richard281's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

Tuesday, September 14th, 2021 12:07 PM

Closed

Streaming on WiFi I'm getting "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch" message and sound issues.

Hi, I was trying to use Xfinity Stream app to watch live TV on my desktop computer. Whenever I click on some channels, I get this "Connect to in-home WiFi to watch" message. I am at home, and connected to my home WiFi and sometimes ethernet. I belive my modem registered since I am renting it from Comcast.

My second problem is when I switch channels I loose sound and I need to close and restart my browser. This also happens when my computer goes into sleep mode and I wake it up.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Good Luck I had the same issue as have lots of other people.  It is clearly a problem with the app but they won't acknowledge it.  They will just blame you then offer to send a tech out for an additional cost to fix it.

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@user_2ad387 Thank you

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

3 years ago

This is really irrating issue, I'll be watching CBS and all sudden it stops and goes into the 'Connect to in-home WiFi to watch'. I am already connected to WiFi with my ethernet cable disconnected from my desktop. I would appreciate any solutions that someone might have.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

They somehow provision your Roku or Firestick in the app and identify what is it's home network.  There is something wrong with this provisioning.  I spent 3 days dealing with them and they finally said must a  problem with your Roku.  I said it is happening on both Roku and Firestick, and the only thing in common is the app.  I finally got tired of dealing with them, knowing it was an issue on their end but the would not do anything about it.  I went out and bought another Roku and Firestick, installed the app which did the provisioning again, and everything worked.  I could not get it to work on a device that they had previously provisioned even with doing a factory reset on the device.  So long story short it is a provisioning issue in the app, they won't acknowledge it.  Hopefully my new devices don't run into the same issue again.

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@user_2ad387 zI'm not using a Roku or Firestick but it sounds like I need to get one vs. trying to stream directly from Windows Destop browser to my 2nd monitor. Thank you for the reply.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sorry, I missed that you were streaming on your PC.  Have you loaded the app and tried it on your phone or tablet?  If the same thing happens have you restarted your cable modem?

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

I haven't tried my tabley yet and the modem was restarted when we lost all Xfinity services on Monday due to Hurricane Larry. Thank you for the follow-up.

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this and hopeful everyone is fine. That is what is most important. Please let us know once you have been able to check on your tablet, we are here 24/7 to help. 😊

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_96838c. We appreciate you making us aware this particular show isn't available. Do you mind sharing what program you're referring to?

Just in case you weren't aware, it's up to the network to decide which episode of each program is available. We don't get to decide.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having the same error message trying to stream Thursday night football. Connected in in-home wifi with owned modem and Google wifi mesh but unable to stream via browser on my PC laptop nor my iPhone's Xfinity stream app. Keeps telling me to connect to in-home wifi which I AM.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.4K Messages

Hello @user_b5593c! I'm glad you chose to reach out to us here for support. I'd love to take a closer look into this issue for you and help get this figured out so you can watch your favorite games. Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist.

To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon on the top right of this page, next to the bell. Make sure to send the message to our singular handle "Xfinity Support" and we will get back to you ASAP.

Contributor

• 

27 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same issues. My iphone streaming says connect to wifi and I already am. But then I check my iphone 12 settings and it says connect to internet. I have rebooted 7 times, every time it drops. I checked all the cables and everything is secure. There is no Ethernet. I have the modem/router all in one box. I live on James Island, in South Carolina. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I live in suburban St. Paul; my phone and I are in the same room as my modem/router, and I keep getting the connect to wifi message, as well.  My phone is connected to my home wifi account. But Xfinity doesn't recognize it on my phone. What do I do?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_9bc52a, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! I apologize you are having issues with your Streaming! We would be happy to help. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to see if you can help with this issue? If so, what troubleshooting steps have your tried?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I’m also having this issue on my laptop and my phone. Shows I literally watched yesterday and now it’s saying “connect to in home Wi-Fi” and I already am connected. I’ve restarted my modem and still having the 

Regular Visitor

• 

16 Messages

@user_1c5f8f​ I ended up buying a ROKU TV which has the Xfinity app the works great.

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

I am sorry to hear you have had troubles watching your shows @user_1c5f8f. I understand how disappointing that can be. Our team would be happy to investigate. I am sure working together we will get to the bottom of this.

Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different) and service address? To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Expert

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

When that happens to me, I turn my tablet's Wi-Fi setting off then back on. I don't why it happens, because I'm still connected to the same connection either way.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am getting this same message this moment while trying to watch the NCAA basketball tournament on my computer in my home office, on my home network.  

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_52a145​ Same thing here.  Its extremely frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I'm truly sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this issue and would love to look into it further. Please send us a direct message to "Xfinity Support" with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message you may need to:
Click "Sign In"
Click the "direct message" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

Hello @user_c96ee4! I can definitely understand how frustrating it is to not be able to watch your shows. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I fixed it by turning my VPN (Virtual Private Network) off.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here