F

Thursday, August 1st, 2024 2:50 AM

Notification Bar Doesn't Stay Gone in portrait viewing (Pixel 8 Pro Android)

Pixel 8 pro (multiple recent version of android)

When using the stream app in the portrait position the status bar attempts to fade away while streaming but as soon as it fades away it reappears.  This problem has been going on for at least a year or more across multiple versions of Android on Pixel and versions of Xfinity Stream.

The status bar properly disappears in landscape mode.

Also a separate issue, Xfinity Stream App crashes often upon launch. A force quit and relaunch of the app is required and usually corrects the problem.  Sometimes multiple force closes and relaunches are required until the crashes stop. Either clearing all the data from the app or reinstalling the app does not solve the problem. It does not crash on every launch. I use the Stream app often throughout the day.  I will experience several crashes a day.  Less than 1/4 of the uses of the app per day results in a crash at launch.

9 Messages

2 months ago

Also, the crashes are a newer problem.  Probably started within the last year. Used to never happen under the same usage.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thanks for reaching out, Fijay5050! Thanks for brining this to our attention. Have you noticed this not happening with certain content or does this happen no matter what you watch?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

9 Messages

It doesn't matter what the content is. As long as it's in portrait mode, the status bar will attempt to fade but will always reappear immediately and that cycle continues during viewing the entire time.

9 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ bumping this since I didn't tag you in my last reply.  The brand new Pixel 9 coming out soon would probably love for you to fix this one day =D

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there @Fijay5050. Thank you so much for getting back to us. For the Xfinity stream App, have you tried to uninstall the app and install it again? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

9 Messages

Yes.

There's lots of ways to attempt to troubleshoot. A reinstall, restart of the phone, clearing, cache and data, none of that works to alleviate the problem of the reappearing status bar during full screen .

Also, this has been happening for a very long time. I just finally decided to mention it since I realized nobody else has.

What I mean is there have been plenty of updates to the app which have required a reinstall with no change in functionality to this bug .

@XfinityRoberto 

9 Messages

24 days ago

@XfinityAntoine @XfinityRoberto 

Just bought the brand new Pixel 9 Pro XL and I can confirm:

Multiple crashes periodically on app launch that require a force quit and restart of the app. Keep in mind the phone is brand new and all of the apps are brand new. I experienced a crash within 2 or 3 uses of the Stream app.

The taskbar has the same behavior of attempting to disappear and then instantly reappearing and repeating this process over and over while viewing any channel in portrait mode.

P.s.

Haven't heard from anybody in over a week.

Official Employee

• 

724 Messages

Fijay5050 Hello, I am very sorry you are having issues while streaming on your Pixel 9. I am happy to be of assistance. I had a similar issue once with a different application. I uninstalled and reinstalled the application which I guess pushed through an update that fixed my issue. Are you still having issues using the Stream Application on your phone? 

9 Messages

@XfinityVictor​ 

Hi,

I appreciate your suggestion that the app is working fine but perhaps needs a re-install.  I can safely say this is not the case here.  On a pixel 8 pro the same issue was happening no matter how many time I re-installed the app, wiped its settings and cache, etc.

Also in my previous reply I indicated that I have the brand new Pixel 9 PRO XL now, meaning I powered the phone for the first time and installed the Xfinity app for the first time and experienced crashes within a few uses.

It seems to me there is clearly a bug or other problem with the app itself since no amount of re-installs fixes the problem.  I'm open to suggestions to attempt a fix but what I'm really looking for is someone to confirm they have submitted this issue as a possible bug to be explored and one day fixed.

The same thing happening across multiple android phones doesn't seem to be something that can be fixed by a fresh install.

Also, the issue with the status bar not disappearing properly is also pretty obviously a bug that I would like to see submitted for investigation.

The pixel 9, a brand new phone, is probably exhibiting these behaviors across a large number of devices.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thank you for that clarification @Fijay5050.  Can you tell us if you have been able to reach out to the device manufacturer for further assistance?

9 Messages

@XfinityArmand​ Hi,

Are you suggesting that I should reach out to Google for problems with the Xfinity App crashing on completely different devices using Android OS? 

Are you also suggesting that nothing is wrong with app or that there is no possibility that the app might have a bug / need a fix or update?

Last question.  Has anyone assisting me here been able to reach out to the Xfinity Stream App developers to report my issue for further investigation into the problem / further assistance on my behalf?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there, @Fijay5050 Thank you so much for your time and patience. I understand how frustrating this experience with the APP is causing you. Since it's been a few days since you posted, are you still experiencing the same issues with the APP and the issue you are having with the Xfinity Stream APP.-Richard

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here