U

Wednesday, December 6th, 2023 1:36 AM

Closed

Closed Caption

Closed Caption is always on when I turn on my Amazon TV and my Samsung TV.  Please fix this 

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

10 months ago

Hello @user_qu5ok0 we know that being able to manage your closed captions is crucial. We have identified an issue with some Samsung and LG customers having issues with being unable to turn off closed captions via the Xfinity Stream app. Our engineer partners are aware of this issue and working with our app developers to provide a solution on this. We are hoping to have some kind of update available early next year, so I would ensure that any time you see an update available for your app, you complete it for the fix. We appreciate your paitence with us while we work to resolve this for you. 

10 Messages

This issue just started within the past 4 weeks.  So Xfinity pushed an update to the app which CAUSED this problem to arise.  Now you cannot fix it quicker than 'early next year'?  That is the typical lack of support which Xfinity provides.

1 Message

9 months ago

Early next year??? Wth!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

As much money as you charge and it's going to take "Early Next year to fix.".......thats a joke right

Official Employee

• 

920 Messages

@user_bwfv7u Our engineering and app teams are working had to get this done as soon as possible, but we want to be transparent with expectations. Thanks for understanding!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

Add me to the waiting list for this essential BUG fix. 

1 Message

Add me too. My TV also has the bug

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

@user_xhq1wk, we appreciate you using the Community Forums and ensuring we are aware of the issue you are experiencing. As of now this is still a work in progress, but we will continue to work on a resolution with our engineers.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

I have the same issue. It’s amazing that their customer service is so poor and they are the most expensive game in town!  I guess you don’t always get what you pay for. 

10 Messages

This issue just started within the past 4 weeks.  So Xfinity pushed an update to the app which CAUSED this problem to arise.  Now you cannot fix it quicker than 'early next year'?  That is the typical lack of support which Xfinity provides.

6 Messages

8 months ago

I wonder if this happens with your $10/ month boxes? Guessing not. 

2 Messages

8 months ago

I’m having the same issue with my Samsung TV. 

2 Messages

8 months ago

I’m having the same issue with my Samsung TV. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here