U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Sep 5, 2022 3:13 PM

Xfinity App Activation - “Sorry, We’re Having Some Trouble”

I recently purchased an internet service plan, but I'm unable to activate using the app. I'm able to log in to Xfinity from the web browser, but the following errors pops up when I try to sign in on the xfinity app. “Sorry, We’re Having Some Trouble”

I've tried some basic troubleshooting such as closing and reinstalling the app, restarting phone, etc. to no avail. Customer support has been unable to provide a solution.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

EG

Expert

• 

95.7K Messages

19 d ago

Try calling 1-855-652-3446. That is their device activation line.

If that doesn't work for you, you can call 1-800-comcast and tell a rep that you would like to have a new modem provisioned for service. Have the RF / CM / HFC MAC address and the serial number of it handy when you call.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@EG​ The phone line just tells you to use the app. Utterly useless.

EG

Expert

• 

95.7K Messages

@user_3518a8  How about the 1800comcast number ?

(edited)

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

19 d ago

Having the exact same problem as you. Xfinity's customer service has not been helpful at all

Official Employee

• 

163 Messages

Hello @user_62bacb  I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the App. Are you able to log in on the website? Are you seeing the issue on multiple devices? Are you getting any specific error messages or codes? We do suggest 1. closing and restarting the app  2. deleting and reinstalling the app. Please let us know if these steps don't help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

189 Messages

17 d ago

Hi there @user_5f1c78 ! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to reach Xfinity here on Forums! We are sorry you are having this issue with the Xfinity stream app.  Do you still need assistance?

EG

Expert

• 

95.7K Messages

17 d ago

Concern moved here to the Xfinity App help section.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

12 d ago

This seems to be a common problem.  I too cannot log into the app. I get the same error message. Xfinity is simply the worst and I feel sorry for all of us who are forced to have them as out ISP.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

10 d ago

Yep. I am having the same issue with the app. Clearly something is broken on their end. None of the options they posted here have fixed it. Please fix your app xfinity. This is extremely ridiculous. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

10 d ago

I have the same issue

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 d ago

having the same issue right now, just got an xFi and I'm trying to use the app to set it up. Nothing suggested here has worked.

Official Employee

• 

357 Messages

Hi there @cameron.avi. Thank you so much for letting us know you are having troubles activating your service. You are in the right place and I am happy to assist you today. Are you using your Xfinity Username ID to log into the Xfinity App? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

9 d ago

Same here. It was painful process to purchase already and now this.

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

I appreciate you sharing your experience. We want to be sure we can get this resolved for you. Are you able to sign in using the website? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 d ago

Having the same issue. Trying to set up my modem and can’t get into the app. Try calling the number and get told to use the app. Just switched to xfinity from spectrum and already starting to regret it. I hope xfinity customer service is at least trying to figure this out.

Official Employee

• 

308 Messages

Hello @user_bcbe3c, and thank you for letting us know you are having trouble with logging into the app to activate service. I would be happy to assist you with fixing the problem! 

Can you send us a private message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address?

To send a private message, please click the chat icon next to the bell in the upper right corner. Click the “notepad and pen” button. Send the full message to our shared support handle “Xfinity Support”. We look forward to hearing from you!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 d ago

I am having the same problem, the app is not working!

XfinityChe

Official Employee

• 

6.5K Messages

Hello @user_3a3a88. Sorry for the issues you're having. I wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to get this resolved? If not, I'd be happy to help with some troubleshooting. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 d ago

I am having the same issue. I suppose I should pick another provider?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

8 d ago

Same issue. What am I supposed to do with this?

Official Employee

• 

341 Messages

@user_3a3a88 - You've reached the right team for help. Could you please send our team a message with your full name and full address? We can definitely take a further look at this issue.
To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 d ago

I was eventually able to get mine activated once I got to an actual person in the live chat support option on their website. I would suggest the same for everyone else here!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

8 d ago

Yes, this is a very frustrating problem.  The activation process is bottlenecked through the app, but whenever I try to sign in to the app I get the message, "sorry we're having trouble" with a number to call.  When you call the number, it says to activate using the app.  It's a maddening loop.  Went to the store today for help and I waited for an hour for someone to tell me the app is glitchy and I should call the activation line to bypass the app.  That number is also a robot that says I need the app.  Talked to a nice guy in India, and he troubleshooted my modem and restarted it, and then disappeared when I said I wasn't able to login to my app to activate the modem.  There has to be a better way to solve this.  Please help.  I don't want to spend any more time fishing for real people in a sea of bots.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here