dansgen1alero's profile

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2024 8:03 PM

Stream App volume fluctuations (low to really loud)

Xfinity reps seemed to have closed this however nothing was ever resolved and has now only gotten worse:

original post from 11/12/2022 ALMOST 2 YEARS AGO NOW

"For the past maybe month or so there has been some very annoying and concerning volume fluctuations watching the stream app through Roku. (multiple tvs, multiple channels). It corrects itself when I hop out and go back in however late at night when I am sleeping and the volume skyrockets it wakes me up and in some instances starts to crackle my speakers being so loud. Other times it reduces to so low that it can't be heard. 

I have rebooted devices, reinstalled the app, checked app and Roku for updates. All that seems to be on the up and up. This is not at commercial breaks as used to be with comcast in general, but during shows, and even the music channels.  This is very annoying and now looking at sound bars with the capability to balance those fluctuations (ie DRC) if it is even possible.  Any help is most appreciated. "

Original thread:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/xfinity-stream-app/stream-app-volume-fluctuations-low-to-really-loud/636fbc0192a15b227c296728?page=1

Official Employee

• 

528 Messages

4 months ago

Good afternoon @dansgen1alero. We do not have any new updates to share at this time. The issues with the sound are still being investigated and worked on. We apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you. We've requested updates and will share them here once we receive them. 

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

@XfinityRaf​ That is unacceptable. I have requested numerous times to get the exact status and where in the process the development or engineering department is and the only thing I get is, we do not have an update. So for 19 months, all you can get is "there is no update" No I am sick of that response and demand a much better response. In 19 months there could have been another 4 version releases to update the app but nothing at all. This is a national issue. DO BETTER

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

2 months ago

This is a continuing problem with Xfinity. Why can't Xfinity fix it? It is happening hourly today and is a real pain in the you know what! I have tried everything that Xfinity suggests and then they blame Roku. Roku says it's not on their end and I believe them. Come on Xfinity!!!

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

There were no volume issues when the Xfinity app was in BETA version. Why don't they just go back to that code or see what the differences are. How hard can this be?????

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

@user_645111​ I just keep calling and getting credits. That will be the only way to get them to listen when they lose a lot of money. I have yet another ticket opened up. Roku continues to take the stance of it being an xfinity issue since the xfinity stream app is the only app/channel with the issue. Roku does not create or maintain the apps, they are just a conduit per se' 

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

2 months ago

I just reached out for yet another update...... another month to add to this 22 month long xfinity issue. 

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

2 months ago

Just requested another update before I call in to get my next $50 credit. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

@dansgen1alero​ how do you get a credit? I’ve asked before and I get nothing.

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

@user_645111​ have to call in, they wont give them in chat anymore.  

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

I’ll try that again.

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

1 month ago

Well they are asking for time stamps, channels, and networks of when it happens. After 2 years this is a first. Maybe they are finally going to look into it and provide actual updates to a new version. 

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

I was keeping track in 2023 but I stopped in May of this year when I was getting no where with them. I guess I’ll start tracking again. Is there someone to send the information to?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hey there user_645111, I love the Stream app and use it a ton on my devices, so I get where you're coming from. I'd love to help look into this more with you. Can you please provide some background details regarding the volume issue you're seeing? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here