cob816's profile

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, November 23rd, 2021 9:34 PM

Closed

Missing OnDemand Purchases

I was told by an xfinity cable rep to download the xfinity streaming app in order to see the movies I purchased that were deleted from my cable box when I moved back in June. I am having [EDIT: Language] own time trying to do this. there must be an easier way to get the movies I paid for sent to my cable dvr box. After all, I didn't delete it, xfinity did.

This post was created from this comment on different post

Accepted Solution

Administrator

• 

656 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks again for taking the time to work with us tonight. =] I'm glad we were able to locate your movies and transfer them over. In the future, if you or any other customer who stumbles across the same issue in the future, runs into this where your movies didn't transfer over automatically during the move, we can transfer the assets manually for you. All we'd need is the address moved from to the address moved to, and then it's a hit of a button.

As for recordings, they operate a little differently--when you move, you may be able to take your DVR recordings with you depending on your equipment and new address.

Transferring Your DVR Recordings

Non-X1 DVR TV Box
If you don't have Xfinity X1 and plan to take your TV Box with you when you move, your DVR recordings will be saved and you can view them at your new address. If you get a new non-X1 DVR TV Box, you will not have access to your old recordings and you will have to reset recordings for future programs on your new TV Box.

X1 DVR and X1 Cloud DVR TV Boxes

The recordings that are physically stored on your X1 DVR TV Box will be transferred during your move when keeping the same equipment. However, if you switch out your equipment when moving, you’ll lose all of those recordings that are physically stored on your X1 DVR TV box. Whether your Cloud recordings get transferred depends on the location to which you’re moving and if you keep your same equipment.

The X1 Cloud DVR allows you to access your DVR recordings from mobile devices and computers while connected to any WiFi or mobile network via the Xfinity Stream app or portal. You can also download completed recordings to a mobile device to watch offline when WiFi or mobile networks are not available. See our frequently asked questions about X1 Cloud DVR.

How do I know if I have an X1 Cloud DVR?
To see if you have X1 Cloud DVR, log into the Xfinity Stream app or Xfinity Stream portal. If you can see the Recordings or Scheduled tabs as an option, then you have X1 Cloud DVR. The X1 Cloud DVR makes it easier to keep your recordings because they aren’t dependent on the equipment.

Thread is now being closed. OP contacted Xfinity Support to have movies transferred over.

This comment was created from this reply

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

3 years ago

@cob816

Hello! Thank you for bringing this to our attention! If you paid your hard earned money for a show, you should absolutely have access to those, even if you move or discontinue services. The movies and OnDemand content that is purchased should automatically restore to the new cable box when a transfer is completed and linked. If for any reason that does not happen, we can manually download that back to your new account so you can watch it on the new X-1 cable box. Often, this concern may happen if the transfer was not linked. You can watch them here as well https://comca.st/3FIP6ak but we want you to have all options to watch your content.

For this, we will need to manually access your account and move them over for you. Can you send us a direct message with the instructions below, so that we can keep your account details private, please?

Here's the detailed steps to Direct Message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I have followed the directions above and sent a message. Hope to hear from someone soon.

Administrator

• 

656 Messages

Thanks again for taking the time to work with us tonight. =] I'm glad we were able to locate your movies and transfer them over. In the future, if you or any other customer who stumbles across the same issue in the future, runs into this where your movies didn't transfer over automatically during the move, we can transfer the assets manually for you. All we'd need is the address moved from to the address moved to, and then it's a hit of a button.

As for recordings, they operate a little differently--when you move, you may be able to take your DVR recordings with you depending on your equipment and new address.

Transferring Your DVR Recordings

Non-X1 DVR TV Box
If you don't have Xfinity X1 and plan to take your TV Box with you when you move, your DVR recordings will be saved and you can view them at your new address. If you get a new non-X1 DVR TV Box, you will not have access to your old recordings and you will have to reset recordings for future programs on your new TV Box.

X1 DVR and X1 Cloud DVR TV Boxes

The recordings that are physically stored on your X1 DVR TV Box will be transferred during your move when keeping the same equipment. However, if you switch out your equipment when moving, you’ll lose all of those recordings that are physically stored on your X1 DVR TV box. Whether your Cloud recordings get transferred depends on the location to which you’re moving and if you keep your same equipment.

The X1 Cloud DVR allows you to access your DVR recordings from mobile devices and computers while connected to any WiFi or mobile network via the Xfinity Stream app or portal. You can also download completed recordings to a mobile device to watch offline when WiFi or mobile networks are not available. See our frequently asked questions about X1 Cloud DVR.

How do I know if I have an X1 Cloud DVR?
To see if you have X1 Cloud DVR, log into the Xfinity Stream app or Xfinity Stream portal. If you can see the Recordings or Scheduled tabs as an option, then you have X1 Cloud DVR. The X1 Cloud DVR makes it easier to keep your recordings because they aren’t dependent on the equipment.

Thread is now being closed. OP contacted Xfinity Support to have movies transferred over.

This reply has been converted into a comment
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here