ericm301's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, January 15th, 2020 6:00 AM

Closed

Xfinity stream app missing all recordings

I am wondering if xfinity is down or if they have removed access to all the recodrings from the DVR.  In my updated xfinity stream app it states that my recordings file is empty.  When I go to my TV and look at the recordings I have 45 and at 32%.  Even when I log into the website to stream all of the recordings are not showing up.  Note, this is a new issue.  I was able to watch my recordings as of last thursday.  Any advise?  I have already deleted and reloaded the app.  reset my Ipad.  Tried it on the Iphone and on the website.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’ve had this same issue for a very long time. I, too, have deleted the app and downloaded several times to no avail. It’s a very frustrating problem!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@ericm301 wrote:

I am wondering if xfinity is down or if they have removed access to all the recodrings from the DVR.  In my updated xfinity stream app it states that my recordings file is empty.  When I go to my TV and look at the recordings I have 45 and at 32%.  Even when I log into the website to stream all of the recordings are not showing up.  Note, this is a new issue.  I was able to watch my recordings as of last thursday.  Any advise?  I have already deleted and reloaded the app.  reset my Ipad.  Tried it on the Iphone and on the website.

when you log into the app and go to the guide can you make a recording? what device are you using? did you try a different smart device or a desk/laptop PC?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I've been having the same issue for months. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm having the same issue, all recording are on the DVR and can watch and access from any TV that has a box throught the house. But when I try to access the recording from iphone/ipad (with either xfinity app or website) says recording file is empty, same on PC. Was working fine as of Jan 15. I am able to watch live tv on the devices with no issue.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@MDTobin1 and @Noelsings68 

wrote:

check my post of 1/16 just above your posts. please 'quote' my reply with your answers

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

@Rustyben wrote:

wrote:

check my post of 1/16 just above your posts. please 'quote' my reply with your answers

Thanks for getting back about this, much appreciated!! 

Devices I am using:

PC Win 10 (Chrome/Edge/IE)

Laptop Win 10 (Chrome/Edge)

Iphone App

Ipad App

Ipad Pro App and Website

Samsung TV with DVR Box

Samsung TV with just small box

All devices I am able to watch live tv and set a recording, The Tv's work fine, watch, record and see all the old recordings. All the mobile devices I can set a recording and watch that recording, but not the 40+ recordings that are stored on the dvr.

Up until yesterday everything was working fine on everything. Nothing changed on my end, other than if the app was upgraded through apple, but that wouldn't effect the website for streaming recordings.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@MDTobin1 wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

wrote:

Thanks for getting back about this, much appreciated!! 

Devices I am using:

PC Win 10 (Chrome/Edge/IE)

Laptop Win 10 (Chrome/Edge)

Iphone App

Ipad App

Ipad Pro App and Website

Samsung TV with DVR Box

Samsung TV with just small box

All devices I am able to watch live tv and set a recording, The Tv's work fine, watch, record and see all the old recordings. All the mobile devices I can set a recording and watch that recording, but not the 40+ recordings that are stored on the dvr.

Up until yesterday everything was working fine on everything. Nothing changed on my end, other than if the app was upgraded through apple, but that wouldn't effect the website for streaming recordings.

after you make the recording (in progress or finished while on home wifi) does the recording show up on the DVR and any/all of your streaming devices?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

New recordings started showing up in there so and I let this go.
But, it's back:

NONE of my devices (iPhones and iPads) can see any recordings, except, strangely, for the last 15 Warriors games. Nothing else.
The DVR says it has 81 recordings.
Why can't I watch them?
No other app functionality is affected.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@ericm301 wrote:
New recordings started showing up in there so and I let this go.
But, it's back:

NONE of my devices (iPhones and iPads) can see any recordings, except, strangely, for the last 15 Warriors games. Nothing else.
The DVR says it has 81 recordings.
Why can't I watch them?
No other app functionality is affected.

are the warriers games set to not expire for one year? they may be taking up all of your room for 'hours' available so nothing can be recorded on the cloud DVR?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I just deleted all but 2 of the games.  I also went into the deleted file and permently delted them.  It did not change anything.  No additonal recordings are showing up on the streaming app or on xfinity streaming.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@ericm301 wrote:

I just deleted all but 2 of the games.  I also went into the deleted file and permently delted them.  It did not change anything.  No additonal recordings are showing up on the streaming app or on xfinity streaming.

have you recorded something since then? (test by doing a few hot recordings where you tune to a channel on the X1 set top box and press 'record' button. are they recording on the stream app 'live'? can you play them while in process of being recorded on a smart phone/tablet while connected to your own home wifi?

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

5 years ago

I have a similar issue. There is one specific recording that is not showing up on my Xfinity Stream app, but it shows up on the X1 DVR recordings. The show was recorded on 09/04/19. I only have 5 total recordings, so its definitely not a hour usage issue.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@dat1foru wrote:
I have a similar issue. There is one specific recording that is not showing up on my Xfinity Stream app, but it shows up on the X1 DVR recordings. The show was recorded on 09/04/19. I only have 5 total recordings, so its definitely not a hour usage issue.

was it there on the cloud DVR and is now gone? 

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

5 years ago

The title: Stay or Sell S1EP2 never showed up on the cloud.  It only shows availale on the DVR itself.  Not sure why it wouldn't be a ailable on the cloud? I would like to be able to download this recording...

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@dat1foru wrote:

The title: Stay or Sell S1EP2 never showed up on the cloud.  It only shows availale on the DVR itself.  Not sure why it wouldn't be a ailable on the cloud? I would like to be able to download this recording...

what that recorded last year? there may have been a time since that space was needed on the cloud to keep the last 60 hours or so and it was deleted from the cloud DVR (not home DVR).

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here