U

Friday, August 25th, 2023 6:56 PM

Closed

Free peacock premium reward not working

I’m a platinum member and have been unable to get my free peacock premium reward. My rewards page says it has been claimed. When I clicked the link in xfinity assistant it took me to peacock. I signed in and all seemed good. But when I closed the app and tried to open it again it said I do not have a current subscription. It gives me two paid options to choose. Peacock says it’s an Xfinity issue and I do not have a current subscription. I have been in contact with a live agent at Xfinity at least 4 times and tickets issued. Never hear back and issue still not resolved. I’m very frustrated that I can’t get the free subscription that I qualify for. Can someone please resolve this for me. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Google will explain, I thought I heard about this a couple months ago. I also had the free subscription,  yet never watched it.

3 Messages

@user_f298bd​  Xfinity is offering free Premium peacock for all platinum and diamond reward members. It became effective before June 26th. I am a platinum member. However have been unable to get it activated. 

Official Employee

• 

252 Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Direct message sent. Fingers crossed someone will be able to resolve this. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

We appreciate you jumping in to help @user_f298bd. If you find yourself having similar issues, you can feel free to reach out. We welcome you to create your own post or circle back here in needed.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I SPENT 4.5 HOURS WITH XFINITY REPS=UNABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHY 2 OF MY tv'S WON'T ACKANOWLEDGE PEACOCK PREMIUM..IT SAYS, "SUBSCRIBE"..

3 Messages

9 months ago

Hey, same problem here!!!  Its been over 2 weeks trying to get this sorted out with various agents.  I am a Platinum Customer and have been trying to activate my Peacock Premium reward with no success.  On the live chat, on the phone, several hours...why is this so hard?!  The website and redemption system is clearly broken, why can't someone in support just activate Peacock Premium on my account and not bill me for it?!  Why is this so difficult?  I do not even blame the agents trying to troubleshoot within a severly complicated and broken system, but rewards mean nothing when you cannot even use them.  

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I am having the same issue. Have spent hours with support and it still does not work.  There is something I really wanted to watch on tomorrow, so this will probably be the last straw that finally makes me cut the cord and just purchase a few different streaming services.  

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@user_0e74d6 So sorry to hear that. If you're having issues with it please direct message us your full name and address, thank you.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

What "Direct Message" icon?  No such thing on this page.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_k103lq, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. You must make your first post before the icon will show

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I am experiencing the same issues as a diamond customer of xfinity...peacock app says "subscribe" and no one at Xfinity will resolve the issues.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @bichons9, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with Peacock, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

2 Messages

8 months ago

We are experiencing the same issue as most of the posters on this thread.
We are Diamond tier rewards members and had claimed the Peacock Premium reward but have not been able to access Peacock Premium content on our television. When we try to access premium content a message saying we need to subscribe shows up with the two subscription options.
I contacted Xfinity through the app, hoping for a resolution, and was shuffled from one rep to another with no remedy to the problem. The representative then suggested we go ahead and follow the prompts to subscribe at the premium level, and that Xfinity would apply a refund each month, though when I tried to ’subscribe’ to Peacock premium level" a message appeared on the screen saying, “Action not supported BE already active”. 
 At that point (actually, when speaking with the initial customer service agent, supposedly a ticket was created (I have screen shots from the ‘chat’), then was told they would have someone call me the following morning, Saturday, sometime after 10 a.m. I expressed that, despite similar reassurances, we had not had good experiences in the past with follow through on phone contact, and was told once again that someone would definitely call the next day. Needless to say communicating with someone through the app was a complete waste of time (from 9:50pm - 10:43pm) and, essentially, an exercise in futility. Nothing was remedied, and no follow up call was received. Later the following day I e-mailed an employee at our local Xfinity store, who has been helpful in the past, asking whether he could provide a solution or how I could best get this resolved, and I haven't gotten a reply from him, either.
The reward is still active on our account and we can access the premium content on my computer, but we continue to hit the same dead end when trying to access content through our TV.
The instructions given to other posters as to how to direct message are not helpful, as there is no 'direct message' icon on the upper right corner of this page. I would appreciate a response as soon as possible as we have been trying to resolve this now for close to 3 weeks. Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @einsea thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your Peacock Premium account. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting your account so you can watch all of the awesome content on Peacock on your TV. I apologize this has been an ongoing issue for you.

If you can please send us a Direct Message with your full name and your full address. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

2 Messages

I finally seem to have resolved this issue, as well as a problem we encountered a couple of days ago with hulu, which we have through Xfinity, not working on our television. I appreciated and did follow the directions to direct message, and the representative was reassuring that our reward was registered on our bill, so we should not receive any charges for Peacock Premium. The representative suggested we register and subscribe at the Peacock Premium level and that, despite the message saying that would incur a $5.99/month charge, we would not be charged. The only problem was, when I tried to 'subscribe', as I had been advised by another representative a month, or so, ago to do... I was met with the identical result I had experienced before - a message appeared that said "Action not supported BE already active", resulting in a never ending circle that likely indicated Xfinity already had us registered for Premium. Ultimately, the solution came from a Peacock representative who I had contacted a couple of days ago.. and who had advised us to sign out of our Peacock account on our television, and then log back in, manually entering the e-mail address and password. I think there may have been an issue with the 'account holder' e-mail that had been used, even though my husband is the primary on our Xfinity account and he had also registered for Peacock Premium though our Diamond Reward. I signed in using my e-mail and the Peacock password that I had established when activating / clicking through to the Peacock website through Xfinity (note - not my Xfinity password). I hope this may help some of you who are still struggling with getting this reward. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_2eba7f We appreciate the information being posted here for others to see who may be going through the same thing. One point of clarification regarding Peacock Premium already being registered in the account. This is not always the case, if others are having issues redeeming the Peacock Premium Offer or logging in to confirm they have it at no cost, please reach out to us, and we will be happy to check and go from there.

