U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, November 29th, 2022 1:44 AM

Closed

Streaming app audio problem

We have a problem with the audio on the streaming app. Only the Xfinity stream app is having issues on our Roku. Sudden volume changes to extreme highs and lows. There are times video and audio are out of sync as well. The only thing that temporarily fixes it is to back out of the app and then start it up again. This has to be done several times a day. The app is just not sending audio data properly.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting your Xfinity Stream app audio issues. I can see how those ongoing issues would be frustrating while streaming! Are you only having the audio issues with specific channels or with all streams? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​ hello, the audio issues happened on every channel. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

1 year ago

Thank you so much for that information! What is the model of the Roku you are using? Also, have you tried changing the TV input the Roku is plugged into to see if that helps with the audio issues? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​  we have a Roku express 4k+ and a Roku ultra LT. The same issue across devices. Changed ports on TVs and the HDMI cable on one, the issue still occurs. Swapped audio to Bluetooth speakers to see if it was a hardware problem but no better. Only constant is the Xfinity stream app. No other streaming apps present this issue.

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

Do any of your other devices exhibit these same issues with the Stream app, or is it only on the Roku devices?

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

The issues are with the stream app on Roku only.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

Thank you for working with us in the Community Forums to help troubleshoot this concern, @user_beb973. To continue troubleshooting from here, can you please send us a Private Chat Message, so that we can work more directly with your account and see if we need to create a ticket for this sound issue?

Here's the detailed steps to send a Private Chat Message: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Private Chat Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message.

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityCam​ —my Streaming app audio is also out of sync and the video stalls out. Never had a problem until last weekend. I’m streaming from an iPhone with most recent iOS. Could you please help?

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

1 year ago

There are a bunch of us waiting for comcast to roll back the version that occurred on 10/26. That is what is causing the issue.

Current thread:  https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/stream-app-volume-fluctuations-low-to-really-loud/636fbc0192a15b227c296728

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Also having constant problems with the audio via the Roku streaming app. It either cuts out, goes up, goes down randomly across all channels and across multiple Roku devices. I've also had the entire stream (audio & visual) pause. All of these issues are fixed when you exit the app and reboot it, but the problems are nonstop, having to reboot every 30-60 minutes.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

We are having the exact same problem.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Just here to say the same thing. The issue is the xfinity stream app for roku. It appears to be the last update for it. 

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

Thanks for taking the time to let us know you're having the same issue. We'd love to further investigate this issue together. Would you be willing to send us a private message with your full name and address?

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:

Click "Sign in" if necessary

-Click the "Direct Message" icon (square chat icon in the upper right corner of your screen next to the bell icon)

-Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

-Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears, and the "Xfinity Support" graphic will replace the "To:" line

-Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

-Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Where is the fix for this issue. It is a broad problem clearly. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Yep having audio issues on Roku through xfinity app only.frequent Pops, and subtle volume changes. Especially with content with musical scores. Yellow Stone intro shows the issue really pronounced and it is repeatable. It started about the time they moved from Beta. How funny is that. I used the Beta app for years with no issues they then Flip it to an official public release and they start having issues😂🤦‍♂️

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_de226f. Our engineering team is aware and working on a fix. No ETA at this time. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Same volume issue since forced update from Xfinity Beta streaming app

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same issue on Roku through Xfinity Stream app. It is frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_7f3c72 and thread. I am very sorry the audio has been acting up and understand the frustration. I watch TV when going to sleep and fluctuations in the audio at that time or others are annoying. I am showing that our Engineers are aware of this problem and working to resolve it. We don't have an estimated time of when that will be done but will update the thread when it is done. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime. 

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

Hello @user_7f3c72 I am checking in to see if you are still experiencing the same issue with audio on Roku. If so, can you please send us a DM?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue for me.  3810X - Roku Steaming Stick+.  The Beta Stream app did not have this problem but Version 6.9.0 does.  The audio decoder has issues as described above.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue here. Only experiencing it on Roku. It doesn’t happen on any other device, and other apps on the same Roku do not have this issue. 

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

@thegoz85 Thank you for bringing your concern regarding the Xfinity Stream App and audio issues on Roku to our attention. As mentioned previously in this thread by our other team members, our engineering team has marked this as a known issue and are in the process of working on a fix as soon as they are able!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same audio issue using Roku with Xfinity Stream app. When will it be fixed.

Contributor

• 

176 Messages

1 year ago

Engineering is working on Version 6.10 which should correct the audio issue among some other now known glitches:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/stream-app-volume-fluctuations-low-to-really-loud/636fbc0192a15b227c296728

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same here- same frustrating issue with volume while streaming with Roku.  Beta version didn’t have this very basic issue.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I am having the same issue!! At first I thought it was just me. It’s very frustrating to have the volume go up and down like this.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

I can definitely understand the concern with the Stream app. I see that our engineers are aware of the issue and working towards a resolution.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I have this same problem.

I can’t get anything done at Comcast

about the problem.

HELP!!’

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here