chrislee32's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 14th, 2020 5:00 AM

Closed

Cell phone dropping calls with WIFI calling

I have been reading online blogs where MANY people are having dropped calls with WIFI calling on Xfinity mobile. I am having the same problem. I've worked through the issue and have found the problem.....BUT NO SOLUTION.

When calling on WIFI the phone will show XM WIFI. Calls go through with no issues. When the phone shows XFINITY MOBILE no WIFI calls will go through. The problem is that the phone will switch randomly between the two settings. Thus dropping your calls. I've worked with Tier 1, 2 and 3 people at Xfinity and no resolution. It happens with 3 different models of iphone and a Galaxy phone. I happens with 3 different modems. HEY XFINITY, THIS IS NOT A USER SIDE PROBLEM.

I've been dealing with this issue for a year now. I'm praying we don't have an actual emergency at my home because I'll have to jump in the car and drive a mile down to the road to call for help. XFINITY please work on a resolution, I'm certainly not the only person with this issue. 

Here are many examples of users with the same issue.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q=wifi%20calling%20drop%20calls

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

same issue.  after a few minutes, calls drop.  both iphone and carrier services software levels are current.  have the Xfinity gateway as well.  tried airplane mode as well and it took a bit longer, but the calls still drop.  this is absurd.  really can't understand how Xfinity can ignore this issue and not get it addressed.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Does make one wonder, are they just milking this product offering and planning to bail soon? Isn't it funny how their VM proudly announces that they were named #1 for Customer Satisfaction by some obscure poll? Yeah, right...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Same issues here with my 11 pro max. Have been ever since they released it to galaxy devices like 2 years ago. I also live in a dead zone so I pay for a landline now... 😡

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

After trying for months to get this resolved with Xfinity, I gave up.  Their customer service is nearly non-existent except for chat.  The wait times for tech support are more than 3 hours (during which they proudly announce that they were named #1 for customer satisfaction by some obscure agency, haha!). Now I've switched to T-Mobile for just $10 more per month, and that has totally solved my problem, no dropped calls! Yay! https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same problem.  Been working from home since March due to pandemic and need this phone to be reliable for non-stop meetings and it's anything but that.  Live in cellular dead zone.  Have Verizon IPhone X that worked perfectly on my old Comcast wiFi router untill I upgraded my Comcast package to 600Mb w/ phone service and the brand new WiFi 6 router in Oct'20.  All OS and Carrier versions are current on phone.  Dropps calls daily and at their worst in the afternoon.  Drops 3-5 times / 30 min conference call.

Went through Level 1 support and they said I needed a new driver from Apple.  Called Apple Tech support and they said there is no such thing.  Apple said call Verizon and tell them that I currently have something called "Short Call codes" and that Verizon needs to change be to "Long Call codes" .  

THis is not what I signed up for when I upgrade Comcast.  I've been with them for nearly 19 years and was one of their initial  beta test cable modem subsscribers.  At the price I pay per month this is a common flaw and needs attention from Comcast!

Fix this Comcast.  Own the problem.  This is not acceptable!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I just expect calls to drop now and warn anyone I’m talking too. It’s garbage. I wish I’d never switched my service because this is useless.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Folks !! Dont even WASTE your time with this [Edited: "Language"] Service....Finally, after 1 month of suffering with countless dropped calls I switched Carriers (10 days ago) and NOT a SINGLE call was Dropped. I should have asked for 1 full month Refund after realizing this indeed was the Xfinitly Mobile fault. Oh well, at least I can handle straight conversations now!! 

I NEVER Ever experienced such a BAD Service in my life, including most of the Customer Service staff I have been dealing with on this issue. I doubt if they give a rat Bass on what service quality they're reperesnting, and the Big [Edited: "Language"] Joke is their 'superiority; annoucement as Best Customer Service.!!? Gimme a break. As soon as I moved south to Florida I began experiencing this problem. 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Please read my last message i posted after dealing with the same problem you're having. One thing for sure, Comcast would never fix this problem and try to throw the error on other parties. Listen to me, I switched over to Pure Talk (ATT network base) and it's been almost 2 weeks and NOT a SIngle Call Drop!! so, whose to blame here?! I am also payng almost 1/2 the monhtly pay that Xfinity mobile was charging me! They're a Joke of Mobile Service. 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

So a bit more evidence.  Same story here, but started happening with iPhone XS only after getting the new Comcast gateway.   Interestingly, calls also drop when using a Samsung network extender brought over from my old Verizon account that is connected to the gateway.  My theory is some sort of incompatibility between newer iPhonesand the xfinity gateway.  

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @Rruss10067 Thank you for using Xfinity forums! I would like to look into the issue with calls being dropped with Wi-Fi calling. 

Please send me a private message and include your first and last so I can assist you. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAbbie” and click “Send a message”

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks. Yes I have heard this works for many people. What seems to have finally solved my issue was Comcast forcing a settings/software update to my gateway and Xfinity mobile fixing a SIM card registration problem in the phone. Both were done almost at the same time so I’m a bit unclear on what seems to have FINALLY resolved the problem. I will give it a few more days before declaring victory...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I had this same issue come up when I instaled the new Xfi gateway. After a lot a searching I found what worked for me and my iphone. It wasnt a Xfinity problem, it was that the phone needed to reattach itself to the network correctly. 

Once I "reset network settings" my wifi calling became clear and uniterupted. 

iphone settings - general-reset-Reset Network Settings

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

This issue started a couple months ago. I made the following change and my issue is now resolved.

The cable modem and WiFi router was broadcasting at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz with the same SSID. My phone would automatically switch between the two frequencies depending on signal strength. If my phone switched during a WiFi call, the call would drop. I disabled the 2.4 GHz option on the router. You can access these setting by following the steps in this support article: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-wifi-mode-admin-tool-xfinity-xfi

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Similar problem.  Can't make a call, dropped calls, Calls going to VM without ringing.   I am in Des Plaines near 2 major highways, so there should be ample Verizon cells.  Have called Xfinity mobil 3 tiers, no help.  Near the point of switching to a different service.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here