kvatz54's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 20th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

Buffering, Freezing on Streaming app on any iOS device, anywhere

I have spent approximately 3 hours on the phone w Comcast "Advanced Repair" and have also had complete cable connection and modem checks, on site at my home, all to no avail.

When I try to stream through the Xfinity Stream App on my iPhone 11 Pro Max, or my iPad Mini 3rd generation, both with the latest iOS and iPadOS, there is constant freezing and buffering. I mostly watch CNN, but this is true regardless of whether I'm streaming live TV or a recording, and any channel.

With CNN, the Stream App uses the CNNGo feed. If I watch the CNNGo App on my device, it does not freeze or buffer. So, why not just use the CNNGo app directly instead of getting it through the Xfinity Streaming App? Because with CNNGo, the app will not allow you to lock the phone or multitask and still hear the sound, as does the Xfinity App. There is no way to toggle the sound to run in the background in the CNNGo App.

This problem with the Xfinity Stream App is present regardless of where I am--at home, on public Wifi, on Xfinity Wifi, on my cellular network (AT&T) with good cellular signal (4 bars). Comcast Advanced Repair keeps offering to refresh their app, refresh my modem, etc., etc., and mainly are just reading off their list of "fixes". I have deleted and reloaded the app several times. They say that no one else has reported a problem with the app, so it must be something with my modem, wifi, or device.

Given that the problem exists on two separate devices, and on any wifi network, , and that it does not occur on the CNNGo App, it makes no sense that it has to do with my home Internet and wifi, or my particular devices. The common denominator here is the Xfinity Streaming App.

Does anyone have any idea as to the cause of this problem, or a fix for it? There seems to be no way to get in touch with the Xfinity Stream App developer.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@kvatz54 wrote:

I have spent approximately 3 hours on the phone w Comcast "Advanced Repair" and have also had complete cable connection and modem checks, on site at my home, all to no avail.

When I try to stream through the Xfinity Stream App on my iPhone 11 Pro Max, or my iPad Mini 3rd generation, both with the latest iOS and iPadOS, there is constant freezing and buffering. I mostly watch CNN, but this is true regardless of whether I'm streaming live TV or a recording, and any channel.

With CNN, the Stream App uses the CNNGo feed. If I watch the CNNGo App on my device, it does not freeze or buffer. So, why not just use the CNNGo app directly instead of getting it through the Xfinity Streaming App? Because with CNNGo, the app will not allow you to lock the phone or multitask and still hear the sound, as does the Xfinity App. There is no way to toggle the sound to run in the background in the CNNGo App.

This problem with the Xfinity Stream App is present regardless of where I am--at home, on public Wifi, on Xfinity Wifi, on my cellular network (AT&T) with good cellular signal (4 bars). Comcast Advanced Repair keeps offering to refresh their app, refresh my modem, etc., etc., and mainly are just reading off their list of "fixes". I have deleted and reloaded the app several times. They say that no one else has reported a problem with the app, so it must be something with my modem, wifi, or device.

Given that the problem exists on two separate devices, and on any wifi network, , and that it does not occur on the CNNGo App, it makes no sense that it has to do with my home Internet and wifi, or my particular devices. The common denominator here is the Xfinity Streaming App.

Does anyone have any idea as to the cause of this problem, or a fix for it? There seems to be no way to get in touch with the Xfinity Stream App developer.

are you using your own gateway/router? what happens on cell data and using TVgo channels or playback of recordings? 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Following. Same problem here. Started a couple weeks ago.

Official Employee

• 

7K Messages

3 years ago

Hello Baylaurel3. What a bummer you are having trouble with our Xfinity Stream app, I know how fun and useful this app is. To help with troubleshooting this issue, can you tell us about the source of your internet when the buffering / freezing occurs? When you are experiencing this issue, can you please visit https://speedtest.xfinity.com/ and perform a speed test and provide those results here? Also, can you go into the Apple App store and check if there are any updates available for this app? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@ComcastJoeTru The latest version of the xfinity app. Speedtest shows 360+megabits/sec. The problem is the APP!!! It gets stuck and will not reconnect with whatever is proving the content. Changing wifi networks sometimes fixes the problem, but it is not the wifi network because everything else (Safari, other streaming such as CBS, mail, etc.) all work fine.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

I appreciate you getting back to us here, @user_a042e2! I love using the app to watch my favorite shows upstairs in my room so I'd be upset if I was having issues. You've reached the perfect place for help and we'll stick with you here until we get to the bottom of this. Please uninstall the app, restart your device, reinstall the app, and let me know if the issue persists. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

29.9 download and 10.9 upload speed.  Internet source is wireless home network.  We have comcast modem and apple time capsule. There are no updates showing for the Xfinity app.

Any ideas so I can stream from my iPad using the Xfinity app without constant interruptions?
thank you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have a freezing problem using the Xfinity app on my TV.  I mainly watch CNN and MSNBC and it freezes on both channels.  I've also spent about 4 hours with technical support to no avail.  They had me uninstall and reinstall the app several times as well as get a new modem.  This is very frustrating. 

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

I would be happy to help and look into your app concern. Please send a private message with your full name (and the account holder's name if different from you) and the numbers associated with your service address. To send me a private message,  click the chat icon, then the pencil/pad and then Xfinity support.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

58.8 download speed. Video freezes on Fire TV. I don't see the chat icon to reach out. Calling support several times has yielded no help

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same problem here using Xfinity Stream Beta on a firestick.  

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hey, thank you for letting us know you are running into issues as well. I use the Stream app all the time to catch up on shows and DVR recordings while on the go, so I definitely wouldn't be too happy if I wasn't having the solid connection I needed. Have you tried to access the app on other devices to see if you are running into reception issues there, or is this only happening on your Firestick? Are multiple people watching the Stream app at the same time as you? The Xfinity Stream Beta app is available on most Fire TV devices, but any Fire TV running Android 4 or earlier isn’t supported. Have you checked to ensure you are using a Firestick that is compatible with the app? We'll ensure we do all we can to get this working for you!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same, the streaming app has been nothing but a headache! Constantly freezing up.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here