 

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hi all! If you are still experiencing issues, please sure you have attempted the steps previously mentioned by my awesome colleague as follows:

If you're experiencing Error Code TVAPP-00500, this is commonly linked to an authentication error. A system refresh, which will sync your username and network to your subscriptions, is the most common fix for this and similar errors.

Ensure you are using an approved Roku device for the streaming Beta (https://comca.st/3ydyGnf), you're signed in with your Xfinity username on your in-home wireless network, and then request a system refresh.

An employee can initiate this request for you, just send us a peer-to-peer communication here on the forums.

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon. Click this "Peer to peer chat" icon or follow  https://comca.st/3olryAE
2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
5. Press Enter to send it. 

Thank you all so much!

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here