C

Wednesday, November 8th, 2023 9:33 PM

Closed

Streaming DVR Shows on IPad and freezing

Download DVR shows on my iPad and now like %80 will freeze at sometime usually 10-12 mins into an hour program.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

10 months ago

Hey @Curfew, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our Forums. It looks like this thread is for Bravo specifically freezing. You have mentioned it is the majority of your recordings. Is it only happening on the Ipad or do you notice it on other devices as well?

5 Messages

This is happening to me too.  And it is on any channel I make a DVR recording, such as CBS, ABC, etc.  No problem with streaming from apps, just with DVR recordings on my iPad.  And I have no issues watching these recordings on my Android phone or my LG tv.  This just started happening in the last few weeks, I think since the lastest iPad OS update.  I asm on iPadOS 17.1.2.

Official Employee

• 

912 Messages

Hi there @user_6u7fzj ! Have you also updated the XFINITY Stream app recently? If not, I would recommend giving it a shot. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

9 months ago

Just tried this.  Even physically deleted the app and reinstalled it.  Just froze several minutes into a dvr recording.  Can hear the sound, but the picture is frozen.

Official Employee

• 

912 Messages

@user_6u7fzj Thanks for giving it a shot. To confirm, if you try to view the recordings on your box or through a different device or through the web they are OK?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

5 Messages

@XfinityFrank​ yes.  The issue is only on the iPad.  Currently watching the recording that froze on my android phone (galaxy note 20 ultra).

Official Employee

• 

912 Messages

@user_6u7fzj I appreciate the confirmation. So we know the recording itself is fine, and the app is functioning on other devices. I just tried checking one of my own recordings on my iPad 10th Gen with the app updated, and it is fine, so I can confirm the app is functioning normally in general. I think the problem may lie with your device itself given what we know. What is the model of your iPad?

5 Messages

iPad 6th generation.  Like I said earlier, no issues before the latest os update (17.1.2)

5 Messages

And also should mention that some recordings work and some don’t, so prob need to try multiple.  Watched a hallmark movie no problem, but a show on cbs and another on abc did not work on the iPad, but worked on other devices.

1 Message

9 months ago

This has been happening to me too for the last couple of weeks on my iPad mini and iPhone 12 mini  . App and iOS are up to date. The recording is fine on the DVR and it's fine if I cast it to the TV with my Chromecast but it won't play without freezing on my phone or iPad. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you so much for your time and patience, @user_6e3d40 I'm very sorry for the trouble you are having. It's only happening on your iPad mini and iPhone 12 mini and seems to work well when you view a recording on the DVR and also when you cast it to the TV with your Chromecast. You have no issues. It does not appear to be an issue with the app since it's only happening to those 2 devices. Have you reached out to Apple?-Richard

Contributor

• 

147 Messages

6 months ago

Anyone find a fix?  Seems this is happening a lot, ruined our over the country road trip. Disappointing, We pay so much for service with continuous hiccups shortcomings. I do not have cellular on my iPad, so streaming was not an option.

2 Messages

6 months ago

I am having the same issue watching DVR recordings downloaded to my iPad.  Most of the time the picture freezes 5-15 minutes into the program.  Sometimes the audio freezes but the video continues.  A few downloads had the two types of issues, audio freeze and video freeze, alternate every few minutes through the whole program.  Most often, though, the video freezes and never comes back but the audio goes through the end.  I have issues with downloads more than half the time now.  It has been going on a long time. I can watch the recorded programs fine if I do it directly from my DVR or on my iPad from recordings while connected to Wi-Fi.  However, if I want to download programs to watch later on an airplane or at the gym without Wi-Fi, I have this frustrating problem way too often.  

Official Employee

• 

850 Messages

@user_83k8r0 Are you receiving an error code or message when this happens? Is this happening on a specific recording or multiple ones? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here