brmoore9's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thursday, August 17th, 2023 3:26 PM

Closed

Xfinity app does not work

I just purchased a new Netgear CM2000 modem to replace an outdated CM1000. I went to activate the modem on the Xfinity website and found it can now only be done through an Xfinity app. So I downloaded the app on my iPhone XR (running IOS 16) and opened it. A logon screen appeared and I entered my Xfinity logon ID and password. I then tried to run the app and it immediately went back to the login screen. I tried over and over again with same result. I deleted the app and reinstalled it with the same result. I then loaded the app on my IPad and the same thing happened. I am now sitting here with a new modem that I can't install. This is extremely frustrating. In searching the web I noted that I am not the only one with this issue.

Anyone who knows how to fix this I would really appreciate it if you could share your knowledge.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

1 year ago

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a message, you must be signed in. Please click the envelope icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

For some reason the app was expecting an ID and password that hasn't been used in years. Bought new modem is hope of fixing a connection problem as I lose connection and have to restart the modem many times a day. The new modem (Netgear CM2000) still can't keep connected. I used the app to set up the new modem and had no problems but a few minutes later it again lost the connection. I then hooked the modem directly to the line that comes into the house and the same connection problem still occurs. When the modem boots up the upstream light flashes indicating a weak upstream signal. I looked at the modem logs and they confirm the issue. Netgear tells me that the signal coming into the house is weak and that is why the issue occurs.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @brmoore9 - our Digital Care Team can help with troubleshooting and even schedule an expert Xfinity technician to take a closer look if needed. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

In order to try to remedy frequent modems restarts due to dropped connection I bought a new Netgear CM2000 to replace a 6 year old CM1000. The installation went smoothly using the Xfinity app. The new modem did not fix the issue. In order to make sure that the issue was not internal to the house I hooked the modem directly to the line that comes into the house (bypassing all in house cabling) and the problem still remained.

When restarting the modem I noticed that after the downstream light turned solid white the upstream light came on as a solid white then as the online light turned solid white the upstream light started blinking.

In checking the modem logs I keep seeing “16 consecutive t3 timeouts while trying to range on upstream channel”

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will soon be doing some freelance work from home and I need a reliable connection. The Xfinity cable TV has no problems.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Frequent Intermittent Internet Drops

Official Employee

• 

471 Messages

To send a direct message: 

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. 

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

• 

106K Messages

@brmoore9 

Please copy all of the text in its entirety of the *Downstream Power Levels*, the *SNR's* (Signal to Noise Ratios), and the *Upstream Power Level* numbers and paste them into your next post.

Also, please post the Modem's RF error log entries in their entirety (copy and paste all of the text) but redact the CM and the CMTS MAC addresses for your privacy or else the forum bot will not allow your post to be seen publically.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Xfinity has determined that there is likely an issue with the line that is coming into the house and has scheduled an appointment with a technician this Saturday.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Just to let everyone know that today Xfinity tech came to the house and replaced the old cable (18 years old) with new cable and the problem has been fixed.

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

This is wonderful news @brmoore9, we are so glad to hear that the visit resulting in your service performing as intended. Just to double-check that your connection is also where it should be, please attempt a speed test to ensure your speeds are within the range of your anticipated plan speeds.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here