U

10 Messages

Thursday, September 14th, 2023 7:21 PM

Closed

Xfinity App Only Showing 3 Icons at the bottom, “overview”, “services” and “account” but no Wifi

My Xfinity app is bugged. Only 3 tab icons appear at the bottom of the Xfinity app, “overview”, “services”, and “account”. I cannot control my Wi-Fi settings because the tab does not exist. I'm even locked out of editing Wifi in the Admin Tools because it tells me I can only edit Wifi settings in the official Xfinity app. I cannot add new devices like the Xfinity Xfi pods because the option doesn’t exist. Also, under the services tab it only displays mobile options like mobile lines and data usage (I have xfinity mobile) but no internet options. I'm on iOS. I have updated the Xfinity app, I have even deleted the app and reinstalled it. I'm signing into the correct Xfinity ID and my current address is the default address with a new account number attached to it like its suppose to.

*Update 9/15/2023: Had a phone call from a higher up Xfinity employee. Essentially I was told that there was nothing they can do at this time. These issues in the app (Missing tabs for wifi or connecting devices) have been happening for over a month to various people and they're still looking for a way to fix it. I'm told I'll receive a text or email at some point in the future letting me know when it has been fixed, but that timeline is unknown. I'll update here again once my issue has been fixed.

*Update 9/27/2023 (FIXED): I got tired of waiting to hear back from Xfinity on when this problem would be fixed, so I decided to try fixing it on my own. I took my xFi Gateway (model XB7) to my local Xfinity store and exchanged it for a newer model (XB8). I immediately hooked it up to the wall when i got home but I couldn't set it up all the way because you need to do it with the xfinity app and my Xfinity app was still bugged (only had the 3 icons at the bottom,“overview”, “services”, and “account”, so no Wifi option). So from my phone I contacted an Xfinity agent on the Xfinity chat messenger and asked them to set up the wifi on my new xFi gateway modem. They set up my Wifi name and password and restarted my modem. Once it was all set up and I had my wifi back, I got back into my Xfinity app and all of the icons on the bottom were back! I can now see, "Overview", "Services", "Wifi", "Security" and "Account". So for my case, exchanging my older model modem (XB7) for the newest model (XB8) did the trick for me!    

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

1 year ago

@user_11aa6f 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. You are likely not seeing all the Xfinity app features as you are attempting to log into that app with a disconnected account. If you recently moved or set up new Comcast services, you were issued a new account number. You must set up a profile associated with that active account to be able to have access to the full Xfinity app experience. For information on how to set up a profile with your new account number, you can follow the directions outlined in this article

Please let us know if you have any other questions or run into any difficulties when registering. 

10 Messages

Thanks for the reply Jessie! Yes, I recently moved and just transferred everything to the new address without adding any new services. I followed the link you added to create a new Xfinity ID, but it won't let me set up a profile with a new account number. When it asks for my phone number it leads to a page saying "Looks like you already have an Xfinity ID" and it just pulls up my existing account (Which I assume is tied to my old account number from my old address?). It won't let me create a new Xfinity ID. If I choose "start over" it just brings me back to the page where I add my phone number, and doing that just pulls up my current Xfinity ID account all over again. Is there a step I'm missing?  

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thanks for those details. We truly appreciate you bringing us with you to your new address. I would recommend linking your account to your new account or using your current Xfinity ID to set up the new account. Here is a link with more details, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/switching-between-multiple-accounts. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

10 Messages

Hey Jeniece! After following your link I found that all of my previous addresses (Account numbers) were already linked to my Xfinity ID. They all just say inactive besides the new address I moved to. The address I moved to is linked to my xfinity ID as the default address and it has its own account number. Do I need to unlink the old addresses from my account to help the xfinity app give me access to the correct account (My new address?).  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Great question, @user_11aa6f! Personally, I did not have to unlink my accounts (which are still linked to this day) when I moved a couple of years ago. I have access to all tabs within the Xfinity App without any issues, so it sounds like something we may have to investigate further and troubleshoot for you. No worries! Could you please send our team a direct message to get started?

To send a direct message:

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'. 
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.  

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. Thank you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

10 Messages

This is an update as of now for those who find this post. The issues I was having with missing features in the xfinity app (Tabs to control Wifi settings or add devices to my network like Xfi Pods) was escalated to a phone call from a higher up Xfinity employee. Essentially I was told that there was nothing they can do at this time. These issues in the app (Missing tabs for wifi or connecting devices) have been happening for over a month to various people and they're still looking for a way to fix it. I'm told I'll receive a text or email at some point in the future letting me know when it has been fixed, but that timeline is unknown. I'll update here again once my issue has been fixed.

In the meantime, if anyone finds a workaround to get full function back in their Xfinity App let me know!

6 Messages

10 months ago

I am having the same issue for a 3 weeks. I only have 3 tabs which I have no resolution. I contacted a support rep and told me that the tabs are limited because I have my own modem which is incorrect. The issue occurred even when I had the Xfinity modem. I asked the rep to escalate the issue but still no response. Any solutions please let me know.

1 Message

7 months ago

I'm having the same problem with my Xfinity app on my iphone SE -- I'm trying to set up my Xfi Pods and they're not showing up to "activate" in my Xfinity app .........  I spoke with a Comcast representative who worked with me a bit then said that a technician would call me later. I haven't received the call, yet. Good luck to you. I hope you find a solution

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here