U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jun 14, 2022 2:58 AM

Someone ordered a phone under my name

Sounds like I am having the same problem as a lot of others. I'm in TN and someone with a Illinois area code ordered a phone and it was placed on an Xfinity mobile account that I didn't have. I have Verizon service. They even added an American Express credit card on the account. I have never had an American Express card. You you think Xfinity could seen the card doesn't have my name on it. Xfinity said they couldn't stop shipment on the phone because it had already been processed. Xfinity said to refuse the package that should have required a signature from FedEx. FedEx left the phone on my porch. At least I had possession of the phone. I called FedEx and after a week they picked the phone back up. After the phone was returned I did notice the device was removed from the fraudulent account.  Now someone American Express card number still remains on the account, but I suppose it has been canceled because Xfinity send the balance of $25.99 to a collection agency. What can I do. I was on the phone with Xfinity a total of 5 hours on 2 different phone calls. I even talked to the fraud department and did everything they said do. What else can I do to clear this up and clear the account. After this Xfinity screw-up I would never have a phone from Xfinity!!

Official Employee

• 

3.1K Messages

18日前

Greetings, @user_23577c ! Thanks for reaching out to us on the Forums! I hope you are having an amazing day! I certainly apologize to hear of this situation you went through and understand where you are coming from as far as someone using your information to order the phone. It sounds like you had already went through the right channels. Did the fraud department from the mobile department say anything like they were be further reviewing this incident?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

13日前

The fraud department was less than helpful, if thats possible. No one really help me at all. It was hard to get someone that could speak English well enough to understand.If they had helped then this wouldn't have been turned over to a collection company. 

Official Employee

• 

799 Messages

@user_23577c, have you attempted to reach out to our Xfinity Mobile team online to see if they had any other resolution options for you? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here