nanajackson2010's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

Monday, May 4th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

where to file complaint

Does anyone have information on how to file a complaint for Xfinity Mobile (XM)? I requested a Samsung A50 from XM in April, and unfortunately the phone arrived with a hairline crack across the screen. I called them the same day I received the phone to report the damage and spoke to XM rep Rudy [EDIT:EID].  He ordered a replacement that same day, (same phone), told me the $35 re-stocking fee would be waived, which it should be because I received damaged merchandise, told me how to return the phone to XM, asked for my consent to approve the exchange and told me the order went through. There was no call reference # that he could give me to refer to later, only his ID#. 

Fedex came to my house on 4/20/20 at 5:53 PM to pick up the defective phone (per the tracking number it was delivered to XM 4/29/20 at 10:15 AM).

When the new phone arrived there was a problem and a rep named LaBarbara assisted with activating the replacement phone. 

I foolishly thought all was well until today, 5/04/20, when I received an email from XM stating that my return had been reviewed, and I later saw a charge on my credit card for $350.00 for the defective phone!!!

I immediately started an online chat with XM on 5/04/20 at 10:00AM, with a rep named Deborah who was in Canada. After holding with her for one hour and 28 minutes while she escalated things to Tier 2, she advised she could not resolve my problem, and that I would have to call Account Verification at 844-963-0011, which I did.

My first connection with a rep after holding was horrible, and I had to hang up, call back and wait in the queue again.  This time I opted for a call back as the length of the queue had grown. I received a call back from a rep named Rachel, who advised that even though I called the correct number, she was in fact "Customer Service", but as far as she could tell I was charged as if I had damaged the phone.

Rachel transferred me to another queue, and after being on hold for 52 minutes, I spoke with Byron [EDIT:EID]. He advised he would have to file a claim with Fedex to have the case "researched", that this would take from 14 to 21 days, that I would not recieve any kind of contact, but "hopefully" things would be resolved and the charge could then be reversed. Not finding this acceptable, I asked for a supervisor, and was told there was not one who could give me a different resolution. Basically, XM's Tier 3 would work with Fedex to resolve, and there was no way for me as the customer to directly escalate this problem. I asked him what would happen if Fedex denied damaging, which could in fact be true, it could have been damaged before it ever left XM, he had no response other than leaving me to undderstand that the charge would remain. This being completely unacceptable, to be charged for a phone I did not damage with no way of reversing the charge, all he could offer me was a case number for the claim filed with Fedex.  This is not customer service, and I need to know how to escalate this on my own- anyone have any info on how to do that? 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm dealing with exactly the same issue from almost the same exact date... Plus again today on a a70 that was dropping calls due to a samsung update,, they remedied it with the a71. They took 503$ from my account
saying moistuer indicator is on on the a70(lies) You should call the consumer board for your state file complaint there... That's what I'm doing first because the state department doesn't make it hard to file one like Xfinity Mobile does

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

That is EXACTLY what they are doing to us Right now just got off the phone with xfinity. They made us send in our A70 said that the update they did was bad and caused the phone to crash. They replaced with new version A71..Sent the old A70 back to them as instructed , and they charged us $294 .......said the phone had water damage big time lie. It was practically new. Refused to remove the charges.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

A website called https://fairshake.com/comcast/file-a-complaint/ includes links for 5 different ways to file a complaint, from the BBB, which I don't think anyone cares about, to Small Claims Court, contesting credit card charges, and the FCC complaint provided by another reader.

I did check the BBB website, and apparently Comcast has multiple cases with various states for over-charging or defrauding customers.  Your state's consumer protection office may be another possibility.  They may file a suit if there are enough complainants.

It's hard to find, but if you have a customer service problem, there is a link to report it to the office of Tom Karinshak.  It says they will respond within 24 hours, but after all the time I've spent on hold, I'm not expecting it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

How about I am on call #6 for the last 3 hours and you are complaining to me how you cannot hear me on the phone you sold me!!! With video...

Official Employee

• 

28 Messages

Hi! Sorry to hear about the issues over the phone. Will you please send us a private message with more information so we can assist?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityEmilyC 

I just got new service at a new address. It is not set up correctly and the chat room folks suck.  I wasted an hour and 20 minutes trying to get them to understand my service is not correct. Even though I gave them the correct address no less than five times they were still trying to sell me service for a different address, as opposed to correcting my actual problem. god your customer care group sucks. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I truly apologize for the customer experience you have had with getting your new services set up! This is definitely not the experience we want you to have and we would be happy to turn this around for you! Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

This is the type of service this company provides.  Exactly why I won't change from Verizon to them.  My parents switched and I had a similar issue early on.  Now, I need a new SIM card to reactive my father's line, because my father dropped his phone in the lake and I have an older device he can use.  There is no way to contact a human.  And, I finally got someone in chat who could understand a simple request. This company is a hoax in my opinion.  I am sorry they have essentially stolen your money.   I hope you can get your issue resolved.  I spent 4 hours on the phone last time trying to get my parent's issue sorted out.  

