U

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Thursday, May 25th, 2023 11:03 PM

Closed

Fire TV Xfinity Stream issue 5/25/23

the streaming app is stuck on this screen. I have app version 7.0.0.00. Fire OS 5.2.9.5

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

1 year ago

... Fire OS 5.2.9.5 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-tv-app-requirements says:

• ... your Amazon Fire TV and tablet devices must be running Fire OS 6 or later
  • Any smartphone, tablet or Fire TV device running Android 6, Fire OS 5 or earlier isn't supported.

Some Fire OS devices may not be capable of running Fire OS 6 or higher and so won't meet the requirements of the latest Stream app. For the latest Fire OS version supported by your device see

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G2JXLC4L34GX73TE for tablets, and

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201497590 for TV devices.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

1 year ago

... fire tv says it is up to date ...

What model Fire TV do you have? If it's an older model it may not be able to run a later version of Fire OS. See

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201497590,

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-tv/device-specifications-fire-tv-streaming-media-player.html, and

https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-tv/fire-os-overview.html.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Tried everything for hours.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@user_34feac​ same!!!! Very frustrating!!!! Paying for an inoperable service!!! 😡

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@user_289007

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to us via our Xfinity Community Forums! I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble with Xfinity Stream app. We are here to help!

Have you tried updating the app like the message suggests?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityElizabethA​ yes. I checked for an update. It says the app is “up to date”

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

@user_289007

Great! Thanks for checking on that. Have you also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Does this only happen on your TV, or on all devices?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi there @user_34feac. I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with the Xfinity Stream App on the Firestick. Have you tried to uninstall the App and install the app again? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the exact same issue

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

@ClownBaby I appreciate you making us aware of the troubles you are experiencing accessing the Xfinity Stream app. I am here and would love to help. Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling the app? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Xfinity Stream app but it still will not work

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

same problem as well. over paying for something that works fine one day, then this update message pops up and you cant do anything. 

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

Hello @user_254697 , thank you for taking the time to reach out to our great team through Forums. I appreciate your patience with our response. You stated about update message, can you share which update you are referring to? I want to make sure we are on the same page. I will do all I can to assist.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I believe the original poster is referring to the image in the first post. That is the same update message I am receiving. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Experiencing the same issue. What is the latest version of the Xfinity Stream app know to work with Amazon TV?

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

@user_289007 As mentioned in @BruceW 's post, all users experiencing issues in this thread, please confirm your Amazon Fire TV and tablet devices are running Fire OS 6 or later. Any smartphone, tablet or Fire TV device running Android 6, Fire OS 5 or earlier isn't supported.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Tried uninstall and install.

Problem Solver

• 

743 Messages

@user_34feac 

Could you please send us a direct message with your first and last name and your full address?

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

fire tv says it is up to date. App version I have is 7.0.00…

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

Awesome, the photos are super helpful! Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream app on your Fire TV?

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityElizabethA​ Yes. I tried that. That gave me issues as well when I tried to reinstall for about 24 hours the appstore would not allow download but had a icon with a shopping cart and right beside it the word unavailable. I was finally able to re-install the app but it is not working. I am having the same issue.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

Thank you for sharing all these images, @user_289007. I would like to take a little deeper look at the account itself. Are you also connected to the In Home Network name (SSID), or is the TV conecte to the xfinitywifi or XFINITY hotspot?
Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I do understand and have seen/read the original posting @user_289007. The Xfinity Stream app is available on all Fire TV devices running on Fire OS 6 or later.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

@user_289007​ 

As @BruceW  stated your Kindle Fire is no longer supported. Operating system 5.2.9.5

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you @BruceW 

I had a newer Fire TV stick that I had not activated yet. Fired it up today to see if that was the issue. Xfinity Stream app is up and running now without issue!! 👏🏻👏🏻🥳

Official Employee

• 

232 Messages

We are so glad to hear you are able to access the Stream app now!

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_289007​ so we have to purchase a newer version of Firestick? Somebody had mentioned that firestick updates the newer versions remotely. We don’t have to buy new firesticks. I need to find out. 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Apparently we would have to purchase a new Fire Stick or use another method like Roku, AppleTV, have a smart tv, etc. Xfinity/Amazon may come up with a fix eventually but I would not count on that. I went ahead and purchased two new Fire Sticks (at about $25 each I might add) just to save myself the waiting and the grief of having no access to the Xfinity Stream app on my TVs. 

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Is there another way to make the app work on fire os 5? It worked before 5/25/23 I get that it’s no longer supported but why doesn’t it work at all? all the competition apps still work on my device. Just make it work I don’t care if it bugs out sometimes hits don’t give me an endless update loop on an app that was working last week on the same hardware

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@ClownBaby Since it is not supported you would not be able to use it. Let's say you had the older version installed, it would prompt you with a message to update the app to a newer version before continuing. 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@ClownBaby​ same exact problem. No one at Xfinity or Amazon can help. Spent hours on the phone this week. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

To summarize:

After reading this whole thread, it seems that the app did support Fire TV OS 5.x, but per the Xfinity replies, it no longer does, and instead requires Fire OS 6+.

For those of us with a Fire TV model that itself does not support Fire OS 6+, we just lost the use of our xfinity stream app.

The replies suggest that it’s the latest xfinity stream app that’s not supported for Fire OS 5.x. This answers the question of why those of us experiencing the issue are experiencing it. The replies also suggest that there really isn’t a way within Fire OS to run a previous version of a currently-on-offer app. I understand this and it seems reasonable.

Given all that, I’ll echo ClownBaby’s post above (asking for help fixing the issue rather than why it’s no longer working), but I’ll phrase it another way:

Can (or will) Xfinity help fix this issue by taking one of the following steps?

A) Offering an earlier version of the app under a different name, such as “xfinity stream FTV 5x legacy” or similar? That way, us 5x-ers could get the legacy app for our older TVs.

B) Reintroducing support for Fire OS 5.x in the latest xfinity stream app, and then re-releasing it as a new update.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.7K Messages

1 year ago

A) Offering an earlier version of the app ...

B) Reintroducing support for Fire OS 5.x ...

Neither one will happen, because they would cost them a few pennies. Comcast only makes changes to increase revenue, or to cut costs. IOW, to increase profits. They've most likely already determined that whatever losses they might incur by dropping support for v5 devices will be more than offset by support cost savings or by gains. It's all about the Benjamins.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@BruceW​ what am I paying Comcast $262 a month for?? [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Maybe they're in cahoots with Amazon to force us all to upgrade our FireTVs?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here