U

Sunday, September 24th, 2023 9:38 PM

Closed

Xfinity app requires authorization from xfinity app for login

When launching the app on on my phone, it asks me to login. To do so, it redirects me to xfinity.com.  I log in, but it says I need to use the app to authorize my login.

I am stuck in an endless loop.  Suggestions on how to get around this?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there @user_2f3321! Thanks for taking the time to reach out. I'm sorry you've been having login issues. I know you probably have, but I have to ask. Have you already cleared cache and cookies? 

3 Messages

correct, cache/cookies cleared.   I can authenticate in, but it wants verification from the app.. which is logged out, so I never get a prompt to approve the authentication.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Perfect, thanks for catching us up to speed. Is the app on an iPhone by chance?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

correct, i am using an iphone

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

We have received a few reports of issues with the newest app update on iPhones. I'm not seeing one specific to login in issues so I'd like to gather some information to let our team know. When you get a chance, can you send us a direct message? 

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here