U

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

Tuesday, June 4th, 2024 1:43 PM

Paramount + Buffering/Freezing Unwatchable on TV with Cable Box

We are experiencing the same issues as other users in different posts with buffering/lagging/freezing when trying to watch P+ on the TV with a direct cable box input.  I've commented there, but no response.  Paramount+ always buffered the program at the start, but then you could watch it without interruption for the most part.  Not ideal for what you pay, but at least you could use the App. Beginning last week, the freezing occurs all throughout the program, making it unwatchable.  We've tried all the solutions, resetting the cable box, refreshing the signal and clearing the cache.  Those steps do not fix the problem.  I see in a different post that Comcast knows this is an issue.  The recommendation was to use a different device until it's fixed? That is an unacceptable response.  We are paying for the service and cannot use it.  There is also no update or timeline for a fix, so we don't even know if that statement is accurate.  Other streaming apps work fine, i.e. Netflix, MAX and Peacock.  We'd like a definitive answer on the issue, please. Is Xfinity not able to support Paramount Plus via the cable box?  Perhaps other service providers are better equipped to handle this particular streaming app.  

Official Employee

• 

355 Messages

26 days ago

@user_394d70 We completely understand how frustrating it can be when you have to pivot to another device to watch all of the content you subscribe to. The issue lies within the amount of memory required to run the Paramount+ app according to the ticket. The only workaround is to use another device that supports their app. 

3 Messages

Outrageous. Stop carrying P + and stop charging us

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey @user_4tldoq,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. If you currently subscribe through the streaming service Paramount+, you can manage your subscription by visiting our 'Manage your Paramount+ subscription on Xfinity' support page. This would be for the streaming service only. We currently do not support Paramount+ with Showtime on the streaming application, as that is a channel and OnDemand service only. 

The streaming service for Paramount+ is available on a wide variety of different devices such as smart TVs, mobile devices, tablets, computers, and more.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

26 days ago

To be clear,  Comcast is not fixing this issue? We will be unable to watch Paramount +on our TV? That is a ludicrous response when you are offering the service. What family sits around their computer together to watch TV.  Am I hearing you'd rather us pursue another service provider?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am experiencing the same frustrating problem. I subscribed to Paramount + on my Xfinity account, to watch seasons 3 and 4 of Evil. There was no problem watching first two seasons on Netflix. Now it’s impossible to watch more than 3 consecutive minutes of the show without it freezing. Evidently this is a common complaint. Why has no substantive solution been posted by Paramount + and/or Xfinity. Unfortunately we’re being taken for granted. Subscribers payments allow Paramount + and Xfinity to prosper. We deserve an immediate and concrete solution to this infuriating problem!!!!!

1 Message

I too have been trying to watch Evil and the constant buffering is giving me a headache. This is absolutely ridiculous!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_kb5hpl Thanks for posting on our community forums. Is this happening on all of your devices or just one? 
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

26 days ago

Additionally, this issue peaked last week. Prior to that the programs were not freezing throughout once they loaded.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_394d70 thanks for your feedback. To be clear the issue is with Paramount+ which we do not own so we would not be able to fix something that is not ours. We would be sad to see you leave over something we do not have control over, but if you do desire to close your account our team can provide you with help doing so. 

3 Messages

@XfinityPeterH​ Sir the issue lies in fact that the very first Xfinity employee that responded said it is the amount of memory needed to run the app that is causing the issue. Who’s problem is that then if it’s not yours?  We don’t provide the memory and I assume Paramount is not providing the memory to run their service Through the app you provided us. We should not have to watch it on a computer or Cell phone, or connect our laptops to the TV. What all of us want to know is if you’re doing anything to correct the issue with the amount of memory that is needed. Whether it be working with Paramount to reduce the amount of memory needed, or Xfinity increasing the amount of memory it has. Your communications company and clearly are in the IT business, it shouldn’t be difficult to find a solution for your customers.

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

26 days ago

It's very disappointing that Xfinity is not working with Paramount + to try and resolve the issue. Customer retention doesn't seem to be a priority for Xfinity. I'll refer this matter to others within the organization. 

