U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, May 4th, 2022 9:04 PM

Closed

Xfinity stream app freezes while scrolling through guide for live TV

For the past week, my Xfinity stream app will freeze about every time I try to scroll within the guide for live TV. Problem happens on two different phones, with two different versions of the Xfinity stream app. Any ideas as to how to fix?

Official Employee

• 

618 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @user_ad0e4a. I know how tough it can be to experience  issues with the Stream app. We've got your back!

Issues like this are typically resolved by reinstalling the app and verifying that both the app and your device is up to date with the latest software. 

Let us know if that works for you too! 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityJay​ I have the same problem.  The uninstall/ reinstall didn't work.  

Everything is up to date, the phone and the app.  Something must have changed in the delivery end.  

Other streaming services work fine, i.e. Amazon Prime.  

Problem Solver

• 

729 Messages

@

If you have had a chance to try all the other tips and tricks and documents above, there is also a way to send me a DM with your name and address. Feel free to reach out if you need to! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Nope. None of the quick-and-easy approaches work in this case.  Tech Support is also impossible to work with and of no help. Don't think I will ever get this fixed!

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Hi, @user_ad0e4a

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having the exact same issue. Is there a fix for this yet? It happens on all 4 of my TVs that have Firestick

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_f20410 - Oh no! I never like to learn a customer is experincing issues. Especially when you're trying to enjoy your shows. After uninstalling and reinstalling the app let's try this. If you hadn't already - go ahead and have one of the TV's "forget your network name" so that you're prompted to manually connect to your home network once more. Then please test the app once more and let us know if this helped. Thanks.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_f20410​ I gave some issue with xfinity stream app on samsung s10.  

interesting to note that on my Gmail account I can scroll very quickly down the list, and back up the list of my emails.  However not so much with the xfinity app.  freezes at around ch 66 or 68.. thereabouts.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue here!  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app from my fire stick and it still freezes up on channel 22 in the guide of live channels.  Unable to watch any live TV.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Yep same thing is happening to me but mine won’t let me get passed channel 11 without freezing and then closing itself out. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I’ve rebooted the fire stick. This has been known to happen if I’m scrolling too fast but now idk.. it’s becoming very frustrating and I’m about to cancel everything with xfinity. No reason to pay for a service I can’t even use! 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @eburnsu! Thank you so much for reaching out to us. Appreciate your time and patience! Let's get this figured out. Has this been an ongoing situation? I was curious if other devices in the same room are connecting strong to the internet? It seems like there might be some connectivity hiccup. Being that the Firestick is normally behind the TV and the TV can block wireless signals.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same problem. It’s been over a month. I called your staff said it was my tv and fire stick.  Buck

passed. 

Official Employee

• 

695 Messages

@user_b365a1, I am sorry to hear that, what troubleshooting steps have you done? Just a friendly reminder, if you are ever experiencing issues with your equipment/services, you can troubleshoot your devices by downloading the XFINITY My Account app. You can also manage your account and appointments with the XFINITY My Account app or web link https://comca.st/3HmGHv9. I really love this app, I use it all the time when I have concerns with my services. The other day my services were acting up, once I ran a few troubleshooting steps I got my streaming services working properly before it was a bit sluggish. I highly recommend using this app whenever needed. I love that Comcast does an amazing job of making it easy for you to manage your account and services online. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am also having the same issue. I scroll though any of the live TV guides on my phone and it freezes up at around channel 68. It's been going on for months and has been very frustrating. Uninstalling then reinstalling does absolutely nothing. 

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

Hello, @user_fa8e6b!

Assuming that you are experiencing freezing as the original poster referenced, you may find the below article helpful. https://comca.st/3P8Nonm

If we are using a wireless streaming box, mobile phone, or smart TV, this article on Improving WiFi Network Performance should provide some great solutions. https://comca.st/3OPNYXl 

If neither of these articles clear up the issue, I invite you to please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address, and we will be happy to assist you further.

To send a "Peer to peer" message:

Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_fa8e6b​ having same issue.. freezes at around channel 68 ..  I can go to other channels by .searching.. via the app.

