M

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, August 4th, 2022 9:42 PM

Closed

Favorite channels duplicated

I have several Hisense 65H9G smart TVs streaming Xfinity with Roku Ultimates. When I choose a favorite HD channel, all of the HD variations of that channel get marked as favorites and appear in the Favorites navigation list. If I remove an unwanted duplicate from Favorites, all variations of that channel, including the one I want, are removed from Favorites. I have seen various postings of this issue dating back to 2017 and several postings indicate that this is a known Xfinity software bug with no current solution. I don't want to be insulting, but does Xfinity care anything about the basic functionality of this app or the inconvenience it causes customers who are paying more than top dollar for this service? I write software for a major comany and known bugs get scheduled for correction or placed into a backlog category of issues that may never be fixed. I'm curious if Xfinity will tell us if/when this bug will ever be fixed.

Problem Solver

• 

908 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @mbailey555 thank you for taking the time to create this post for our Xfinity Community Forum! I can definitely undertsand why this issue would be frustrating for you. We are happy to help in any way we can!

I see that you have sent our Team a private Peer to Peer message already. Please be reminded that sending unsolicited private messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Help & Support Forums, is a violation of Forum Guidelines https://comca.st/3P3qOfq and our Xfinity Forum Acceptable Use policy (found here: https://comca.st/3Pddbug). We ask that you please start by posting your request in the most appropriate public forum board first. If our team needs a direct message from you they will ask you to send it on your public post once they are ready to assist you. Although we would never want to get to that point with any user, violations to our posted guidelines could result in a revocation of a user's Xfinity Forum posting privileges. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

The Xfinity Stream app for Partner Devices is currently offered in a "beta" version that doesn't include the full set of features and functionality that comes with the Xfinity Stream app or the web portal. Future releases of the app will include additional features and functionality, as well as improved stability and optimization. When using the "beta" app, you won't be charged an "additional outlet" service charge. Pricing may change in the future. Please note that Xfinity X1 is the best way to watch Xfinity TV, and not all features of X1 are available if you choose to use a Partner Device.

Does this issue only occur on yout TVs? Or have you been able to recreate the issue on other devices like your phone or tablet? Does this also occur on the web portal?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityElizabethA​ Elizabeth,

My apologies if sending the peer to peer message was not allowed but XfinityBillie sent me the following instructions when I originally posted this issue back in April: "Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I would be more than happy to take a look and see how we can assist with resolving the issues viewing Showtime and HBO. Please send us a direct message to "Xfinity Support" with your full name and address to get started. To send a direct message you may need to: Click "Sign In"; Click the "direct message" icon; Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon; Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line; Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window; Press Enter to send it"

I was on travel the past few months and this was my first chance to respond. I have a total of 6 tvs in the house and, at $9/month/box, X1 boxes were simply too expensive given the high cost I'm already paying for your cable and internet service. I chose Xfinity because I was told that the streaming beta provided equivalent viewing of content even though the features of the X1 were not all included. My question to you was simple and direct: This has been a known issue for years and I want to know if Xfinity has any intention of correcting this software bug. If so, is it currently being worked or has it been scheduled? As I said, I write software for a major company so please don't patronize me with meaningless statements about how you are working diligently to resolve all issues - this bug has a defect number and it's either scheduled for work or it's not.

Given that I already have my own cable modem/router, wifi mesh router, and Roku Ultra boxes on all my tvs, I need to decide if your service is worth the cost. The quality of your customer service and software, or lack thereof, is a major factor in deciding whether to switch to a tailored bundle of streaming services. Please respond with an answer to my question.

Thanks,

[Edited: Personal Information]

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

574 Messages

Thank you for reaching back out in regard to the issues you're experiencing. That isn't the experience we want for our customers. I don't see a ticket open to fix the issue you're experiencing, but we're happy to troubleshoot and a ticket would automatically open to look into this further. Can you please click the Direct Messaging icon at the top right of the page, click on the pen and pad icon and enter Xfinity Support in the "To" section of the chat and provide us with your first and last name so we may further assist you.

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have noticed the same issue. I choose a specific favorite channel number and other channel numbers of the same network are automatically also marked as favorites. Then try to delete the extra channels and they all get deleted.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Xfinity is the worst company in the world.  I want to let you all know this is an issue that has been going on with thousands and thousands of people for 8 years!!!!  8.  Yep.  They always ask the same moronic questions.  They always give the same excuses they are working on it when one more clueless person asks about it.  To think a company that specializes in technology cant figure out a bug like this for 8 years...is disturbing.  So I have made it my goal to respond to every forum and search I can find that has this issue pop up.  To let the masses know what is going on.   To let them know how incompetent Xfinity is.  Spread the word.  

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I've been seeing this same behavior with the favorites list and it's super frustrating. I'm using Roku but I don't think it matters. I tried to add all the channels that we watch to the favorites list to make it easier to see what's on live TV because the All Channels list is way too long with the duplicates . I thought I would keep my favorites list more organized by only adding the 1000s version of the channels. So I did that, adding around 20 channels to favorites. But then it also added the duplicates of the same channel. For example, I added HLN to favs, 1112, but then it auto added the same channel on 397. Huh?

Also, most (or all) of my local channels that I added, like 1008, 1010, all just disappeared from the favs. It didn't even leave a duplicate lower version in the list. Just gone.