Contributor

• 

151 Messages

3 years ago

My advise is to buy at an Xfinity store OR if you choose to take the chance and order online, take your unopened box to an Xfinity store and let them open it and activate it for you. I realize this would be difficult for many people because of distance to a store, but desperate times call for desperate measures to save you headaches and from being robbed.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am having an issue with XM about my phone bill. They are claiming that I owe a bill from six months ago and they are saying that it's my fault Anyone who has XM knows that there is only a 10 day grace period and that's it. Now they want me to believe that I'm special enough to have a 6 month extension. I have called several times and I am on hold now with them telling me that no supervisor can give me a different outcome. I am on my third phone with them and have been with them for 3 years. They can't change my due date and they won't unlock the phone that is paid out because they're claiming I owe them. My billing cycle started being messed in September of last year and they see that, but won't fix it. Then he states that if I can pay my last two months (which I owe) they will unlock my paid device. THEN he backpeddles and and says they can't unlock it because of the December bill. (THAT IS NOT VALID). THE CHARGES HAD TO BE DISPUTED COLLECTIVELY  BECAUSE THEY WERE ATTACHED TO ONE ANOTHER. This has been the worst experience of my life with them.  This is an ongoing issue with this company. I have been paying my bill the whole 3 years I've been with them, so why would I not pay it. The supervisor was rude and tried to be disrespectful, but I was not having that. After three years It's time to say goodbye. The reception was great, but they're customer service [Edited: "Language"].

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good morning @user_982011 and thank you for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our forums. I'm so sorry to hear about the frustrating experience as this is never how we want any of our valuable customers to feel. Since this is related to Xfinity Mobile, I would have to direct you to our Xfinity Mobile support. Our department handles specific customer service request and unfortunately, we are unable to access Xfinity Mobile Support tools. You can reach them by phone at 1 (888) 936-4968, through their website https://comca.st/3qkcoeX, or you can reach out to our Xfinity Mobile Facebook page at https://comca.st/2Rpz9iQ, and they would love to assist you!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Attempting to activate my phones ending with 3366,6353 and 6041. Tried calling the support team multiple times, long wait time heard various theory that phone is locked, iPhone 8 not supported, need to visit store, need new sim etc. Visited store(Alpharetta, GA) today and and they told(including the manager) that xfinity does nto support iPhone8(it was supporting already prior switching with anoth number). Stragenly, the number ending 3366 I ca nnot make calls, text or access data for more than two weeks. Right now on hold with another person who is having hard time understanding the issue and need to check back with some one else. Its not looking good and I am almost at a point to switch out to another provider cancelling out both internet and 5 phone lines. Very poor technical support team's knowledge base and lack of escalatio menthods noticed. And fnally the support executive just vanishes while I kep on saying hello..hello.. rediculous support team..

Official Employee

• 

26 Messages

Hello there! Sorry to hear you are having troubles getting services started. Have you tried checking your phones compatibility here? 

https://comca.st/3gQQuhd;

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Xfinity Technical Support is very poor.  Supervisor OFLA hung up on me.  Supervisor CHEF had me waiting for 1:45 mins and then hung up on me.   Horrible company

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Feels like a crew of toddlers work for XM... after two days and counting,  still don't have my new sim card activated.  Something that takes minutes with other providers,  xfinity cannot fix in days. I can assume they have highly incompetent staff members, that have no clue what they are doing.  Extremely frustrating...

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, @user_b9f2db thank you for making us aware about your being unable to activate your new sim card on our forums. I know how frustrating this experience can be. This is never how our customers should feel.

I will have to direct you to our Xfinity Mobile support. You can reach them by phone at 1 (888) 936-4968, through their website https://comca.st/3qkcoeX, or you can reach out to our Xfinity Mobile Facebook page at https://comca.st/2Rpz9iQ, and they would love to assist you!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Someone needs to explain to me why I am being charged $107.55 instead of the agreed cost of $14.00 per month. I even had no problem paying the $35.00 per month as that is what I was paying before your sales person sold me on the deal we both talked about. I have already gone back to the Raynham store to get answers and they were unable to help me...
Why does your company do this to people? I am handicapped and can not keep going back and forth with this and I am not paying you $107.55 for this bill.
If I keep feeling harassed, I will report you to the Disabled Persons Protection Commission as I have Multiple Sclerosis and your way of doing business is abuse...
Please fix this!
Ed C.
[Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

This comment has been converted into a post

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hello, Im very shocked by their sales representative practices when I decided to switch from my previous mobile provider the sales representative informed me that :

The phones will be unloked as it was a condition to switch

My home bill (with xfinity) will drop from 40$ to 30$ since It's a promotion to encourage customer to suscribe to xfinity mobile , made sense

Unfortunately to my surprise both statements were lies and good luck making your point with the phone representatives, called ,waited 2 hrs for supervisors ,hung up on me after multiple attempts...their techniques are there to discourage you for asking for your dues...felt like I was dealing with scam company. My problem has not been solved. Xfinity stay away from it! 

Official Employee

• 

244 Messages

While unlocking a phone that is brought to our network is a necessity with compatible devices, that is something that would have to be done by the owner of the phone to allow for our network to function properly on that device prior to us adding it.

I would like to look into your home bill to review that discount in question with you.

To get started, please send us a private chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window. Press Enter to send

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here