rickcitgo's profile

Contributor

• 

123 Messages

Tuesday, January 4th, 2022 7:01 PM

Closed

Stream app on Samsung tablet

Has Xfinity come up with a fix for the stream app that stopped working on Samsung tablets last month?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

@rickcitgo. Thanks for reaching out about the stream app. There are no known issues for Samsung tablets and the best course of action is to put in a ticket. The more tickets we get the more attention the issue gets. What model tablets do you have and what version of android do they have? Can you also tell me the stream app version? 

Contributor

• 

123 Messages

@XfinityEthan 

I have a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 2014 sm p 600  running Android 5.1.1

Stream app version 6.11.0.013

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Do you get an error code or does it just hang and have a spinning wheel or anything like that?

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

123 Messages

It just hangs and eventually give a message to wait or close. I never had a problem until around the 10th of last month like everyone else here. Did they change the minimum Android version for the app? Used to be 5 or higher

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

My reference states it is still Android 5 with stream app 6.9.0 or later. I can try one step to see if it helps, but it sounds like a app with device conflict on certain models. I will deprovision the devices which gives them a fresh start with the app. Did an agent already do anything like that? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

123 Messages

No they didn't. I won't be able to work with the tablet until this weekend though

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I have similar issues, where both Peacock and Stream fail to load or just hangs.  Are there issues with either the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 or S3 tablets.  This started happening with the Vs. 8 router, Vs. 7 had no issues.  Thanks, Sean

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am having the same issues as well. I can use xfinity stream on my phone and tv at home but when i try to use it on my Samsung pro tablet it will not load.  Been like this since last month as well. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_567362 thanks for sharing that the issue is ongoing. To help get this over to our repair team can you tell me if the tablet or app have been updated since the issue started? Are you able to uninstall and reinstall the app, or have you tested that already? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Has this been resolved? I am having the same problem. A trouble ticket is pending. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just found this forum and am experiencing the same issues! My Samsung wanted to update my tablet; I did, and now I can't stream. It just hangs. What do we do and how do I file a trouble ticket? Thanks for any help this group can provide.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello u/user_c40839 and thank you for your comment. Have you tried to do any troubleshooting such as see if our app needed an update too? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Same issue here. I have the S8 Ultra. I'm starting to regret getting rid of my iPad Pro.  Not a good look Samsung.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@george_h2. You have the brand new Tab S8 Ultra? I have a S8 plus and the stream app works great. This is something we need to work on with you and possibly out in a ticket. Let me know when you have time.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here