L

Monday, March 11th, 2024 9:57 PM

Closed

On demand locking up after commericials

Does anyone have a fix for ON Demand particularly HGTV freezing up after commericials. I have to advance it myself. I have tried support for over one year. Resetting everything works for 10 minutes. Every now and then out of no where it works, then locks up again. I watch mostly on demand. THIS NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

6 months ago

HI @LSI1 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We are happy to assist you. Does this happen just on HGTV? 

3 Messages

6 months ago

It happens with most on demand shows. I watch HGTV the most. I have had techs out here and changed modems. When the signal is refreshed it may or may not work for one show, then its back to locking up.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

6 months ago

Gotcha and thank you for the response. Let us have you send us a DM with your full name and service address so we can jump right into this. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

3 Messages

6 months ago

I have had service check this out over and over for months and months. It worked once late at night last night. Service has tried and tried and tried. Its your system or the app or the app strenght.  I have no idea but I have done every single trouble shooting option over and over and over.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

My service will do the same thing while watching any channel while using the on demand service. I have tried everything including master reboot many times. It use to work perfect and they keep trying to tell you it's not on their end but it's not on mine. They need to fix this issue. So many other users have the same trouble so how can it be on my side 

Official Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

@49f1 I can understand the frustration and would be happy to look into this further for you. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here