Support keeps reminding us that the app is still in beta (forever) and all features from x1 are not present. But this seems like such a basic feature not exclusive to x1.

Like OP, I'm also in software development and understand the whole defect process and think it's outrageous that they've let this one remain for so long. I truly do think there are motives behind it. But maybe I'm wrong. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@dccordell I appreciate you bringing this concern to our Xfinity Forums. I just want to clarify, you are able to add channels to the favorites list but when you go to delete any duplicate SD channels it deletes all the channels? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

XfinityBillie: That is correct. To be specific, marking a specific channel number as a favorite automatically marks most or all of the duplicate channel numbers for that station as favorites. If I remove the favorite marking from one or more unwanted duplicates of a desired station, all occurrences of that station, including the desired channel number, are unmarked as favorites and no longer appear in the Favorites list. Some stations only appear once in the list of all channels. When marked as favorites, navigating to those channels requires scrolling through pages of unwanted duplicates. What I want is the ability to mark a specific channel number as a favorite without the duplicate channel numbers of that station being marked as favorites. This allows me to provide some semblance of order to my favorites list by choosing lower channel numbers for frequently watched channels and eliminates the inclusion of all the duplicates. It would also allow multiple specific channel numbers for a given station to be marked as favorites without the automatic marking of all channel numbers for that station. If this is difficult, perhaps your software could specify a single default favorite channel number for each station so that attempting to mark any channel number as a favorite would only mark the default channel number of that station (this is far from ideal but better than what we have now). The best outcome would be a favorites list that allows the user to specify and change the order in which each favorite channel appears in the Favorites list (adding the order attribute is a completely new software change but, if software changes are already needed to correct this bug, perhaps that could be included).

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out, we did send a message last month trying to assist. Please reach back out to our team through Direct Message with your full name and address to further troubleshoot. We will be more than happy to help! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Yeah.  This is a true inconvenience and doesn't really support the whole concept of using 'favorite channels' to make browsing the guide easier for the customer.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I have the same issue. Also even after I favorited a channel, which causes all versions of that channel to be favorited, when I set my guide to favorites it only shows certain versions of the channel. But if I select all channels in the guide they show they are favorited. This is on my X1 box. If I unfavorite one version of the duplicate it unfavorites all of the channels duplicate numbers. Why have a favorite list if you can’t just choose the channels you want to see?  I can set up the favorites on the website perfectly, they just don’t show up on the X1 box or streaming app correctly. 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

411 Messages

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue and I'd like to help you and see what we can do. Since you're having the issue on your X1 box, it may be beneficial to start troubleshooting on the box. Have you manually restarted the box since you've noticed this issue?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Infinity Gabby: If u had bothered to actually read this posting chain, u would have seen that Infinity Elizabeth's chewed me out for a peer-to-peer posting I made in response to an invitation like yours. I received no meaningful response from Xfinity then or to this posting. Let me be honest with u - I don't believe Xfinity has any intention of fixing the gross errors in your streaming app because people like me would be more likely to use it in place of your ridiculously overpriced monthly rental charge for X1 boxes. I would be glad to have u prove me wrong but I believe Xfinity has customer service in name only. The software bugs I reported r so basic that any high as schooler studying software development could fix them but your supposed professionals have done nothing in the last SEVEN YEARS. I write software for a living and would be ashamed and embarrassed to be associated with your product. How does it feel to be totally incompetent?

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

I have deleted these duplicate channels THREE TIMES, but they keep re-appearing. It is a royal pain. Comcast is a fundamentally flawed service which I am locked into because no reasonable alternative exists here. Besides this problem, which is annoying but not fatal, I became a victim of an incompetent agent who signed me up for service to replace what I had that was expiring. She was wrong about the price (lower than previously for the SAME options), wrong about the DTA's (which she told me was "free"), wrong about DVR service (which disappeared entirely). It took 4 days of talking to phone techs who knew absolutely NOTHING. One actually told me the problem was something to do with an area problem that was being "worked on." That was entirely untrue BS. finally getting a serviceperson who came to my house and straightened it out---for an additional $25/mo. I HATE COMCAST. 

New Problem Solver

• 

452 Messages

This is certainly not the experience that we want you to have and my team and I are here to help @mdmpress. We would be more than happy to review our current offers and options to find a plan that meets your needs and check about restoring your DVR service. Please send us a Direct Message so that we can get started. 

To send a Direct Message you may need to:

Click "Sign In"

Click the "direct message" icon

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Welcome to the Xfinity version of customer service. Aside from total incompetence, I have no idea how anyone with self respect can work in that department.

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

@mbailey555​ I have this issue too, but decided to pick my battles because they do not care. Im dealing with extreme fluctuations with volume on the app (speaking cracking almost damaging loudness). All they want to do is ask me to send a DM, then verify my account, then not reply for days, I ask for an update and they want me to verify my account again.... nope, scroll up in the DM, it is there already, lol.  8 reps have replied to my DM none of which had any hint of a solution, escalation or work in progress. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

2 years ago

Go to the Xfinity Stream website ,open settings ,select playback ,set best available to off . I went to the TV on a Roku stick and redid the favorite channels . It worked . I hope the dups don’t return.

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

@jmezaric3​ So far it is working for me. Makes sense now that I think about it when looking at best available it would be looking over all the same channels. I use to like it because if I found a channel in SD, but with an HD equivalent, it would automatically take me to the HD channel. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here