E

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 3rd, 2023 7:57 AM

Closed

Audio/Visual Out of Sync/Delay

The audio/visual is out of sync on my Xfinity Stream App after watching a channel for about 10-15 minutes.  I will be watching a channel, and everything will be fine, and after a little while all of a sudden it's almost like the buffering has a delay and then tries to catch up, but it catches up out of sync so the sound and video aren't matched.  I have tried resetting my TV multiple times to no avail.  The only fix I have found is to exit the channel with the back button, and reopen it again.  I have never had this issue until about the last week or so.  The latest app version is dated 5/9/23 - so it has probably been longer than a week, but I am just noticing that it's been happening regularly now.  I have an Onn Roku TV, and Xfinity Blast! internet service.  My X3 box downstairs is still working properly, and I have not changed any hardware at home recently.  This is a huge annoyance.  I hope Xfinity releases a fixed version of the app soon.

Edit (November 3, 2023): I am currently experiencing no issues anymore.  I have since upgraded my XFi Gateway to the most current one (the white Cisco model) and also tried 2 brand new routers upstairs in my home, where I was experiencing issues originally.  I am not 100% sure what was causing the issue, but honestly my best guess is since that time, the Xfinity Stream App for Roku TV was updated and the bug was fixed.  I had to deal with the out of sync problem for a few months after I originally posted this, and it was more of an annoyance than anything else.  I was still able to watch TV, but I constantly had to exit the channel and re-enter it to fix it temporarily.  It was for every channel, it didn't matter which channel I chose.  Like I said, I feel like it was a bug in the Xfinity Stream App and not a hardware issue.  And it's been working flawlessly for a while now.  Just wanted to give an update on this, as seeing as other people are having similar issues on different devices.  Mine was specifically on an ONN. brand TV (55") which is a Roku TV.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@egrail Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forums. Is this happening to a specific channel, or it could be any channel once it starts to buffer?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityBenjaminM​  this is a widespread problem in the last month. The channel does not matter, they all do it. How do I get credit or should I just cancel all together? So frustrating and unwatchable when the voice and picture are off by 5 to 10 seconds. The TV show sound is still on 5 seconds into the commercial break. 

The announcer screams GOAL and I wait 8 more seconds to see it on my screen. Hockey games are also unwatchable.

2 Messages

I have this same problem! And then when you try to play back recordings it eventually can’t be played at all!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I have the same issue...huge sync problems on PC!  The programming of the Xfinity Stream through a PC has serious sync issues over time and its annoying when you have to click WATCH after selecting a channel...redundant & ridiculous.  YouTube does an excellent job in comparison.  As a 30 year retired programmer analyst, Xfinity's Streaming service through xfinity.com on a PC is amateur hour.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Same problem here. It works good but only for about 5 minutes then the voice and picture get out of sync. This has been happening for about 3 weeks. Why am I paying for this garbage? It's totally unwatchable!!!

I see many post about this in the last few weeks so when will this get fixed? Do I get a credit for my unwatchable service?.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Same issue here. We have tcl Roku tv using the xfinity app.  It happens with both tvs any channel and often.  
any solutions?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I don’t see an answer from Xfinity on why they aren’t fixing their bugs in their service. Xfinity needs to refund customers for this very poor service and product or provide an update immediately.  Xfinity what’s the fix? Or customers who are trying to be loyal will need to go to YOUTUBETV.  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I have 4 TVs (Roku and Samsung) and they all do it, and have been for a long time. Google all the complaints with no solutions. None of my other streaming apps have this issue.

Official Employee

• 

853 Messages

@gmarch   Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Xfinity doesn’t care about their customers. All they care about is the money we pay to them each and every month. Their service is really garbage. The xfinity app has been out of sync for months, and still no fix. Imagine we not paying our bills for months?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Good afternoon @user_bcc31f and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums. We're sorry to hear about your frustrations as this is never how we want any of our valuable customers to feel. I see that you stated you are experiencing issues with your Xfinity app, can you tell me a little bit more about what the app is doing? May I also ask if you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityShawn​ You're joking, right? Did you read what I wrote? Four TVs have the same issue. Did you google to see everyone who is having the same problem?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

@gmarch Thank you for taking the time to utilize our community here for assistance with your issue. At this time, we do have a known issue open for audio drops and volume fluctuation on Roku devices while streaming. We don't currently have an ETA to provide but are working with Roku to try to find a fix. Moving forward, I recommend ensuring that both your Roku device and the Xfinity Stream app are up-to-date with the most recent software as any potential fixes will likely be pushed out via a software update.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Honestly, Xfinity is a joke. I’ve been dealing with the same issues for at least 6 months. Audio going higher and lower on its own. Audio/video lag. I have two different TVs with two different Roku products and common denominator is Xfinity stream app. A supervisor at Xfinity told me the blame lies with Roku as they admitted fault. Lol, the blame game between the two companies. They don’t care. It’s most likely known and being hidden from the public. 

