Issues with MMS over WiFi for YEARS
I just switched to xfinity Mobile on December 6, 2019. At that time, I asked if my phone, an unlocked Samsung S9+ was fully compatible with all services, and I was assured that it was.
I have noticed that MMS messages sent while Wi-Fi is enabled will not send. The phone tries to send for over 5 minutes before it fails. When I turn Wi-Fi OFF, the message sends immediately.
- First, I contacted xfinity support via Chat. "John" told me that Android 10 was required to resolve the problem. Later he admitted that the problem is with the xfinity mobile service. He directed me to call Customer Care at (888) 936 4968.
- I spoke with someone at Customer care who spent a significant amount of time with me, trying various options, all to no avail. She spoke with a number of technicians who all advised her that this problem occurred when Android Pie was rolled out. (Android Pie was rolled out on August 6, 2018, or 545 days ago!)
- I found that iPhone users are experiencing the same problem, since at least December 18, 2018, according to a thread I found on this forum.
- I was told that xfinity is aware of this problem, but there is no estimated date for a solution.
- Since there is a temporary "work-around", inconvenient as it may be (disabling Wi-Fi before sending an MMS message), I do not feel that this is a major issue. However:
- I specified that I believe that a credit should be applied to my bill for reduced service until the problem is resolved.
- I requested a credit of $2 per month for the next year.
- I was told that a monthly credit could not be applied, but I was given a one-time credit of $30.
- I specified that it the problem persisted on Feb 01, 2021, I will request another credit
The credit I requested is inconsequential to me. It is not about the money. I want it to send a signal to xfinity that there is a problem with their service that must be corrected. I encourage anyone who reads this and experiences the same issue to call customer care at (888) 936 4968 and request the same thing.
Please be certain to tell them that this request is for the long-time bug with their mobile phone MMS service over WiFi. Perhaps, if enough of us do so, they will prioritize the fix with their software.