brmoore9's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Monday, August 21st, 2023 6:40 PM

Closed

Frequent Intermittent Internet Drops

In order to try to remedy frequent modems restarts due to dropped connection I bought a new Netgear CM2000 to replace a 6 year old CM1000. The installation went smoothly using the Xfinity app. The new modem did not fix the issue. In order to make sure that the issue was not internal to the house I hooked the modem directly to the line that comes into the house (bypassing all in house cabling) and the problem still remained.

When restarting the modem I noticed that after the downstream light turned solid white the upstream light came on as a solid white then as the online light turned solid white the upstream light started blinking.

In checking the modem logs I keep seeing “16 consecutive t3 timeouts while trying to range on upstream channel”

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will soon be doing some freelance work from home and I need a reliable connection. The Xfinity cable TV has no problems.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Xfinity app does not work

Official Employee

• 

471 Messages

1 year ago

To send a direct message: 

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. 

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 year ago

@brmoore9 

Please copy all of the text in its entirety of the *Downstream Power Levels*, the *SNR's* (Signal to Noise Ratios), and the *Upstream Power Level* numbers and paste them into your next post.

Also, please post the Modem's RF error log entries in their entirety (copy and paste all of the text) but redact the CM and the CMTS MAC addresses for your privacy or else the forum bot will not allow your post to be seen publically.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here