(edited)

2 Messages

1 year ago

Anyone get an answer to this yet?!

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

Hello @user_a69952 ! Thank you for taking the time to utilize our community here for assistance with your issue. At this time, we do have a known issue open for audio drops and volume fluctuation on Roku devices while streaming over a period of time. We don't currently have an ETA to provide, but are working with Roku to try to find a fix. Moving forward, I recommend ensuring that both your Roku device and the Xfinity Stream app are up to date with the most recent software as any potential fixes will likely be pushed out via a software update.

I do see above that you mentioned your recordings are not able to be played back. To confirm, are you using a Roku device or another device to access the Xfinity Stream app? When you run into issues with the recordings, is it strictly the audio that you are having issues with, or is something else happening that is causing you to be unable to watch your recordings? Please provide as much detail as possible for any issues you are experiencing.

1 Message

11 months ago

I have this same issue on our Fire stick using the app. all my other apps work fine and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and cleared all the cache. We are getting ITV3 soon and I cannot wait to switch from this garbage service

1 Message

11 months ago

Same issue but using apple tv, iphone, and ipad. Very disappointing!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for commenting to let us know you are experiencing a similar issue, @user_85hh4y. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream App? Are your devices up to date with the latest iOS? 

1 Message

It’s audio lag/ out of lip sync on various brands on TVs Pioneer, Hisense, Onn … doesn’t matter it’s Xfinity’s poor quality internet. It’s not an internet speed issue it is quality issue. My neighbor changed to fiber optic internet service which I am in the process of doing she’s had no more problems since changing to fiber optic

2 Messages

10 months ago

Omg! This is making me crazy. It’s nearly impossible to watch any show when the sound and their mouths don’t match. It doesn’t matter what station or whether it’s live or streaming. I’m exhausted with xfinity. Can anyone recommend some alternatives?

Official Employee

• 

853 Messages

@Griffsma We can definitely help you today. Have you tried resetting your cable box or no? What troubleshooting steps have you done? 

1 Message

Have you tried reading the thread???

2 Messages

7 months ago

Xfinity what is the deal? I have to reset the flex box EVERY DAY to re-sync the audio.

This is a solved problem. Firmware code likely exists to check if the audio stream is out of sync and to then reset the stream to re-sync.

Does your team need help? I have streaming software experience and would be happy to contract on this issue.

This should be P0 yet it's gone unfixed for months! Please fix it or lose another flex customer, this is truly embarrassing for such a big company.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

It's about cash, not customer service.  Whenever I see something that remains broken like this for years, invariably it's because fixing the problem will cause them to do something they don't want.  I watch MSNBC for hours on my PC during the day.  After several hours, the video stream can be 5 seconds out of sync with the audio.  So I just shut it down and reopen it. YouTube is always in sync, Xfinity never is. 

All I can say is how many friggin years has HD been considered 1080p in the US?  And if you ask Xfinity after 15 years of 4K TV's being the standard how much longer do we have to wait for Xfinity to make it their new standard?  Every single time I've asked, its the same response...no one ever mentions 4k broadcasting at Xfinity and ATSC 3.0 broadcasting may be widely availably in 2 or 3 decades.  Yeah we know Japan is broadcasting in 8k already, but here in the states (like everything) we're in the stone age because the fat cats raking in the cash couldn't care less about the tech......it's all about the green!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_5c912c. I see you've had hiccups with your stream being out of sync after watching with no issues for several hours. I rely on my stream options daily, and I can see how this would be frustrating. We can surely help troubleshoot this further. 

As more broadcasts come in 4K, we will do our best to ensure we provide this to our customers. We have many 4K options and equipment that supports 4K. You can read more about that here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/uhd-4k-faqs

Contributor

• 

184 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ too bad there is no 4k content currently. And the world is starting to move to 8K

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here