D

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, June 30th, 2022 6:40 PM

Closed

Apple TV Xfinity Stream app is here! One little problem, though, the sound keeps cutting out

Hi!

Just wanted to say 'Thank you!' for getting the xfinity Stream app out on Apple TV!  This really helps :)

One issue, though, the sound is dropping when watching.  Any ideas on what might be going on?

Thanks!

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Same issue here was ready to get rid of my box but I can’t have the sound dropping out every five minutes. 

Regular Visitor

• 

31 Messages

2 years ago

Having the same issue. 

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

Hello. I can help with any of your Xfinity needs. Have you found any relief since you left this post? @rwheeler5

I no longer work for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

31 Messages

Yes. No sound issues now. 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@rwheeler5 Thank you for letting us know. We are aware of an ongoing issue with the Stream and it is currently under investigation. Thank you for your patience. 

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@XfinityHeather​ Ongoing issue that’s still happening three months later.

Problem Solver

• 

339 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @dscheidt! Glad to hear you get to enjoy the Stream app on your Apple TV, my friend! Let's take a further look at these audio issues. To cover the basics here can I ask are you continuing to have audio dropouts on other streams or was this a one-time event? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityErika​ It looks like this has been cleared up.  Maybe just a first day problem.  Working well since then.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@dscheidt​ Still happening on a recording from last night. 

Problem Solver

• 

393 Messages

@dscheidt Oh awesome! That is what we love to hear. Just out of curiosity and for the benefit of the rest of our forum community, were there any steps you took or changes made before you noticed the audio issue clearing up?

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@XfinityShaina​ It is STILL not fixed.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue. Please get this fixed, as I like the new interface.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@Da_Stomper Thank you for reaching out to the Digital Care Team. Is this happening on the app and the portal? Does it happen on all channels? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

It happens on all channels live or recorded!

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

This continues to be a problem on multiple channels. Again, I love the new look but this needs to be cleared up before I switch completely to it. Also, what are the chances of getting Dolby 5.1 on this instead of stereo?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thanks for letting us know, @Da_Stomper! Regarding Dolby Digital 5.1, we don't have any information at this time regarding the chances of its availability, but I know some customers are streaming on devices that they can then cast to their TV (and sound system) in order to enjoy various forms of audio. Let me know if that helps! If you are still experiencing issues with the audio in general, may I ask what you've done so far to troubleshoot (i.e. force close and re-open the Stream app, uninstall and re-install the app, power cycle your audio equipment, etc.)?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having the same issue as well. Doesn’t matter which channel I’m watching out when watching recordings. Tried adjusting the audio output formats on the Apple TV settings and made no difference. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@barret55, We would be happy to run through some troubleshooting steps with you. I would first recommend restarting your box to see if that updates the settings. If you are still having trouble, please send us a DM with your name and address by doing the following:

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Same here! Please fix or I will have to dump xfinity

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@user_f4add7​ My husband is researching other streaming options even as we speak.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Also having this issue on multiple TVs with ATV boxes. Have adjusted settings on my TV, sound bar, and ATVs with no changes.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Does this happen on all channels and DVR content?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Please create your own post about this issue and we can assist you. 

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@XfinityAntoine​ Happens with all of my channels. 

Problem Solver

• 

519 Messages

I would love to try a few steps together. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9r for an example.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Also experiencing problem from xfinity with Apple tv+. Sound is no longer in Dolby digital. All other tv and apps working in Dolby digital. I have tried resetting app, signing out and back in. Have also unplugged router and xfinity box. Problem remains.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_fa4f69. The audio drop outs are a known issue we are working on, but I do not see anything for Dolby digital. Bed on the response to the launch, Dolby 5.1 is not available yet, but my reference does not state if this is supposed to be this way or it is a problem. The best step is to pout in a ticket to bring attention. Let me know if you would like to do that as it requires account specifics. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

When r u fixing the audio dropping issue? Or do I drop xfinity for another service?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I hate this problem and I am trying out you tube tv. I will have to dump xfinity! I can’t watch tv like this

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@user_f4add7​ My husband just signed up for YouTube TV.  If this works, we’ll be dumping Xfinity’s cable.  We pay WAY TOO MUCH a month to have this problem.  Spectrum’s app was great.  And we refuse to switch to a Chromecast or Fire stick.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I’m having the same issue. It seems to start during commercial breaks and for a little bit into the show after the break ends.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

I get no sound from the apple tv app with my x1 box. I watched 7 episodes this pass week, 6 times no problem and one time opened app multiple times before sound came on.

Tonight no sound, tried multiple shows, nothing. For twenty minutes I would try app, no sound, tried prime app got sound, apple no sound, hulu sound, apple no sound, live tv sound, apple no sound.

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@bballjer44​ Same here. This is getting ridiculous. I do not understand why Xfinity is not working to resolve the issue instead of wasting customer time by passing the blame to the device.

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@user_c4a4c5​ Yup, that’s all they’ll do.  I had one agent transfer me to Apple after I told him it wasn’t a hardware issue.  They also keep trying to schedule a technician to come to the house…I told them it’s not a hardware problem, it’s clearly the app.  They also said it’s probably an internet issue…but I told them every other streaming app works fine.

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

Hello all: I have escalated this issue to the executive customer service team, however I am being treated as if I am the only customer reporting it. Furthermore, the engineering department who is allegedly looking into this is asking silly questions that have nothing to do with the audio problem itself. Any suggestions?

(edited)

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@user_c4a4c5​ They’ve supposedly “escalated” mine to the engineering team as well…keep acting like it’s “user error.”  

