PharmGut's profile

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Sunday, September 10th, 2023 6:50 PM

Closed

Getting TVAPP-00249 error code

Getting TVAPP-00249 error code when trying to open Xfinity Stream App on both my WI-FI TV and mobile I-phone at my home.  Hard wire cable TV is fine for cable channels.  Please help

1 Message

1 year ago

We have the same issue. Xfinity app totally sucks. Time to cancel and use YouTube.

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Now more than 1- hour later, and the issue has been resolved.  My Xfinity Stream App is now working on my Wi-Fi TV and mobile iPhone.  Thanks Comcast

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

Hello, @PharmGut. Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums. We’re aware of an issue affecting some customers’ Xfinity Stream service, and we have had users reporting the issue has been resolved as they can now access Xfinity Stream. I see you're reporting you can access it now as well, we appreciate you taking the time to follow up on your post. If you are still needing assistance with anything please let me know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hey @user_aaa118. Wanted to check in with you, and confirm the service did come back the same day. We did know of the problem, and fixed it the same day. Just wanted to make sure you are able to stream again. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

Today I started  getting the same code TVAPP-00249 on all my tvs.  But it seems to be only on the major networks.  Chat with Xfinity isn't getting me anywhere. Very frustrating!

3 Messages

11 months ago

10/20/2023

i am getting the TVAPP-00249 error code for the past 2 hours.  HELP

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

Finally solved the problem.  From the Xfinity Streaming App menu on the left of the screen, go into SETTINGS.  Then scroll down to ABOUT.  Then scroll down to CLEAR SETTINGS.  You will have to sign back into the Xfinity App afterwards.

3 Messages

Thank you for the reply!  
‘On my apple phone, I open the Xfinity Stream app, on the upper left side , I have what I call the profile. It’s a circle with a person in side.  I click on that I do not see anything with settings or about.  Not sure if I’m doing something wrong. Can you give me screed shot. 

3 Messages

@PSUMike82​ Thank you for the reply!  
‘On my apple phone, I open the Xfinity Stream app, on the upper left side , I have what I call the profile. It’s a circle with a person in side.  I click on that I do not see anything with settings or about.  Not sure if I’m doing something wrong. Can you give me screed shot. 

1 Message

@PSUMike82​ thanks.  this solved the problem for the non hd channel. i am trying to get HD MLB network.  it used to be 859 now it is gone from there.  i cna only get it on 280 a non hd channel.  

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

Thanks for reaching out about HD MLB, @user_vdp66a. I show that the channel is unavailable to stream but can be watched on a cable box. I understand this may be disappointing. This type of decision is made by the Network. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I am unable to stream on XFinity Streaming  App and getting err  TVApp-00249. Need help as this is two days in a row with no streaming.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for taking the time to reach out and being part of the Xfinity family, valhunter111. I'd be more than happy to help you with your TV app issue. What do you try to do right before this error shows up?

1 Message

9 months ago

This happens to me constantly 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_1uy7q4 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We are happy to assist you if you are seeing an issue with the app. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I get this if i stop using app for a short time then cannot get back in.  I have cleared all cache etc.  no luck

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

trying to watch cnn and cant, but i can watch msnbc?  what is up with that.  Xfinity app sucks

1 Message

6 months ago

Im getting this error now. How do i fix it

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_39xp1y We recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if the error still appears. If the error continues to prevent you from using the app after trying that, please let us know.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here