rwheeler5's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

26 Messages

Fri, Aug 5, 2022 8:36 PM

Streaming app on Apple TV - Smart Resume not working

I have reported this issue before, like when the app was first released.  The smart resume feature on recordings is still not working. This is what i need to know since customers do not have direct access to the developers, 1).  Are the developers aware that the smart resume feature is not working on Apple TV?  2). If they are that’s great news.  Do they know when an update will be released to fix the issue?  If they aren’t aware, can you report the issue to them so they can fix it?  

thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

403 Messages

8 d ago

Hey @rwheeler5, thank you for reaching out again to Xfinity Support on our Forums. We do have working being done on both the Stream app and Smart resume but I do not believe they are linked to what you are experiencing. If you can send us a direct message, I can gather all the details they will need and send it to them. 

rwheeler5

Regular Visitor

• 

26 Messages

@XfinityNicolas​ how do i direct message you?

Official Employee

• 

403 Messages

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
rwheeler5

Regular Visitor

• 

26 Messages

It is not letting me create a new message. I sent you a message under an existing one. 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 d ago

Same problem. Smart resume turned on, but nothing happens when skipping commercial breaks. Also, why is there no “Recent Channels” section on the Home Screen as there is in the iOS app, the Roku app, etc. ?? Needs to be there!

(edited)

XfinityMikeB

Official Employee

• 

719 Messages

Hi @Davidold , what channel and show are you recording when you notice the smart resume isn't working? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here