I signed up for LinkedIn and started sending emails to people who are listed for Comcast Interactive Media…if you check the App Store on the Apple TV, it shows that this is the developer of the app.  I just can’t find a way to reach out to them directly.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

2 years ago

I also find xfinity's response very frustrating as some of us have been very specific that it is the sound on apple tv+ on xfinity's platform only and the questions they have asked are totally unrelated.

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@bballjer44​ Thank you for confirming. My hope is that someone from the exec team will read this and see that their previous responses are unacceptable and do nothing to address the problems at-hand. Xfinity absolutely needs to take responsibility for the problems and get it solved quickly or I will be looking for another provider - I am certain others will follow.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

That is why I gave up and canceled cable tv after 32 years and went with you tube tv! It works great on my Apple TV !

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here about the audio issues with the Apple TV+ app, @bballjer44! I definitely want to make sure you can enjoy all your apps! Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB​ I am pretty sure all of us have gone through the basic troubleshooting steps. As I mentioned previously, this is an issue with the way the app was developed. Apparently your corporate office and engineers do not seem to understand this as I personally have attempted to address these concerns with them directly and I continue to get the runaround. Sounds like it is time for me to switch to a company who knows how to develop apps properly!

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

To be clear, uninstalling and reinstalling does nothing at all to fix the issue.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hey can they update me when this sound issue gets fixed..I’m like the rest of the million people thst used the app and the sound drops every now and then…In the meantime I will be on YouTube tv where their app works great and I get unlimited dvr. Not sure if I’ll come back but I’ll give it a try..

Thanks for nothing!

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@user_107dc7​ I would love to say they will notify us, however I am not confident it will happen, nor am I confident that a solution will be provided anytime soon. Absolutely unacceptable Xfinity!!!

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have been experiencing audio dropouts of a few seconds regularly when streaming XFinity App on iPad.  Audio dropout occurs during show not ad, and several times per hour.  Very irritating.  Same program on Apple TV has no dropouts.  My Xfinity internet has no Audio dropouts on other apps or platforms.  This has been going on for a few months.  I also experience video program freezes and dropouts...sometimes audio comes back with frozen video and I have to restart program to get audio and video back.  I am using WiFi (obviously), and have full bars.  Have run speed tests.  I have rebooted the router many times.  Problem appears to affect all channels, as far as I can tell.  Not sure about recorded vs live shows...had not occurred to me there might be a difference.  Dropouts and freezing are making XFinity App streaming almost unwatchable.  What is going on?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Still ongoing sound issues. It’s become a constant problem. Please help. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@PJButzer 

This link https://comca.st/3Arxuyx has great information for trouble shooting the streaming app, give these steps listed on the link a try 

Visitor

• 

22 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM Why keep giving links to "troubleshoot" instead of fixing the app itself? This is not something customers should need to troubleshoot at all. Xfinity is paid to provide a service to customers which means competent coders/programmers should be tasked with resolving this immediately!!!

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityOrlandoM​ not useful information at all

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @Cross3847. I'm sorry to hear you didn't find this link helpful. I see from your comment earlier you rebooted your Apple TV and uninstalled/reinstalled the App. However, I understand nothing has worked. I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details further. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message. Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@user_c4a4c5​ An EXPENSIVE service.  We pay them TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS A MONTH for the pleasure of using this app.

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

2 years ago

We are also having the same problem.  AppleTV 4K, tried restarting several times. Worked perfectly fine with Spectrum app before we moved and switched to Xfinity. 

Sound cuts out all the time, doesn’t matter what channel. Doesn’t do it on any other app. 

Forgive me for this feedback, also…Spectrum’s app is much, much better. Having to hold the button a long time to switch out of the Xfinity app is unnecessary and nothing like any other AppleTV app…it’s also not intuitive how to quit and go out to view another app. Having to click twice to start watching a new program is unnecessary. Having to scroll all the way to the top to get to the filters is a pain. There are serious usability issues.

The Spectrum app had a really nice feature that showed recent channels in the AppleTV main screen above the icons so you can easily access the channels you watch the most.  Pretty much every other AppleTV streaming app does this. 

You guys should really get hold of the Spectrum app and just duplicate it…it’s elegant, and much easier to use.  I am appreciative that you guys have an app, but I wonder if you did any research of other streaming apps before creating this one.

Overall, I am disappointed with the Xfinity app, having used the Spectrum app for a couple years, but am hoping that there is further development to make it more user-friendly. For now, we tolerate it, but are actively looking for another streaming service. We were able to watch Spectrum here in Colorado and are considering seeing if we can just sign up for their cable streaming without internet service. We are watching more movies from Amazon or HBO because we don’t like the app.  😢 

(edited)

Frequent Visitor

• 

15 Messages

@SilverTransplant@XfinityVianney i must agree with this comment, I’m using Xfinity now because you have most of the channels on my wish list but the usability issues outlined a live seriously damage the experience and I would probably change subscriptions if an alternative comes along with a more usable app and no audio dropouts. 

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@pjeffe001​ There’s another one…I only recently tried recording…whoa, Nellie!  There’s a [Edited: "Language"] user experience if I ever saw one!

So you have to EXIT the show to go back to the menu, then scroll to locate the channel you want to record, then click, navigate over, and click to record…then be presented with all the options.  Okay great.  Set up to record.  Painful, but it works.  But you want to go back and watch that show??  😂😂😂

Then you have to go BACK to the menu, and scroll through ALL OF THE CHANNELS to locate the show you were just watching.  But wait…did the app accidentally put the cursor up on the filters at the top, then get lost so you can’t even figure out where you are?

OMG, this is the WORST user experience I’ve ever seen.  I’m now talking myself into dropping Xfinity.  I don’t think I can wait for the 72 hours for “engineering” to get back with me to tell me that it’s my Apple TV and not their [Edited: "Language"] app.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here