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@abeatccast Hello and thank you for reaching out over our Xfinity Community Forum. I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issue, and I would be more than happy to help! To get started, have you yet tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream App, or "forgetting" your wireless network and reconnecting to it, to see if that has any effect?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I’m having the same issue and nothing seems to help it 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I can’t playback anything on the app as of this morning. I’ve checked for updates, restarted several times, and reinstalled the app. You need to see what’s going on with your app. There are enough complaints to warrant looking at things from your end

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi there @user_d4a56e!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support with Digital Care here on our Community Forum to voice your service concerns.  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to assist in any way that we can with this issue.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we are going to do everything that we can to get things squared away for you.  So that we can get to work on this for you, can you please shoot us a private message with your full name and service address?  That way we can access your account and get a better view of the issue.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://comca.st/3Reu7CL 

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_d4a56e​ I absolutely agree.  too many people with same issue.  I suspect it's a bug introduced by xfinity.  

New Poster

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

My Xfinity Stream app on my Android Mobile Phone sometimes freezes when I scroll thru the Live TV All Channels List.

Xfinity Mobile Service Provider

Motorola moto e6 Mobile Phone with Android 9.0 Operating System

Xfinity Stream App Version 6.17.006

I tried clearing the cookies of the app, clearing the cache of the app, clearing the storage of the app, logging out/in of the app, uninstalling/installing the app.

I talked with Xfinity Mobile Care 1-888-936-4968 Level 1, 2 & 3 and notified them about this problem.

I was able to scroll thru the entire Live TV All Channels List of the My Xfinity Stream app on my Android Mobile Phone a few times each day for the last couple of days by freeing up memory and storage on my device.

Even so, this problem still needs to be looked into by Xfinity Mobile.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

22 Messages

@DonZ1960​ 

I decided to remove the Xfinity Stream app on my Android Mobile Phone as it is unusable for me as it kept on freezing every 15 seconds.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

same issue here.  even sent a tech 2 to my house to review. 

Its in the streaming app he says.  (also said, its a beta version and free anyways, so just get a bedroom cable box).    he didn't offer to pay the $7.50 a month though.

I have had so many calls to customer service  and each time its " let me reset your modem for you".   they just read from a script. and look to close as many customer issues per hour as they can.  must be paid by the call.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_b365a1​ And I had a technician at my house one time who recommended returning cable boxes and using the app instead. It's been in beta forever. Spectrum Cable has an app that I have used elsewhere that actually works. Come on Xfinity/Comcast, fix your app!!!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue?  It is now occurring on the only FireTV we have in our home.  Xfinity Stream Beta app freezes while scrolling through guide for live TV.  I have unplugged TV and de-installed/reinstalled the app etc as all have done before me.  What is Xfinity doing to resolve this issue.  Only choice to move a cable box to this FireTV is not acceptable.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I believe this is a known issue by xfinity.  they likely will not admit they introduced a bug.  too many people with very similar issue.   

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue is everyone else here.  Uninstalled cleared cache etc etc.  It works fine on my Apple products by androide is a joke. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

@Capadost Sorry to hear you are having the same issue even after troubleshooting. I would like to do some account specific troubleshooting. 

Please send a private message by clicking the direct messaging chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue started with my tv today (in Roseville) and my sister's tv too (Modesto area). Scrolling through Guide and it will play only those first 20 or so channels, but then freezes and logs me out if I scroll further down the Guide. Worked perfectly yesterday.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled, turned off firestick and turned it back on, unplugged the firestick and plugged back in. Nothing helped. It has to be a known glitch, as my sister lives about a 100 miles from me and she's having the same problem.  

Official Employee

• 

897 Messages

Hey @user_fbef50,

We would be more than happy to look into the issue further and see what we can do to assist. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@user_fbef50​ Had the same issue driving me crazy! My Fire sticks updated to the latest version of the Xfinity stream app over the weekend. I have not had a problem with scrolling through the channel guide since. It would typically lock up many times a day, appears to be resolved with the app update.  Will post back if any change.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here