3 Messages

12 days ago

Not that we should have to find a work around to this problem but I have found an additional way to watch Paramount+ I believe.  I am honestly not sure if it will work for everyone but it did for us.  We actually have our P+ through Paramount directly, we do not pay for it through Xfinity. Because of this we were able to bypass using the P+ app through Xfinity and were able to go through the app on our smart TV instead. I’m not sure if it gives the option on all smart TVs to sign in using your cable provider. 

As I said before, this is the work around I found for my situation, not sure if it will work for others. 

1 Message

This worked for me. same gateway, same network...removing the Xfinity box from the process was the solution. so it seems it is, in fact, a problem with the Xfinity box. ridiculous. 

3 Messages

@user_wl33gg​ thanks for the tip. Works for me

1 Message

11 days ago

I'm having very bad buffering issues on Paramount+.

I just signed up for P+ on Xfinity.

Anyon have a fix yet?

3 Messages

@user_ccfmyw​ The only thing I can suggest is my above possible workaround of going through your smart TV and signing in through your provider. I’m not sure if it’ll work or not. Since provider in my opinion is the issue

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_ccfmyw! For troubleshooting purposes, could you please clear the locally stored data from your X1 cable box following the steps in this link?

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

11 days ago

Absolutely agree with everything you state. 

Contributor

• 

116 Messages

10 days ago

I've commented in a similar post that I'm also having problems with Paramount+.  I'm accessing it from the cable box (X1 DVR and satellite), not from the Stream app.  From the main X1 box, everything works fine.  But from the satellite box, P+ is very, very slow, and stops playing and reloads often.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

eastmoreland Thanks for posting on our community forums. Would you mind clarifying what you mean by satellite box? What brand or model is it? 

Contributor

• 

116 Messages

It's the small Xfinity box that goes with the X1 DVR to allow me to watch content in another room.  It's labeled XiD-C.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for that clarification. Have you had a chance to reset that cable box recently? If not, here are the instructions to do so. Sometimes resetting the equipment (even your gateway) gives a fresh new attitude.

To reset an XiD-C, follow these steps:

1. Unplug the power to all Xi3/XiDs and the XG1/XG2.

2. Plug in the power to the XG1/XG2 and wait for live TV to appear.

3. Plug in the power to the XiD-C and wait for three minutes or until live TV appears.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 days ago

I was able to watch Paramount Plus mostly fine until recently. However, it is now by far the worst of my streaming options. Everything I watch goes through the same connections. Only Paramount Plus has these issues.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello, @OceanOgre4 

Have you tried the steps outlined in this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-clear-cookies-and-local-data-storage? 

Contributor

• 

18 Messages

@OceanOgre4​ I agree.  It wasn't the best, but once it buffered to start, it went pretty much ok.  This started about 3 weeks ago where most programming is plain unwatchable.  We also have a case in with P+.  Still not sure who's issue it is yet but would like to see both Paramount and Xfinity work together.  All those steps Xfinity recommends do not work.

1 Message

7 days ago

I'm experiencing the same problem on my xfinity cable box as well -- long pauses due to inadequate buffering, episodes being skipped over, etc. I don't have this issue when I watch on my laptop or iPad -- just the cable box. I DON'T have this issue with Apple+ or Netflix.

I've reset my cable box to no avail. Makes me want to cancel my Paramount+ account.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

@Robb0618 We completely understand how frustrating it can be when you have to pivot to another device to watch all of the content you subscribe to. The issue lies within the amount of memory required to run the Paramount+ app according to the know issue ticket. The only workaround is to use another device that supports their app. 

1 Message

5 days ago

We have had this same issue for nearly 2 years. I now only use it on our tablets because of the buffering. Only through our xfinity box do we have endless issues with the streaming.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there, @user_Bltr05! <Edited to correct username> Thanks for letting us know that you are experiencing buffering with the apps on the TV box. We are happy to help so you can watch on more than just your tablets. The Xfinity app is a great resource for troubleshooting as well! It will walk you through troubleshooting steps and can send signals to your equipment. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far such as a System Refresh or replacing the TV box? 

(edited)

4 days ago

Paramount plus, Netflix, Prime, and Peacock all run effortlessly on my little Roku stick.  And all stream quickly on my Xfinity box with the exception of Paramount+.  Paramount + did work well November 2023.  I'll just have to put my little stick in HDMI2.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here