Leesataxprep's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, November 25th, 2020 4:00 PM

Closed

Picture freezes and audio continues on Stream App

While watching recorded shows on my iPad, the picture freezes and the audio continues. It’s happening to my roommate on her device also so it’s not my iPad. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no resolution.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

ME TOO!  Waiting to hear of a resolution!

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Mine too. It's getting impossible to watch. Happens on my phone and iPad however not on my MacBook 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@Leesataxprep wrote:
While watching recorded shows on my iPad, the picture freezes and the audio continues. It’s happening to my roommate on her device also so it’s not my iPad. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no resolution.

if video 'freezes' or goes black while audio continues that is an HDCP error condition (it shuts off video due to detected security issue). you can recycle the set top box power or unplug/re-plug in the HDMI connector.

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Did you actually read my push or was that a copy and paste answer use like to use? As mentioned in my question. Happening on two Apple devices only. TV and eve fine.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@Chat22 wrote:
Did you actually read my push or was that a copy and paste answer use like to use? As mentioned in my question. Happening on two Apple devices only. TV and eve fine.

no it was typed. your question fit that - missed the ipad mention. close the app on the ipad, do a complete shutdown of the ipad and restart after 2-3 minutes. app working?

Regular Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

It was an iOS update issue.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

No. That does not fix the problem. I already tried that.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Are they going to fix the update? If so, when??

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

SAME HERE!  i've tried:

uninstaling and reinstalling the app

total shut down of my ipad

logging out and back in

same thing...

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem with Roku 3 and Roku Streaming Stick+ on different TVs. Don' t have the problem on my Window 10 Pro PC.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hey there, @grock88, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your Xfinity Stream app! We would be happy to help with troubleshooting your Roku. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps mentioned on the thread such as a restart or logging out of your account and then back in to see if that helps with your connection?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I've started to have the same problem with my Fire Stick. I've deleted the Xfinity Stream App and re-installed with no luck. Rebooted the Fire Stick multiple times with no luck. My internet signal per the Fire Stick is Very Good. Is it time to go back to DirectTV?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have had this problem since I started using the service (Feb 2021).  I have called, chatted, and even had a tech come out.  All 4 TVs in my home are Amazon Fire, and 1 is ethernet wired to the XB7-T.  The other 3 are FireSticks that are near hardwired Google WiFi pucks.  All 4 experience picture freezing while audio continues.  You have to push pause and then play quickly for the picture to begin again.  I need a resolution to this and XFINTY has not provided one.  If Amazon devices are advertised as compatible devices (which is why I switched from DirecTV), then it needs to be functional.  On my last call, I told the agent that I will take wireless boxes to solve the problem but I refuse to pay a fee for them.  The agent wanted $7.50 per month each and said no way around paying a fee.  Get out of here with that.  You advertised a service, I switched, and you are not providing the promised service.  This is beyond frustrating.  Multiple calls, multiple chats, and a service visit.  No other applications on any of my devices have this issue (Disney+, WWE, Peacock, Hulu, etc.) since I switched to XFINITY.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @zeblentz1959! We would surely miss your business. I am sorry to learn that you are experiencing the same problem with the Firestick. I love using the XFINITY Stream app on my Firestick to so I understand the inconvenience that this can cause. We can help. To further assist, please send us a private message with your name and address so we can take a look at what’s going on by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have had this problem since I started using the service (Feb 2021).  I have called, chatted, and even had a tech come out.  All 4 TVs in my home are Amazon Fire, and 1 is ethernet wired to the XB7-T.  The other 3 are FireSticks that are near hardwired Google WiFi pucks.  All 4 experience picture freezing while audio continues.  You have to push pause and then play quickly for the picture to begin again.  I need a resolution to this and XFINTY has not provided one.  If Amazon devices are advertised as compatible devices (which is why I switched from DirecTV), then it needs to be functional.  On my last call, I told the agent that I will take wireless boxes to solve the problem but I refuse to pay a fee for them.  The agent wanted $7.50 per month each and said no way around paying a fee.  Get out of here with that.  You advertised a service, I switched, and you are not providing the promised service.  This is beyond frustrating.  Multiple calls, multiple chats, and a service visit.  No other applications on any of my devices have this issue (Disney+, WWE, Peacock, Hulu, etc.) since I switched to XFINITY.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hey there @gibson96lp! I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your connection. We want you to be able to enjoy your services as they are intended and know this must be frustrating for you. 

So we can assist you, please send us a private chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon at the top right of the page. Thank you so much!

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Same situation here while using an Insignia Fire Tv or a fire stick.  Roku seems to avoid it more often but it still happens.  All in all, unacceptable how prevalent it seems to be when I'm shelling out 260 dollars a month and I'm not sure why

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have found a 30sec rewind, wait 2-3 secs, then 30sec fast fwd gets the picture to continue (Fire TV). Only a quick fix tho, picture will freeze again sooner or later.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same problem here with insignia fire tv that I bought because it advertised compatibility with xfinity app.  The freeze is annoying.  Do I also have to wait for DM, or is somebody actually going to publish a solution?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_34bbdf! Thanks for reaching out to XFINITY for help with the XFINITY Stream app concern. We can certainly help by pulling up the account to make sure all of your internet service levels are working correctly. After doing all the troubleshooting steps, if you are still experiencing the same issue, we will open a request to have our next level engineers work with us on getting this freezing issue resolved as quickly as possible To pull up the account, please send us a private message by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message. Another option to try is to also confirm that your connected to your personal XFINITY network (not an XFINITY WiFi hotspot or or xfinitywifi) by going to “Settings > Network”. Would you mind confirming this and letting me know if you continue to experience the same issue?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Anybody get a LEGIT fix/answer to this??
I have a Fire TV and most days there is picture freeze (audio still is going) sometime it rectifies itself, most of the time it will end up stalling completely and it ends up turning off the tv because the stream ended . Very Rarely can i get thru a night where there is no problems.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Seriously is there any fixes??  I have the same problems mentioned above. And I know my Wi-Fi is more than ample enough to stream. Like others mentioned no other apps have this problem. Plus it's been the Xfinity stream beta app for a while now. When do we get the production version?  I too am at the point where it is almost too difficult to continue watching.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_7c0f9c. Thanks for reaching out about your Xfinity Stream issue. We are happy to help troubleshoot and work on a solution.

To send a Private Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a live chat. You have to be signed in with your Xfinity credentials to see the chat icon.  If you ever have issues it is better to create your own post for help which generates a ticket. Posting on an old thread might delay getting help. Thanks!

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having the exact same issues as everyone here has mentioned.  It’s really frustrating when either the picture freezes or the picture quality is very poor.  No other application has this problem.  Please help!

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here