1 Message

8 months ago

Having the same issue, going on 6 months now.  No help from customer support, my account says it has been activated but can not access on my TV

Official Employee

• 

924 Messages

Hello @user_p6t77f. Please follow this link https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs to make sure you qualify for our free and awesome streaming service.

6 Messages

How does this help, @XfinityWilliam ? Can you not see that multiple people all have this same issue with no resolution????

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hey there, @user_6gxvyo! Thanks for reaching out regarding your Peacock Premium account. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting your account so you can watch all of the awesome content on Peacock on your TV. May I ask what troubleshooting steps you have tried? When it was activated, did you set up your peacock email with your XFINITY ID/email? What happens when you log in to the Peacock app with your Peacock email and password?

3 Messages

8 months ago

I have been dealing with the Peacock issue since Sept 2023. I have spoken to live agents, used the chat feature, created direct message tickets. None of these options have gotten me any closer to any resolution. I am ready to just give up on any Xfinity support being able to fix this for me. Based on all the complaints from other Xfinity customers, you would think this could get corrected. I don't even read any of the reward emails, since my experience with the only one I applied for went so poorly. All the conversations start out exactly the same, thank for being a Platinum customer and we value your loyalty! Then after spending time on the merry go round, we are escalating this up and expect to hear a response very soon. Blah, Blah, Blah

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

7 months ago

I've had the EXACT SAME experience. I've spent hours on the phone and hours in chats for months with Xfinity agents who keep promising me it's fixed but it's not. When I go to On-Demand to look for my free movies, anything on Peacock shows it will be a free movie. But then when I try to watch it, it tells me I have to subscribe. ABSOLUTELY FRUSTRATING!!!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

I have the same issue.!!!!!!!!!!

went to xfinity peacock activate, says " your peacock account is already active", the continue to Peacock . when I go into Peacock , the majority of the shows/movies need a subscription to watch. My platinum membership with Xfinity should be free Peacock. Ive called numerous times with ECM tickets open then closed due to more info needed , which Xfinty second operator did not know what questions were needed to be adressed. Then I was told I would have a telephone call from tech support within 72 hours. no call back to me on issue as of today. VERY frustrating especially the it sounds like numerous customers have the same problem.         PLEASE AND THANK YOU IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @user_1fef08. I'm sorry to hear you're still getting this error message when logging into Peacock even after having these tickets opened. I'd like the opportunity to review the account and see what's the status of these tickets.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

1 Message

6 months ago

I can’t get peacock either, it’s been since July trying to get this issue resolved 

Official Employee

• 

966 Messages

Hey there @user_toyff1 so sorry to hear that this issue has been persisting for so long. Please feel free to reach us 1-1 anytime by using the instructions above. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

6 months ago

I have the same issue.!!!!!!!!!!

went to xfinity peacock activate, says " your peacock account is already active", the continue to Peacock . when I go into Peacock , the majority of the shows/movies need a subscription to watch. My platinum membership with Xfinity should be free Peacock. I've called numerous times with ECM tickets open then closed due to more info needed , which Xfinty second operator did not know what questions were needed to be addressed. Then I was told I would have a visit/appointment from tech support within 72 hours. no call back to me on issue as of today. VERY frustrating especially the it sounds like numerous customers have the same problem.  

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello @user_2eba7f The goal of our community is to provide answers for all so staying as public as possible, when situationally appropriate, may help users other than yourself. I have your Direct Message and will continue to assist you there. Please be reminded that sending unsolicited Direct Messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Community Forum is a violation of Forum Guidelines. In the future, we ask that you please find the most appropriate public board for your question type and post it there. If needed, we may invite you to send us a Direct Message. Please be patient with us as we receive hundreds to thousands of messages a day.  Thank you for your understanding and for joining us here on the forum. 

1 Message

6 months ago

same here no response to ticket

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello @user_tem, I love the Peacock Premium rewards we offer to our customers, Peacock has some great content to enjoy. Let's look into this together, and work on getting you access. I've responded to your direct message and look forward to working with you. 

1 Message

5 months ago

Having problems with sign in with my free Peacock diamond reward and with the Xfinity plan we are under . Nether free versions of Peacock will let us sign in without picking a plan to pay. I’ve got ECS tickets. Numerous support and hours and hours of trying, Xfinity..,you can do better for your customers! This is going on way too long and it should be fixed! I one repair guy tell me that they don’t offer it even though they say it’s free.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_g6qo0k, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with Peacock, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Comcast Business”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here